August 27, 2014 | 1807 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri Mauve It

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm pleasantly surprised with this polish! I really like the color, although it doesn't really look like the photo someone posted here. It's darker and not as pink as the picture. It goes on well, dries quickly as promised, and with a top coat hols up nicely. Much more impressed with this than much higher end polishes. I'll def. repurchase! FYI, Mauve it is a warm color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by LipstikDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

By far the best polish I've tried - and not just the pretty pink colour (which looks fab with a coat of shimmery polish over it). The brush covers the nail quickly and evenly and you can get away with a single coat. I put on two coats and the first small chip came on the fifth day and that was after four days of golfing on vacation. Only comment would be it's quite thick but maybe that's why it covers so well with one coat and stays put. I can't believe how quickly it dries - less than a minute (literally). Going to buy a few more colours tomorrow. You can't beat the price and you get better quality than the expensive dept. store brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by tecnogrl

I have purchased about a dozen colors in the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri and I believe Mauve It has to be my favorite. It's a very flattering neutral shade and it's great for putting over other nail polishes to give them a different look. I've found that as I get older I can't wear darker colors on my nails as it makes my hands look older. I loved dark colors at one time but now I don't really reach for them very much. This shade really gives my hands a more youthful look. Lately I have been trying to switch over to Zoya polishes but I will say that I love the large brush, quick application and quick dry time on the Inst-Dri. Prices are good too so it's more affordable to collect a lot of shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mauve it is a soft shiny pink-mauve nail polish. It goes well on the application, it brings a soft luminosity to the nails! Verry pretty for summer! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by DutchieConqueror

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this color. It's definitely not mauve, more like a rich cross between peach and baby pink. Works well on my dark cool tone skin as it has more red than yellow tones. I enjoy the insta dri line... I was just on my way to a baby shower last minute and polished my nails with this just as I ran out the door. No chips or smudges and I even carried a cake to the car about two minutes after I painted them.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

Meh. Too thick and gloppy in texture. Nice color though. It doesn't dry THAT fast. I screwed it up after putting two coats, about 4 minutes apart and after maybe 2 minutes of waiting.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yeah, I really, really like this color alot on my hands. Just a perfect shade of pink with a bit of mauve and some subtle shimmer. The only drawback for me is that I only used this polish about 4 times and then it sit awhile (I only had it for some months, at least 6 I guess) and it went thick in the bottle and was not workable. I like the color so much that I was thinking of getting another bottle, but not sure. I did find some nail polish thinner at Sally's Beauty Supply but have never tried the stuff, may be worth it to see how it does. To me, this color is a 'go to" so we'll see..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sll74

this pink with a pretty shimmer looks great against my brown skin. i like the insta-dri line. i will sometimes get in bed at night, put one coat on and go to sleep with my hands on top of the covers. when i get up in the morning my nails are dry and beautiful! this is great for work and it's thick enough that it doesn't show any nail imperfections. i like the brush (although i know some people don't). to me it allows quicker coverage of the nail. i have long nails so this definitely cuts down on polish time because it covers more of the nail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, finally a subtle pink that I like! I had looked at it online and gone to the store thinking I was buying it before, but I stopped myself when I saw the bottle and realized it had shimmer, because I normally hate shimmer on my nails (especially in pinks). But after looking at pictures of swatches of it online again, I decided to give it a shot anyways because I didn't notice any shimmer to it in photos (though it looks almost satiny in the photo above, which is odd because mine doesn't look like that under any lighting). And I'm sooo glad I decided to try it anyways because I really like it, now that it's on my nails. The shimmer really isn't noticeable on the nails, especially after applying a shiney top coat, and it's such a flattering colour on my skin tone (I'm super pale but prone to redness or blueness of the skin on my hands and feet due to a circulatory disorder, which can make it very hard to find colours that are flattering). It just gives my nails a pop of healthy pink colour (not nude-ish pink but not something that really stands out either) and gives my hands a clean, polished look. I have it on my toes right now as well, and it looks just as good. And the formula is actually very, very good for such a light pink! Most of the light pinks I've tried have had horrible formulas and have needed so many coats that they ended up looking thick and goopy by the time I was able to achieve any coverage. But this only needs 2 coats max, and you could probably get away with one if you've got good application or aren't completely picky about the odd unnoticeable sheer spot. I actually don't mind the wide brush with this formula either (I usually can't stand wide brushes). It works well for this polish. I've only had this on for 2 1/2 days so it's still a bit too soon to jump to conclusions about the wear but it's all still looking perfect so far with my favourite top coat, Sally Hansen Hard As Nails (actually a hardening treatment, but I find it works good as a top coat as well). If it ends up wearing a lot worse or better than expected, I will update my review, but so far it's been doing well and based on my experiences with Rapid Red in the same line, I'm guessing it will wear on the longer end of average. Though I didn't use my usual base coat, China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat, under it this time because I wasn't sure how many coats the polish would take (in my past experiences with pinks, they usually need at least 3-4 coats, so I didn't want to risk the extra bulk with a base coat) and I wasn't concerned with staining because it's a pale colour. So maybe I'll try it with the base coat under next time as well, to compare the difference in wear.
P.S. I really have no idea where the "Mauve" in the name of this colour comes from, because I see no mauve in it whatsoever. Mauves don't suit my skin colour (brings out the blue in my skin), but this isn't mauve at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great satiny finish to the colour, nice rosy pink. I love that it dries so fast so I won't have to wait too long, I always ruin newly painted nails.