December 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bdellium brushes

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by drsweety1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bdellium Studio 785 Tapered Blending: NOPE

I had high hopes for this brush since I have only heard good things about this brand. However, I was greatly disappointed. This brush is downright scratchy. It seems well made but the bristles are just too rough. I tried it on my eye and it immediately became red and irritated. Then I tried to use it for highlighter on the high points of my cheeks and it was just too stiff. I don't know if my brush was defective or if they're all like this. Maybe I'm just too sensitive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This review is for the Bdellium Studio Line 24 piece set:
I have purchased several of the Bdellium eye brushes and for the most part was pleased, especially with the 776 (I have 3 of these) which is an exact dupe for the MAC 217. I decided to take the plunge and purchase this set as I've been wanting a complete brush set that I can travel with and felt that this might be the one.
At $154.00 + $33.80 CAD in import fees, the price was pretty steep but I have no problem paying when it comes to quality.
The eye brushes were the same quality as the ones I already owned but that's where the quality came to a screeching halt. ALL of the face brushes are of mediocre quality as they ALL shed horrendously and are all very scratchy and not at all soft. I could not believe the amount of shedding while I was at the sink washing these for the first time. I've since washed a few of them again as I thought maybe it was just because it was the first time they were being washed but I was wrong, they all shed when washed and when being used. I am very happy with the service I have since gotten from Iherb as they did refund an agreed upon amount. What bothered me is that Iherb attempted to get some answers directly from Bdellium to see if there was an issue in quality control with the set I received and as far as I know, they never responded. After Iherb suggested that I may have more luck in contacting Bdellium directly, I did receive a generic response where they stated that I likely received a defective set and offered me 15% discount on my next purchase which is fine but based on my experience, I would never, ever purchase anything else other than their 776 as the face brushes are garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

These brushes were horrible. I have a few face brushes from the Maestro line. I really liked the design and shape of the brushes and I was really excited to pick them up at IMATS (especially as a few of the beauty bloggers I subscribe to said they were great). This is the worst line of brushes I own (from Walmart up to Marc Jacobs brushes). All of the brushes bled while they were being washed. The ferrel has come loose on the brushes I used the most. They all shed. I would never buy anything from Bdellium again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Uhnnie

I bought a Bdellium tools Pink Bambu 957 Precision Kabuki and Green Bambu 722 Comb/Brow (which I gave to my mom) at IMATS. I only had the 722 for a few hours but the bristles were the softest brow brush I have ever had my hands on.

As for the 957, I was VERY disappointed.. I heard good things about the brand and decided to try it out. A week later, The bristles were not only shedding like crazy, but the bristles were also coming out of the ferrel so it looks uneven. I can't even use this brush anymore. I tried to wash it and see if it would get better but it didn't. I don't ever want to use this brand ever again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in #776 -- while trying to find a cheaper dupe for Mac 217. It has served me well and I like the size and how it blends. However, now that I've purchase the 217 -- this brush isn't as soft and can be a tiny bit scratchy. But it is still a wonderful brush and I would buy others from this brand because I like so much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the 925 Fan brush to use with my Nars Blush. The blush is super pigmented and I needed precise application. This brush has done great! It doesn't pick up too much product (which could be a problem if you are using less pigmented blushes). I can easily build to the color I want. It came with a plastic brush guard that I keep on my brush since fan brushes are so easy to get misshapen. I like that!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by sarajean23

Beautiful, soft brushes. Great value, and are antibacterial. These are my definitely go to brushes and I use them all the time. Favourites!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by LivTylerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can honestly say I love these brushes. I own the yellow flat top kabuki brush, 957 and it gives my liquid foundation an airbrushed finish. I've owned more expensive brushes but this brush is my new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by CandyGoodman

Usually, before I purchase expensive makeup, I make sure I have read like a million reviews on it, and the majority say it's good. However, the one or two negative reviews can make you suddenly feel very sceptical that the product is worth buying. However, I decided that for the price of these brushes, I might as well just buy a few and try them out myself.

I was expecting from the price that they would be quite scratchy, and malt everywhere...
I ordered the green 980 powder brush and 947 foundation brush.

I opened the box, pulled out the brushes and already I was inlove with the colour and shape of the brushes. The 947 was a bit smaller than the powder brush - which is quite big! I opened the packet and prepared myself for the moment of truth...

THE BRUSHES ARE SOOOOOOOOO SOFT WOWOWOWOW. I will definitely be buying more of these, and they are so reasonable. I think I paid £23.45 for the two. But I want to get a set, because they are only like £7 more and they have about 5 brushes in them. The foundation brush is actually perfect, I have nothing bad to say about it... And the powder brush is just so soft I can't stop touching it! One thing I will say about it is that it is a big more flimsy than the sigma ones but that's because it's so soft. I definitely recommend this brand, and I am not usually one for low key brands which is what this one is - I'd never heard of them until I came across them whilst searching for Sigma brushes, which by the way are totally comparable! So yeah, don't listen to all the negative reviews, just take my word for it and BUY THESE BRUSHES!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have seen few reviews on Youtube and decided to try out the contour brush #945 and precision kabuki brush #957 from iherb.com.
These brushes are surprisingly well-made and performs really well. #957 is very similar to Sigma F80 and have super soft, dense bristles and can be used for flawless foundation application. But since I've been solely using my BB for foundations, I haven't been using this brush as much but still happy with the purchase.
I absolutely love the #945 contour brush! It's the perfect size for contour, blush and highlight application. I'm so impressed with their quality, I'll definitely be purchasing more of their brushes.