September 17, 2014 | 1905 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Laura Mercier - Flawless Skin Eye Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As the cosmetic sales person swiped this stuff on my eye, she said, "This my favorite eye cream of all time." Luckily I said, "great...give me a sample."
This stuff feels like it is mostly dimethicone and wax. I did have a look at the ingredients and there are some quality ingredients in the formula but I suppose just not enough.
When applied, It would not sink in. A fine film sits on the skin. One might also have some moisturizing benefits purely for the fact that it will seal in any existing moisture already present in the skin. But, doubtful that it is actually adding any.
This is excellent if you are hoping to use this as a wrinkle filler. However, when layered with concelaer...it turns to a bloody mess. It all becomes goopy, making it impossible to blend. And yes, I was using Laura's concealer. One would think she would at least formulate it to work with her own product!
So now I know never to trust that particular sales person ever again and to stick with Laura's cosmetic line.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Glogluxx

Love Laura Mercier products, but this eye cream was a waste of big bucks.
I bought it to try a new eye product since I have been using Shisheido benefiance for several years now.
At first, i liked the texture.. it had the heavyness and stickyness i liked. But after a few weeks of purchasing it, the cream started to dry.
At the end, I ended up with a wax like paste that was hard to apply, not to mention the volume of the cream had decreased substantially!
There are other customers that experienced the same issue with the product. Check other sites.
I have contacted LM customer service dept. so that I could send the product for ispection and they ignored me.
Not recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by esavage83

Pros:
Very Hydrating
Feels Amazing
Lightweight
Concentrated
Depuffs
Not Sticky
Not Greasy

Cons:
Price- there are creams like this one that are way cheaper.

I would love definitely repurchase this product if it was not so expensive. I prefer Keihl's Creamy Eye treatment with avacado for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an instant wrinkle eraser! Works particularly well for the area below the tearduct. As someone who used up a whole jar of La Mer eye cream and got millia seeds that took a long time to dissolve, I am weary of supposedly rich eye creams. This one is somewhat dense to the touch, but actually feels light when applied. LM has since introduced other eye creams, but I remain absolutely dependent on this. Just terrific!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by mimimachine

I used this under my concealer and I found my concealer got cakey and would not stay put even with setting powder. I also noticed that this made my dark circles get TOO white. I had that racoon eyed thing but the opposite of dark--my whole eye area was brighter than the rest of my face. I can't wear it alone without concealer since my dark circles really require concealer and after using it for a while, I didn't notice any positive effects on my eye area. It didn't decrease puffiness, it felt greasy, and no change at all in my dark circles. Too costly for an ineffective product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If what you want is to moisturise the eye area, than this product is wonderful. I have not been using it long enough to comment on other benefits, but I was specifically looking for a hydrating eye cream and, out of the tons of samples that I gathered during my search, nothing compared to this one. The price initially put me off, but after being disappointed with all the other products I tried, I eventually bought a full size jar of this. At the moment I really think that it is worth every penny!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product faithfully for about 2 weeks, at least once a day and sometimes twice a day.

One thing I know for sure: It is very hydrating. In addition to using it in my eye area, I've used it on some dry patches on my cheeks and some dry/cracking areas at the corners of my mouth. (My skin was unusually dry and all my usual face moisturizers were not up to that challenge.) The Laura Mercier eye cream restored those areas (as well as my eye area) to soft hydrated skin in two days.

I haven't noticed any significant changes as far as wrinkles, dark circles, or puffiness. To be fair, I have noticed a smoothing effect, but I also use a retinol wrinkle cream (RoC) which tends to smooth away eye wrinkles, so it would be difficult to tell if the Mercier product had any effect on wrinkles.

But other than the obvious hydrating effect, I haven't noticed anything special about this product, at least not yet. I will continue to use up the generous sample I received, and will update my review if I notice any further improvements.

For now, I would say I'd prefer try out something new for my next eye-cream purchase, rather than repurchase this particular product.