April 24, 2014 | 1930 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MISSHA - M BB boomer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Iameridesu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is really amazing i used it as my primer before i put any foundation powder or bb cream on my face and it works well! An instant glow! I have a dry skin and it works great on my skin! Promise☺️

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by msyu

I use bb cream every single day I am out of the house. I used to use this everyday with the missha perfect cover bb cream (red tube). I switched brands because I get bored and with so many bb creams out there, I have to try as many as I can. I like that it actually works. It creates a sheen that enchances the finished bb cream look, after you apply the final bb cream. The cream is a very natural shimmer/sheen, I noticed that when I use this, it makes my face brighter than if I were to use only bb cream alone. I feel I don't need to look that radiant everyday, so I don't use it everyday anymore. I still keep it around though, in case I feel like looking a little more radiant.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mings1911

First off, I have to correct the misconception that many reviewers have had that this is a primer. It is not. There is no direct translation for what this is but its basically a highlighter/base to make your bb cream look more dewy/glowy. If there's a Western product with the same function as this, I'd say its the MAC strobe cream. Although on the box it promises to make bb cream adhere longer, that's certainly not its primary function. So girls, don't purchase this expecting it to function like a primer! You will be disappointed!

That being said, I use this as they recommended under my bb cream (I'm using Missha Perfect Cover, check out my review!) and it does give a good dewy glow. I felt that the Missha Perfect Cover doesn't give enough of the glow that I expect bb creams to give but this boomer corrects that wonderfully. It makes you look wonderfully refreshed, like you just woke up from a sleeping beauty-esque sleep :D

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

It worked perfectly well with the Missha watery BB cream, it made the watery BB stay on my face for the whole day... without shine... but dried out my face with the perfect cover, and somehow turned my face into a shiny mess with the BB balm pact... hey, everyone has to find their perfect combination of products before they find the ones that work, right?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a bit steep pricing for a primer but if you use BB cream this stuff is awesome. My bb cream just glides on my face nicely and it just works well. You only need a little for a little goes a long way with this product. I don't know if I would repurchase it because I prefer a better primer that is more suitable to my oily face, this stuff doesn't really mattify.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG I love this Primer !! i bought this out of a whim to try it out. I have tried it with my NYC Skin Matching Foundation,Maybelline Fit Foundation, and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation. Let me just say that it set perfectly to give a flawless and perfect dewy look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE MISSHA M BB Boomer! O.K., I have qualifications. I love it when I use it under Korean BB creams, which is how it is meant to be used and how I get the best results. I LIKE it under Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-hour primer but find I actually get better results with Tarte if I use Make up Forever HD Primer in Neutral but that is another review which I will be getting to shortly.

So, I saw all the hype about Korean BB creams and wanted to try them. I used to live in California so it was easier for me to both find friends (Filipina mostly) for recommendations on products (for my very fair skin, NC 10 or so, and dry) and authentic dealers. I also used online advice forums.

I was advised to try MISSHA M BB Boomer as a primer and MISSHA Perfect Cover in #13 (another review later) and Skin79 Super Plus Triple Functions BB (Orange) with SPF 50 +.

First MISSHA M BB Boomer alone. I tried using this item alone after freshly washing my face with a mild facial cleanser and patting dry. The result was not bad. It filled in my pores (WOW) which are not REALLY big but only somewhat noticeable on my cheeks near the nose. It actually blurred imperfections and evened out a little bit of my freckles. And it took very little product to do so. And the shine was sort of opalescent, even in artificial light, not overwhelming.

But I was tugging on my face to apply (remember dry skin). However; it is recommended that, if you have dry skin, one uses a moisturizer under it.

So, I next washed my face, patted dry and applied my usual L'Oreal Golden Balm (just a little) to my damp face then applied this product over it. No more tugging and the product looked even more fabulous leaving my skin looking absolutely flawless after application in a sort of natural, no makeup way. No fine lines or wrinkles, pores filled in, nose actually rather mattifed and I could just apply a neutral lip colour and light brushing of blush and mascara and I was good to go for a natural look as long as I was not going outside.

