July 22, 2014 | 2125 users online

Polishes - Orly - Cosmic FX - Lunar Eclipse

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by MadameWang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was going to skip this one from this collection because I have a lot of blues (I even have a dupe of this, though the formula is horrid) but I'm really glad I didn't. This polish is so smooth to apply. It's a little sheer, so it still takes me three coats to get total opacity but it's definitely worth every second. The duochrome in this doesn't seem as obvious as in other shades from this collection, but the rich, boldness of the blue and purple make it gorgeous. I couldn't stop looking at it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by superpony123

I like the cosmic fx collection a lot, this might be my favorite in it. The duochrome is not as obvious when you are not in sunlight but it is there. I love the fabulous foily deep blue color it has regardless, its stunning and mysterious. Formula is nice as usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a gift, which is why I put the price as a one.

I've never really been huge into polish, aside from when I was in my late teens. And then, I only used cheap drugstore brands such as NYC, Rimmel, I.E wal-mart polishes.
Prior to this polish, the "highest" product I ever went to was Sally...and I REALLY thought I had good nail polish at that point.

This polish has blown me away. It has such a smooth application, the brush is great and mess was minimal, and you can easily apply in thin layers, or go thick without hassle. Any mess was honestly my fault, due to lack of experience (it has been about five years since i've really done my nails.)
It dries at a fair pace. not so quickly that you can't correct and the polish dries on the brush, not so slowly that you're waiting a half hour for a hand to dry. It's a great in between and I prefer polishes that dry at medium, just in case I need to correct and not have gross bits of dry polish on a brush that really ruins the entire bottle.

The color is AMAZING. Since I did put on thinner layers, it took me three coats for it to match the swatch in the bottle. It was shiny without any top coat, beautiful sparkle that's still adult, shines with noticeable bits of the purple, and in any light/angle, you see the different colors and it truly does look cosmic.

Since you really have to put it on thick to get quicker color pay off, this may chip more easily. I used OPI top coat and I'm hoping that it'll last a few days without an issue.

Great buy and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by cideon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this series, and so far I've only tried this one and Halley's Comet XD The bottle seems to make the polish a mix of blue and purple, which is an accurate color indoors with lamp light. However, in daylight, there are more indigo tones that are just gorgeous! A few of the sparkles are purple outdoors, but funny enough, not like indoors. The teeny tiny glitter are radiant, catching light in almost any angle, leaving this polish very "bright" despite its otherwise dark shade. 2 coats seemed too little to me, so 3 probably seems the minimum,. But not too sheer, so does not HAVE to have an opaque base if you don't want one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a top coat on dark blue polish, since I need 4 coats to get opacity. But it's so gorgeous, a midnight blue with a super shimmery purple flash. I have to admit that I really only wanted Rocket Science & Space Cadet from this Orly FX collection, but I picked this one up because it was on clearance and was practically free. I'm so glad I did! I've had it for months and just tried it, and I can't stop looking at my nails. It would have been great if the opacity was higher though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by andr3asmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color is amazing. Has a "foil-like" finish. The shimmer is so pretty in this color. I think it looks great both indoors & outdoors.

It is very easy to apply and dries in about 20 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Even though this color is not my style at all, I had to buy it because it was so gorgeous. Deep indigo with a purple flash. I love the Cosmic FX polishes in general, the fine microshimmer is not so in your face that they feel childish like a lot of glitter polishes feel to me. I usually do 3 coats to get an opaque finish, 4 if I mess something up (which is common lol). If you can find it, buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one gorgeous polish. It's almost an exact dupe to Sally Hansen Laser from the new HD line, but the base in this one is just a little more indigo-toned while Laser's is more cobalt. Lunar Eclipse has a MUCH better formula than Laser- it's still a bit sheer, but it only needs 3-4 coats for perfection versus the 5-6 needed for Laser. Also, this dries much, MUCH faster too, about 15-20 mins versus HOURS for Laser.

Overall, sine they're the same price, I'd go for Lunar Eclipse over Laser any day. I think it's LE though(I got mine on clearance at Sally's) so get it while you can!