Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Honey Spice

on 9/11/2014 2:20:00 AM

This is my go-to eye shadow for every day wear. I have like three back up ones so I never run out. I have really blue eyes and lighter skin with blonde/brown hair. It looks excellent with my complexion. It's a really beautiful shimmery sandy color, and I think it's a fabulous every day shadow. If I just need a little something for the day I do this. Or if its a work day I will sometimes only do this. I think it does a great job at enhancing and giving just a little extra. Love love love love this and will never every stop using it. It is a little spendy, especially for how much you get, but that's kind of a trademark MK thing to do. I love this color so much though that I will keep coming back to it. I use a primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion) underneath, so that helps it go on better. But generally I think that this is pigmented very well and a high quality product so even without a primer I'm sure it would still look great. And I usually top my makeup routine off with a finishing spray (also MK) so my makeup stays and looks fresh and fabulous all day.

on 2/24/2012 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I actually like this color - as a higlighter. Not shimmery on me - and not chalky. A light gold (pale). I hate that MK makes you buy the cheap-ass compact. I am getting mine on ebay.

on 1/25/2011 8:49:00 PM

If you're a little younger and you just want a fresh, natural color, this is the way to go! I love this eyeshadow!

on 11/23/2010 8:59:00 PM

An ok, pale, goldish-creme color. Nothing too exciting, slightly chalky for the price. Some shimmers seem to make your lids look dry - this is one of them for me. Oh yeah, and it is one of those deals where you have to buy the palette separate. That always ticks me off.

I'll keep it, maybe to use as a highlighter or for the inner corners, but I will probably not purchase again, nor am I inspired by it to run out and buy up the rest of the Mary Kay shadow selection.