Neutrogena T/Gel Shampoo for Greasy Hair

3.0

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ugh. This stuff just did not work for my husband's dandruff, and the smell almost drove us out of the house. He switched to Avon's dandruff shampoo and the Neutrogena went to the barn to use on the top of our horses' tails when they get their first bath of the warm season. Works great for them but not for people!

It does work and makes my scalp less itchy and takes away some of the grease, so it doesn't need washing every day but every other day instead. It smells fine and works well with my curly hair. It also doesn;t take away any colour from my coloured hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

During the winter months I almost always get a bad case of dandruff, yet my hair is still greasy at the same time. This shampoo sounded like just the thing I needed to get rid of the flakes and oil.

So far I've used this shampoo twice. My hair is especially flaky immediately after my shower, and I have noticed a slight decrease in the number of flakes since I started washing my hair with this. But by the next morning my scalp starts to itch again and my hair is as oily as it's always been. Maybe I need to give the product more of a chance before I judge its effectiveness. It says on the back of the bottle to consult a doctor if the condition does not improve after 6 weeks. I'll give it that long to see if it works, and will update this review if necessary.

*EDIT* This shampoo has definitely helped with the dandruff and greasy roots, so I've given it 4 lippies instead of my original 3. Scalp is still a bit itchy though.

Popular Shampoos