September 2, 2014 | 948 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe Intense EDP

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Chloe (2008) but grew up with the original Chloe because my mom went through multiples bottles of it. I really didn't enjoy the original Chloe (too overwhelmingly floral) so I was a bit skeptical when the 2008 version came out. Surprisingly, I loved it! I am on my 2nd bottle of Chloe now.

I recently discovered there was a Chloe Intense released in 2009. I began a search for it but was unable to find it after looking in Sephora (both B&M store and online) & Nordstrom. I finally found it at a discount perfume store but they didn't have a tester & it sold for $120!

I was shopping at Marshalls last week & to my delight, came across boxes of Chloe Intense EdP! They didn't have any testers, but priced at $39, I couldn't pass it up. Plus, they have a great return policy.

The scent of the wrapping should have been a clear giveaway that this was going to be a spicy oriental-type scent. And yes, this ended up being horribly spicy on me, reminiscent of a cheap Avon "old lady" perfume. After a few hours of wear, I simply could not stand the scent anymore & ended up spritzing Chloe on top of it (to hold me over until I could shower thoroughly).

I am bringing this back to Marshalls for a refund! Lovers of Chloe, beware. Chloe Intense is an entirely different fragrance! The fresh innocence that I loved about Chloe is totally lost here. Blech. It was awful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I absolutely love the normal Chloe by Chloe with the white/beige ribbon, one of my most favorite scent.
I only received this last night, my partner knew I love Chloe and he just wanted to buy me another bottle, but he got the wrong one, he brought "Intense" without knowing the difference between the two.
Chloe was quiet strong, yet light and subtle with a scent I can only describe as an orchestra of abundant floral.
"Intense" is yet even stronger, definitely more spicy and warmer notes, I wouldn't call it musky though, for some reason I just don't get the musk, I don't know whether it's even there or not.
Spicy & Fresh Rose is exactly what I smell, the scent reminds me of "Potpourri"(That's the word I was looking for!). "Intense" comes across as old ladyish and is better worn in cooler months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful!

This is the only floral perfume I've ever loved.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by MissDior5011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite perfumes. I love it. I have used the original Chloe in the past. However, now I have used this I will not be re buying the original one as this one is so much nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by erin526

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My number 1 winter perfume! I was shopping for a present for my grandmother - she is a perfume buff and this was suggested by a sales assistant and I ended up buying it for myself! Very surprised since I don't really like the original.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only version of Chloe I can tolerate and even like. The additional spices seem to make it more warm and less rose scented. I am not a huge rose fan. The grey ribbon looks prettier in person than the special edition gold shimmer ribbon for 2010 Christmas time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lillie_munster

A ripe and really 'intense' version of the EdP (2008) version of Chloé. While the EdT (2009, too) is pure fabric softener, the EdP a naturalistic, fresh and musky-sweetish rose (no, it smells much better in reality than this description makes you expect), the EdP Intense (2009) is delicately strong, stubborn, mature and wintery.
Dry spices enhance a rose in full bloom (a dry one, not sweet, mind you) and a musky base makes it last forever. During drydown a whiff of complaisant sandalwood and hints of vanilla (i.e. Tonka here) come through. Still, the pink pepper is always piercing.
If you like Chloé and want some more mystery and oomph for winter/party season or just for seductive reasons, this is the one.
The juice is more yellowish here though using the same silver plated bottle but with a grey ribbon.
A limited "Collect'Or Edition" comes on time for X-mas with a golden ribbon (same juice).

Official notes are:
rose, pink pepper, tonka, sandalwood.
Also i smell: powder, honey.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No