September 22, 2014 | 1859 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - La Mer - tinted moisturizer in light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by tyleka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best TM I've ever tried. Sadly, it appears to have been discontinued. Hopefully, CDLM plans to repackage and market it again. I've tried so many others, and none compare. I will be sad when my tube runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

I love most things about this foundation except the color - 02, the lightest shade available, is much too dark for my skin and gives it a bit of an orange cast if I don't use it very sparingly. I keep going back to it despite that issue because it looks beautiful, gives skin a dewy glow, moisturizes without making skin oily, and causes zero skin problems. I've fallen asleep in this makeup and wake up with beautiful skin. I especially like how it makes the pores on my nose disappear.

I've cheated on La Mer with Laura Mercier (looks chalky on close inspection) and am still hunting for something that performs as well as La Mer in a broader color selection. I use Maybelline BB cream as an everyday, less expensive alternative, and love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ckgurl714

I swapped for this TM thinking I wasn't going to love it, but it was worth a try. I've tried a ton of foundations and nothing really provides the coverage I need while looking natural. The other TM's I've tried (LM, CG) are just "ok"; They usually look a little orange-y and slightly greasy. When I first dotted this on my face, I thought it would be the same as the others. Regardless, I smoothed it on with my fingers and just walked away from the mirror for 5 minutes to give it a chance to sink in. When I came back, my pores and redness weren't gone, but there was a slightly more even tone with a really natural radiance/glow that I've never gotten from a foundation/TM. It really looked fantastic even though it's not full coverage or anywhere near it. I lightly dabbed some concealer on my spots that needed it and my face looked flawless, but natural. I examined my face in natural light, flourescent light, etc and it all looked fantastic. This is something you could wear to the beach without feeling like you've over done it or ...anytime really. The only thing I don't like about this is the fact that I'm probably going to repurchase forever and I would never think a $70 TM would be even close to being worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by katyaberk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It is perfect product for holiday simple look. Do not expect thick coverage from this tinted moisturiser, it is very nude and leaves your pores and dark spots visible, but from other side it hides redness( around nose, chicks) and dark circles. It is not mattifying, but does not clog pores either.
I would not call it a makeup product , because it is rather a skincare item, what gives your complexion that very natural glow( SPF effect) and even nude skin. It comes in tube which is very hygienic and simple packaging. It is definitely worth of trying but my advise is to get a sample first, because you mint not like coverage xx

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by jpcls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Went on a sample search for a tinted moisturizer and after several brands this was the winner. Purchased it and love the light coverage without the flat powdery finish. My new favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Amahler

This product is really quite extraordinary. It is expensive, yes, but it literally melts into your skin, leaving you with a flawless complexion. No one will be able to tell you're wearing make up!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Dowagr

I love La Mer tinted moisturiser, it really makes my skin look so dewy! My skin tone is NC30 and I was initially worried it would be too light for me but it blended perfectly into my skin, covering some mild discoloration from blemishes. Some people may not like the smell, but I personally find it rather pleasant. It can gets a little too oily on my skin in the afternoon after about 4-5 hours of wear, to counter that I usually pat on a little setting powder (either MAC or Guerlain).
All in all i would still buy this product again.
PRO:
nice smell
nice texture (it's just nice, not too watery or gloppy)
doesn't irritate my skin
average but natural coverage

CON:
bad packaging (it leaks sometimes if i leave it on the table cap off)
somewhat pricey but it's la mer, oh well
low SPF protection. would like it more if it's at least 30

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by halve_moon

This is simply the best TM I've ever used in my whole life. It does not give you much coverage at all but somehow it evens out my skin tone, making it dewy and looks healthy. I didn't feel like I'm wearing anything with this TM. More importantly, it keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day while giving me enough SPF protection. I don't think I'll ever buy any other TM other than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an absolute gorgeous product. I was very excited to find out that NARS was going to release their tinted moisturizer this summer, but the SA at the NARS counter told me that its release was postponed because they are reformulating it. Disappointed, I began looking for other alternatives to the much anticipated NARS tint moisturizer, and I finally stumbled upon the la mer counter. At first I was put off by how sheer the TM looked on my hand. I asked for a sample of it just to try it out ( it wouldn't hurt just to try it out right? ). Let me tell you.. This product made my skin look dewy and healthy. I purposely smoothed the product over some of my old acne scars, and it did a fairly decent job covering them up! I still just a bit of concealer when using this TM, but that's kind of a given considering this is not a foundation. This does not break my skin out even though EVERYTHING pretty much breaks me out. I have not experienced any irritations or clogged pores. IMO, this would be great to use on an everyday basis, especially since it has an SPF of 18, however, if you are going out at night or if you're going to take photos, stick with a foundation... Pores are still visible in pictures, but not accentuated.

This also lasts about 7-8 hours on my combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by lorenanunez

best product ever!! I use it on medium, has sheer coverage, evens out my skin beautifully, I use under it la mer moisturizing lotion, and it stays put all day. If I want more coverage I set it with le metier de beaute pressed powder.