December 18, 2014 | 1568 users online

Tools - Emjoi - Prestige Epilator

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by MakeupSpazz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful epilator. I bought it years ago and barely used it, mostly because I got myself too worked up over the notion of multiple oscillating tweezers pulling out body hair. Although that may sound terrifying, when you actually get over the mental fear of it, it's not that bad. If you're short on cash to get your arms and legs waxed but still want the look of it, then give this a shot. I got it on sale for less than $30 from what I recall which wouldn't even cover half a waxing session. Plus it's in the convenience of my own home and on my schedule.

Some pointers:
Make sure your skin is clean and without lotion.
Hold the skin taut.
Lightly glide the epilator over your skin.

I've learned so much from makeupalley that I wanted to contribute too. I hope this helps.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first epilator... although I'm no stranger to having the hair ripped out of me (via wax, threading), I had never thought about an epilator (until a recent threading experience made me realize... why am i paying this woman to make me cry seriously a brazilian wax is nothing compared to getting some threading done on your face)... SO i did some research. I didn't need a full blown professional model.... I'm not particularly hairy... my legs are practically bald and mostly light brown/blonde.... So this unit has 21 tweezers which I figured was more than adequate (and i was right). I get psoriasis and eczema when I shave my legs, and horrible irritation under my arms... so waxing has been how I avoid patches on my legs and rashes under my arms. but it's not CHEAP when you add it all up. SO for $49 at Sallys, it's worth it (considering i'll never do that threading again) one visit for legs, pits and lip w/tip. The legs... easiest thing to epilate. I was thrilled... it was not even much of a pinch. I thought... this is a piece of CAKE. My underarms .... not so bad to epilate.... it's a little nerve wracking at first... you think it's going to kill ya.... it's not. There's a more noise w/the unit... the clacking of the tweezer thingies that is a little off putting at first & it makes you think... oh this is gonna hurt. It's truly not that bad. The face... stung more than anywhere else. BUT i suppose that's not so surprising since I just decided the blonde fuzz has to go & have never really done any waxing or anything (besides that gawd awful threading)... SO all in all. I recommend it, if you're not too squeamish and can handle a lil 'no pain no gain'. I used a lil after care to make sure i dont get any ingrowns (which i'm prone too).