Bdellium brushes

3.9

on 7/23/2015 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I purchased a bdellium eye brush set and I'm really impressed with the quality!
I see tons of girls buy high quality shadows then apply them with cheap brushes which doesnt make sense. tools are just as important!!
I bought the bdellium set to inexpensively expand my collection, not to replace my high quality brushes. these brushes will fit in nicely with your mac and sigma brushes, but it would be unfair to compare them to tom ford's brushes

the brushes are not scratchy. theyre soft, but not too soft. they still hold shape and layer product really well. they're the perfect size, shape, density, etc. (note: I haven't tried any brushes other than eye brushes. I've heard the face brushes are just mehhh, but I do not know personally) the FAQ section on their site explains the different lines
when comparing these to other brushes, the quality is middle of the road. they're far better than drugstore brushes, but there are still better brushes out there. I like some of these better than some mac brushes, but I also always reach for a few mac brushes like my 239 and 224 bc those are my favorites and I feel like nothing will ever compare.
I think the price is very good. they offer such a wide range of brushes at a competitive price. being an online only keeps their costs down bc they do not have to pay store fees & transportation fees, which results in low prices
overall, I would recommend these to people who want brushes that are better than elf but not as expensive as mac

on 2/15/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I only recently discovered Bdellium brushes and WOW, I am IMPRESSED!

This company makes some of the best brushes I have ever tried! Prices vary from low to kind of high depending on the type of brush and range/category/style (Studio, Bamboo, Maestro, Anti-Bacterial). My faves are the tapered powder brush, the slanted precision Kabuki, and the powder blending brushes - all which if I recall correct ran btw $18-$25 each which IMO is a pretty good price. I also am in love with the aesthetics of these brush lines - they are so pretty and come in a ton of colors. And these are so soft! They feel like a little bunny rabbit is rubbing against my face - no joke there. The overall quality is so good, I would easily pay more for these. I can't wait to collect more of them.

on 1/22/2015 5:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Man this is a waste of my money. 8 dollars for the 226 bamboo blending brush. The feeling of this brush on my eyelid is not far from using twigs. Seriously, this is so coarse, prickly, and painful! I don't know how this was actually manufactured. Some cheap dollar store paint brush would be softer than this.

on 12/20/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Bdellium Studio 785 Tapered Blending: NOPE

I had high hopes for this brush since I have only heard good things about this brand. However, I was greatly disappointed. This brush is downright scratchy. It seems well made but the bristles are just too rough. I tried it on my eye and it immediately became red and irritated. Then I tried to use it for highlighter on the high points of my cheeks and it was just too stiff. I don't know if my brush was defective or if they're all like this. Maybe I'm just too sensitive.

on 4/8/2014 7:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for the Bdellium Studio Line 24 piece set:
I have purchased several of the Bdellium eye brushes and for the most part was pleased, especially with the 776 (I have 3 of these) which is an exact dupe for the MAC 217. I decided to take the plunge and purchase this set as I've been wanting a complete brush set that I can travel with and felt that this might be the one.
At $154.00 + $33.80 CAD in import fees, the price was pretty steep but I have no problem paying when it comes to quality.
The eye brushes were the same quality as the ones I already owned but that's where the quality came to a screeching halt. ALL of the face brushes are of mediocre quality as they ALL shed horrendously and are all very scratchy and not at all soft. I could not believe the amount of shedding while I was at the sink washing these for the first time. I've since washed a few of them again as I thought maybe it was just because it was the first time they were being washed but I was wrong, they all shed when washed and when being used. I am very happy with the service I have since gotten from Iherb as they did refund an agreed upon amount. What bothered me is that Iherb attempted to get some answers directly from Bdellium to see if there was an issue in quality control with the set I received and as far as I know, they never responded. After Iherb suggested that I may have more luck in contacting Bdellium directly, I did receive a generic response where they stated that I likely received a defective set and offered me 15% discount on my next purchase which is fine but based on my experience, I would never, ever purchase anything else other than their 776 as the face brushes are garbage.

on 4/6/2014 3:15:00 PM

These brushes were horrible. I have a few face brushes from the Maestro line. I really liked the design and shape of the brushes and I was really excited to pick them up at IMATS (especially as a few of the beauty bloggers I subscribe to said they were great). This is the worst line of brushes I own (from Walmart up to Marc Jacobs brushes). I would never buy anything from Bdellium again.

PROS:
- Bdellium have a great range of brush shapes.
- Bdellium brushes are professional looking and are as attractive looking, before the bleeding, as any of the higher end brushes.

CONS:
- All of the brushes bled while they were being washed.
- The ferrel has come loose on the brushes I used the most.
- They all shed.

on 3/12/2014 8:33:00 PM

I bought a Bdellium tools Pink Bambu 957 Precision Kabuki and Green Bambu 722 Comb/Brow (which I gave to my mom) at IMATS. I only had the 722 for a few hours but the bristles were the softest brow brush I have ever had my hands on.

As for the 957, I was VERY disappointed.. I heard good things about the brand and decided to try it out. A week later, The bristles were not only shedding like crazy, but the bristles were also coming out of the ferrel so it looks uneven. I can't even use this brush anymore. I tried to wash it and see if it would get better but it didn't. I don't ever want to use this brand ever again.

on 2/13/2014 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in #776 -- while trying to find a cheaper dupe for Mac 217. It has served me well and I like the size and how it blends. However, now that I've purchase the 217 -- this brush isn't as soft and can be a tiny bit scratchy. But it is still a wonderful brush and I would buy others from this brand because I like so much.

on 2/13/2014 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the 925 Fan brush to use with my Nars Blush. The blush is super pigmented and I needed precise application. This brush has done great! It doesn't pick up too much product (which could be a problem if you are using less pigmented blushes). I can easily build to the color I want. It came with a plastic brush guard that I keep on my brush since fan brushes are so easy to get misshapen. I like that!

on 1/3/2014 5:02:00 AM

Beautiful, soft brushes. Great value, and are antibacterial. These are my definitely go to brushes and I use them all the time. Favourites!

Popular Makeup Brushes