July 23, 2014 | 2005 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - moisture boost daily restoring complex spf 30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is very cosmetically elegant sunscreen if you have dry skin and prefer chemical. I would love to use mineral ss, but tend to dry my skin and give me bad breakouts. It feels like a very moisturizing cream and leaves no white and has no irritating scent. It passes for UVB under the BASF sunscreen simulator, but doesn't rate as well as the best European chemical SS or LPR SX Daily 15, which is very nice too. It gets a PPD 6. But it does have a lot of anti-oxidants which should boost it's effectiveness. On the down side it has Vit. A, which isn't good in sunlight I don't love that it has oxybenzone either. But at least it's stable and has UVA coverage. It does have a lovely texture that beats any sunscreen I have tried. It's so gentle and lovely to wear. It got me liking to wear sunscreen. I like some PC products, but I am not convinced she knows her stuff on sunscreen but at least she really pushes it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately, this sunscreen doesn't work for me. After several days of use, my seborrheic dermatitis flares up, which I believe is due to the chemical sunscreen. However, I also had the same reaction to the Moisture Boost moisturizer, too, though it took many more days to react, so I could have been reacting to another ingredient. Thus, others will likely be fine with this product; it's just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Tsats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This one is just not my favorite. It is not moisturizing enough. My skin looks extremely greasy when I apply it, and later it looks to dry and feels dehydrated, with huge pores. Also, it makes the flaky patches become extremely visible, whitish. I can only tolerate it with the most moisturizing toner and serum underneath, and in days of perfect skin. Interestingly the Resist Daily moisturizer SPF works better for me in the winter. I'll try to finnish mine next summer...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this product as a sample size with one of my Paula's choice order. I'll update my review when I buy the full size but for now here's my impression:

I love that it is SPF 30 and really hydrating, however it feels a little like a white mask because it is really white when you apply it and it's hard to blend. It's not sticky, even a little greasy but it goes on smoothly and after a while it sink in.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by SkinSense78

I have combination skin with rosace and the occasional breakout and have found this moisturizer with SPF 30 to be outstanding. The finish, on my skin, is relatively matte all day and feels light on the skin, while also being very moisturizing. It's a paradoxical product because it really does seem to do it all.

No irritation, no breakouts. This is a great one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am writing this for the moisturizer without sunscreen. I actually paid more for this moisturizer than I normally would just to see if a more expensive product would leave my skin in better condition than my less expensive Cerave PM. For one thing, this does contain some very beneficial antioxidants that are listed about midway down the ingredient list. That let's me know it has a decent amount of Vitamins C & E. I have somewhat oily but changeable perimenopausal skin in decent condition . Most people guess I'm in my early to mid 30's but I'm 42. Anyway, I love this silky texture and it absorbs well. It's hard to say but I do believe it is out-performing my Cerave. My skin seems softer and brighter and especially not irritated when I use thus over my Retin A. Zero to no scent as well. My verdict is that I will purchase again when it's on sale or they're having free shipping. Very nice moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by steelcitygal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for nearly 2 months on my acne prone combo skin. So far it has not caused any irritation or any breakouts. My skin is both very oily and very dry, depending on the weather, and I find this moisturizer/sunscreen perfect for the winter months. It does a great job of hydrating the dry patches without exasperating the oily parts too much. This does take a bit to sink into my skin, but once it does, it dries to a nice dewy finish. I will be repurchasing this as my winter sunscreen.

The only thing stopping me from rating this one a solid 5, is the price! It's not a great value when compared to drugstore brands (neutrogena was my old, go to brand) which offer more product for the price. However, Paula's sunscreens don't irritate my face in the same way those sometimes can. Also, I find this formula less "greasy" feeling than some of the drugstore brands. Ultimately, I decided it's worth the cost, but some people may find their drugstore brand more cost effective in the long run.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by KP1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Me: Combo skin with very oily T zone. NC42 skin tone.

This is a great moisturizer that has lots of beneficial ingredients and high SPF.
Pros:
+ Creamy texture goes on skin smoothly
+ Leaves no white cast (chemical sunscreen)
+ Satin sheen finish but not greasy
+ Lightweight yet still very moisturizing

Cons:
- Satin sheen finish will emphasize oiliness

Overall, I would repurchase this because I like it a lot. Even though it's specifically made for dry skin, I took a gamble and tried it out and it happens to work really well with my oily-combo skin. After a few a hours my skin gets really oily but this moisturizer doesn't make me as greasy as other dry-skin moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great moisturizer! It comes out of the tube so thick and sticky, yet dries down beautyfully to a semi-matte, truely silky and totally non-greasy or shiny finish!
Would have never expected that to happen, with my combination skin.
It takes some minutes to sink in, but then you're totally fine and good to go.
Also without any make-up over it, the finish is great. Seems to act like a primer; softens redness and imperfections. Spf 30 is also very good.
Only gripe is, when in winter I have some flakey skin, this seems to emphasize it a little (makes the flakes white).
Other than that, I think this is my favourite PC moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

I have been using this for 6 months - love it! The texture is amazing, it absorbs quickly and works very well under makeup. I only smell the sunscreen when I am spreading it - then the smell is gone. I am ordering more this week. I had always wanted an airy, creamy texture sunscreen and this one is a dream come true!