Of course, this does not give complete perfection or sun protection. For that you need to add a BB cream over it. I tried Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer in fair. It was a little difficult to apply as it seemed to "spackle" over this primer, unlike MUFE HD (which the Tarte just glides over like silk). However, it did go on smoothly if you dotted small amounts on over different areas of your face, neck and upper chest (yes I do all that) and then pat to perfection with no real rubbing. Even with a magnifying mirror this comes out, in one application only to absolutely flawless perfection, hiding all freckles and minor imperfections, discolourations (including under eye circles) and skin appears poreless. I then apply a light brush of blush and whatever lip colour and eye makeup that I want and I am ready to go.

I now have SPF, fairly matte coverage that is flawless and lasts for a good 12 hours without even a touch up (incredible) and I do not see any fine lines or wrinkles.

Back to my comment about LOVING this when used as it was meant to be used, as a primer for Korean BB creams. I used it with the Skin79 Triple Functions Plus (Orange) SPF 50 + (well, it just arrived before the MISSHA Perfect) and the results just blew me away! Wash, pat on small amount L'Oreal Golden Balm on damp skin then MISSHA M BB Boomer. Give about a minute to sink in while you put on eye primer and find something else to do.

Now, using just a pump of the Skin79, I dot it on each cheek and on my forehead. It blends seamlessly with no tugging over this primer and gives outstanding results. Absolutely flawles, poreless, airbrushed type results. Without the MISSHA under the Skin79, it is o.k. With the MISSHA as a primer, THAT is where absolutely poreless, smooth as a baby's butt skin comes in. Lasting power is 12 hours + even without a touch up unless I am doing something really active and sweating or have been out in the rain (did both). Even then I just have to pat on a little spot treatment of the Skin79.

Overall, for anyone using authentic Korean BB creams (which are top of the line for skin perfection) this is the perfect primer and I highly recommend it for same.

Please note ingredients. ** Has Talc**

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Arbutin, Sodium Chloride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Adenosine, Talc, Aluminium Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Coral Powder, Diamond Powder, Mannan, Squalane, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Platinum Powder, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Amethyst Powder, Pearl Powder, Tourmaline, Alcohol Denat, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geraniol, Linalool, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by KrystoLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so surprised at how many people dislike this product. I really, really am in love with this product! I was recently in LA and went to visit their Japan-Town (I hope that's the correct term for it) and fell in love with all of their Japanese skincare/makeup stores! In one of their stores I found this Missha BB Boomer and figured I'd pick it up to try it out. I've tried a BB cream from Missha before and it was one of the better ones that I've tried. I LOVE it! It really is a great primer before applying bb creams and it makes the bb cream last forever! FYI, I do have dry skin and still moisturize before I apply this. It is pretty pricey but well worth it in my opinion. There is a pinky pearl tint to it (not glittery) but I feel as if it gives me a healthy glow. If you're on the fence about buying this product and you have skin on the drier side, I say go for it and buy it! I'm sorry but I'm not too sure how it would be for oilier skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by soupz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got a full sized one as a gift with my Missha BB cream purchase. Terrible as a primer, made my face feel sticky and unbreathable with the BB cream on top, also felt like it made the BB cream slide around a lot. However, I found this as a really good base for eyeshadow as it made a lot of my not-very-pigmented eyeshadows show up. However, the nannery floral smell is a little strong and makes my eyes water for a long time after application. Just read a few reviews that suggest this is a good highlighter? I can see how this can be true but yet to test it out! Its a super pretty peachy pearl moisturiser type thing, sometimes I even use it on bare skin and leave it at that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did not purchase this product, but rather received it as a gift with purchase of other Missha products.

First of all, I must say that this is a strange product. I can only assume that perhaps something must be lost in translation from Korean or perhaps they have different terms for products because this is a TERRIBLE primer. One of the worst I have had the misery to experience. It made my pores look HUGE (like orange peel), prevented my BB cream from adhering and turned my face into a shimmery disco ball when I used it all over like you would a primer. I will NEVER use it as a primer again.

That said.... this product is a great highlighter. It works similar but better than products such as Benefit High Beams when applied to the brow bone or under the eyes for a little pick me up. It is more moist and easier to apply than comparable products and the overall look is very natural and fresh (rested as opposed to screaming fake).

I will continue to use it as a highlighter if I happen to have it, but will not purchase because of concerns I have with the ingredients. I can't condone the use of coral in cosmetic products as many varieties are becoming endangered and the use of highlighter really isn't enough of a necessity to risk contributing to their destruction.