September 30, 2014 | 1232 users online

Blush - Cover Girl - Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush in Sophisticated Sable

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by natashaveronica28

I really like this peachy color on me, it's look very natural. it also comes with a highlighter color, which I wish I used more and a darker 'contouring' color. I found the darker color would be better used as a darker blush. It great value for $7 CND and the product last a long time on your face and also takes a long time to hit pan. I will be repurchasing this! The packaging is simple, but it nice and small and not too flimsy. It does have some shimmer than gives a nice sheen, but it does not look bad on my oily skin. blends nicely and is not overly pigmented, which I like

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i really like the shades. I am fair, cool toned with blue eyes. The shades are not too muddy or peach. Just a touch rose. The main blush color is great. I also like the darker contouring shade. I have not used the lightest, hightlight, shade yet. I am sure it is fine but prefer my Nars COPACABANA multiple. I normaly use cream blushes but have been going back and forth since I found a great moisturizer. This is a very easy to use blush palette that is as flattering as any high end blush I've used. The cover blushes I find last most of the day but do fade. The only way I have found blush to last is to layer a cream and a powder. So this works fine as the powder if you want to start with a cream base. A nice cream base is maybelline bouncy blush in coffee cake. Just use a light hand as I find it can be a bit dark for fair skin, great combo for medium skin I believe as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Smaller pans of highlighter and darker blush with a medium of just-right blush all in one compact, smart. I like the regular blush color, which is a natural-looking peachy flush with just a hint of highlight but not actual glitter. The darker blush is a little rosier and good for a bit of contour on the hollows of cheeks and the highlighter is a frosty pink that doesn't evoke the 80's somehow and looks quite nice. I use the darker and regular blush daily and the highlighter for fancier makeup occasions.

I hadn't used a CG powder in a few years and I forgot how much I love their fresh scent, as I do with this blush. However, happily, the fragrance doesn't bother my sensitive skin. This has not irritated my skin at all or caused any breakouts. The pigmentation is good and the blush lasts well throughout the workday, with a little bit of fading but it goes away in a natural-looking way, not splotchy or anything.

I use my elf contour brush for this because the included blusher is crap, as they usually are. For about $6, this little gem is worth picking up!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Great check trio. Natural, glowy. I will take this when I travel because its a lot of function for a small package. The highlight is a really pretty shimmer. The price is great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by jeanniewalker

