November 28, 2014 | 1688 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Sultry Sable 646

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This is a very brown toned purple/plum shade. Brown is the predominate tone here, not purple. This is one of those lippies you have to be sure your lips are prepped and ready, because if they are not, you will have patchy, dark spotted application. I can see this color being a great fall shade for many women. While I can make it work on me ok, I find a more purple or red skewing shade would work better on me. I do love the creme formula though. I am NW20 with almost black hair, brown eyes, deep soft winter, rosey mauve, lips.

FYI - I got this on clearance at Ulta. I suspect they are just making room for some newer shades, but if you are a fan of this, keep an eye on it...hopefully it isn't being discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised by how much I enjoy this shade. I had (somewhere along the way) gotten the impression of this color being a hushed brick red. I purchased it with that in mind and so was horrified when I slapped some on top of my lipliner and ended up with a lackluster beige lip! I immediately had the sinking feeling of 'i am never gonna wear this omg'. However, I found that when I applied to my lips directly it ends up a smooth purpley brown which I like. I have always disliked nude and baby pink lips, (I always go for bold colors!) so this is exactly what I need for occasions where I want to wear a noticable lip color but need something subtle. This is not (on me at least) a 'bold' or 'dark' lip you can only wear in the fall, I would say it is moderate strength. The only thing I can say is that it is a dark lip without being a dark lip.b

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by jeane519

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Discovered this Revlon shade at Rite Aid for some reason it is not at CVS, but is also at Ulta. Love this for a more neutral berry color if that makes sense. The name is misleading, sable leads you to believe it is a brown color, but is more burgundy. Love this! Stocked up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by christina001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in love with vampy colours. I picked this one up despite an already impressive selections of berries, wines and plums. I am pleased to say it is indeed unique! One swipe makes it not overly dark, and if rubbed in with a finger it is even more daytime wearable. The colour on me is a brownish red in direct sunlight and a brownish plum in less direct light.

It can be built up to be really dark and sultry. The brown hint remains on me, and I personally like it because I have nothing quite like it so far.

If somone looks for a more plumish colour, Revlon Plumalicious was my favourite last winter season. It has a slight shimmer in the tube, but not on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This colour looks a little 90s on me because it turned out a bit purple against my skin tone, but I still like it because I don't have a colour quite like this. As always, the consistency of Revlon lipsticks are amazing! It is VERY moisturizing for a lipstick (but, I still wear Blistex underneath). I find that I tend to mix this colour with anything with a pinker tone like Revlon's Raspberry Pie Lip Butter. The mix creates a great burgundy, which makes this colour very versatile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up 4 dark ‘fall colors’ of Revlon lipsticks at a surplus store for .99 a piece (Sultry Sable, Black Cherry, Raisin Rage, Va Va Violet), and Sultry Sable is by far my favorite (surprising, since I thought I’d like it the least...) Sultry Sable is a deep, plummy-brown crème. Its heavier on the plum than the brown on me, so it doesn’t look ‘dated’. I gravitate towards berry & plum lipcolors, but I usually use sheer formulas, so this provides a little more coverage than what I’m used to. I like it, nonetheless, for a bit more of a ‘made-up’ look. There is no scent or taste, and the formula is creamy and comfortable. I apply a layer of lip balm, blot, and then 1 layer of ‘Sultry Sable’ and press my lips together. This gives me a perfect plummy-brown stain that looks great with all my fall colors. It can also be built up for a dark, vampy look. The lasting power is really good- the color lasts 3-4 hours on me. It fades evenly, so I’ll just top with a little balm or gloss if I need to refresh it a bit. The packaging is nice and classic, black with gold accents, with a clear topped-cap so you can easily view the shade. I’m really glad I picked this up, and just purchased a backup on Ebay, as this shade is discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sultry sable is a medium brown-plum lipstick. It stays on long enought. It's a mysterious color! Meaning vampy-sexy! I use a plum lip liner with this one and raisin in infallible lip gloss by l'oreal with this one! The raisin lip gloss brings a nice luminosity over it,it's grape and gold! Beautiful! So,that combo works for me! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color. I am NC50 MAC and this is a nice shade for me. However, I am a neutral lip kinda girl and I wear this only during the weekends or at nights. The consistency is very nice; no shimmer and I would say there is some shine when you put it on; its not completely matte. My lips are in pretty much always in good condition and when i put this on, its not drying or anything. I put it in after my lip balm has absorbed.
I would say the shade is kinda in between purple and maroon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I think I got caught up in selecting a fall color when I bought this. Maybe it was the stain on my lips that enhanced the color in the store. I did open it to try it on and bought it. I need to work with it... maybe find a lip liner that can jazz it up a bit. Right now it seems too brown on my lips and with my light skin tone. It is pretty vampy, but more of a 20's flapper vamp. It's like this lipstick has a brown base with a raisin mauve tone throughout it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite lipstick. I've have tried pretty much all of Revlon's dark lipsticks (Black Cherry, Va Va Violet, Wine Not, Raisin Rage, etc. etc.) and by far I like this one the best. I'd describe it as a brownish blood red with purple undertones. With my pale skin and dark hair, it looks vampy, which I love. On darker skin tones it would look more natural (obviously). It's versatile in the sense that I can wear it full strength for a bold night time look, or blot it for a more subdued look during the day. The staying power is only so-so.