I really love this product. It has been around for along time. I have used this product for 20 yrs. I have tried others but always come back. The colors are just perfect for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great blush combination for every day use. It has a natural, but noticeable, color on my very fair skin. I also love that Covergirl separates the colors into three sections to show you where to apply (for makeup novices like me). There's not very much shimmer in the product, so it's not something you'll put on for a night out. I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for a cheap, go-to, natural look on your cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush is an oldie but goodie friend of mine ;) This was the first drugstore blush I ever purchased, and also the first blush I ever completely used up then repurchased (several times). When I first began wearing makeup in High School, my mother took me to our local mall/dept.store to pick out things I needed/wanted. She was a bit of a Clinique, EsteeLauder, & Lancome makeup snob, so those were the only products I'd ever tried. When I was in my 2nd or 3rd year of high school and had my first job I started experimenting with makeup of all price ranges, including Cover Girl. One of my girlfriends had this blush in her purse, I thought the color looked pretty, so I purchased one of my own and fell in love :) I feel like this blush has so many different ways it can be worn, that you can reach for it daily and not always look *exactly* the same.
The middle (actual "blush" shade) is a muted rosey pink (sort of mauve-y) with a slight hint of shimmer. The shimmer is definitely more noticeable in the pans than it is once applied on my face. It's an absolutely beautiful shade of blush, and out of the 20+ blushes from many different brands that I own, this one is unique in color and I don't really have many shades like it.
To the left of the blush shade is a contour/darker shade. I can best describe it as a dark pink shade with plum undertones, and it also has some glitter/shimmer that appears in the pan, but is not as noticeable once applied. It's one of those contour shades that we can actually use with the blush. There are times I purchase duos/trios like this and the contour and highlight shades are pretty, but don't match the blush color well on my skin. (which can be totally frustrating lol) If you're someone who wants a totally, 100% matte contour though, the 'contour' shade in this trio is probably not for you :(
Lastly the lightest/highlight color, to the right of the blush, is a frosty light baby pink. Not my favorite highlighting color in the world.. (Granted I am rather picky with highlighting since I have very fair skin that is oily with large/visible pores & my large pores can make highlighting difficult at times..) I prefer this shade on the inner corners of my eyes and browbone, but have used it several times in a pinch on my face (upper cheekbones, cupids bow, around my eye brows) -and it does the job.
For reference I have 30yr old, pale (neutral leaning warm skin N/NC10-13ish in MAC SFF) I'm also acne/clog-prone and combination/oily. This blush (and other CG Cheekers blushes I own) last all day on me and have never given me an issue with breakouts.
Overall this trio is not insanely pigmented, but it's not something you have to bathe your brush in either - I'd call it like a medium pigmentation. I don't have to be super careful with it is what I like best about this blush. Having pale skin, those mega pigmented ones take a lot of time and blending to apply. This is quick and easy (which works well for me being a mother of two ;D).
I imagine Sophisticated Sable will look flattering on other skin tones as well because as I said above, I began using this in high school when my skin was *much* darker. (due to tanning. -shame on me, I know, I know.. but since then I've quit sunbathing and bathe in sunscreen instead :D) So I'd really recommend this to anyone. I think we all need natural looking blushes for times that we need natural makeup looks, and this is my favorite for that.
There are a couple of cons too..(as with most anything) -The packaging..Not the greatest. This comes in a square/rectangle silver compact with a clear lid. It looks very flimsy (although I carry this in my purse often and I've never had a CG blush break on me so it's really not flimsy, just flimsy looking)
The enclosed brush is useless and kind of pathetic.. For me, it's not even worth keeping in the compact for touch ups as it doesn't apply evenly on my skin - It's also scratchy.. Just a bad brush IMO (but for $5-6 I didn't expect it to be great :D)
Also the blush pans are shaped kind of awkwardly, making it hard to use a large blush brush and really get in there to each shade.
But these are very minor complaints (in my opinion) for such a lovely product. I've already repurchased countless times in the past and will likely continue :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by CorrineSays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also use this product as a blush & eye shadow. I use the middle for blush, the lightest & frostiest for highlight & the darkest for my lid & crease. I have a rose gold lip gloss from WnW that looks perfect with it. The only thing that would make this trio better for my skin tone is if the middle "blush" color was Natural Glow by CG, but other than that it's perfect. A+

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by snailmail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this blush, but you cannot purchase it anymore in Australia unless you find it by accident on Ebay or a discount website. This is the most natural looking blush I have ever used. The closest match I can find to it now is still in the Covergirl range, but they use the numbering system now and I think it is number 2. You only need a light touch with this and the lightest colour makes a perfect eyeshadow base across the entire eyelid because it is a shimmery peachy colour. I hate how CG discontinue their best products. Very frustrating!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW. This is the best cosmetic purchase I have made in years. What a find! This is an entire face in one package, for a ridiculously low price.

First...formulation: I am ridiculously fair, and I have to be so careful with blush or I end up looking like a clown. This product gives sheer, beautiful color that is not sparkly, but rather, luminescent. There is shimmer, but it is a very fine shimmer that imparts a lovely glow. It's pigmented enough that I don't have to load it on, but sheer enough that it really is pretty mistake proof. I don't think you can overdo this, although enough layers would probably give one more shimmer than is advisable.

Second...versatility; Today, I used no other color products on my face except this palette. I achieved a pretty and polished but understated look that was perfect "no make up" make up. I used the middle color on my cheeks, chin, temple, jawline and in my crease, the palest color on my lids from lash to brow, down the center of my nose, in the cupid's bow, and atop my cheekbones, (go easy there, just a teeny bit is all you need) and the darkest color as a contour and on the outer V of my eyelids. A bit of bronzy eyeliner and some mascara, and voila!

I would imagine you could do the same thing with the other color combinations, but I think this color would flatter just about any skin tone. However, I would say it's possible that it wouldn't give someone with darker skin enough pigmentation.

Third..price; Um...$6? Really? When other companies are charging $30 or more? It's a no brainer. WHY would you spend that kind of money when you can get something this good for such a low price?

My SOLE complaint is that the surface area of the middle color is so small that it's difficult to get enough product on my full size blush brush. Because honestly...who uses those crappy little things that are included? But I manage. It's not a huge issue for me.

I think this is a gem of a product. I have tried low end and high end and this is one of the best, without a doubt. I know these products are out there in drugstore land, it's just a matter of finding them. And when I do, I feel vindicated for not being a slave to trends and spending ridiculous amounts of money on certain brands (coughMACcough).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No