November 28, 2014 | 1264 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - The One Gentleman

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by navywendy

awfull. immediate migraine. i dont know what's in it but it smells like medicine. glad i only have a sample of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by 6rungirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

O M G.....I love this cologne so so much! I have never had a cologne that smelled so good to me. My husband usually wears Aqua Di Gio or Hollister ( I don't remember the exact name) becuase those are the ones I love. This one TOPS THEM by far! I love them still, but this one is just so great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have way more to say about this scent than the previous reviewer as I've tested it through steamy sessions with my suitor. Too much information? I can attest that this is actually incredibly long lasting on both material and skin; in my beau's case anyway, and it develops beautifully over the hours.
I spent a long time choosing a scent for the recipient, when we were still just friends. To give you some idea of what I was looking for - he's a sharply-dressed professional, successful for a youngster, not totally in control of his every fashion choice, but developing a taste for classic styles. His shoes are well polished and his shirts fit his pumped chest span. His skin is becoming apricotty as the spring is generous with its rays, which makes his blue eyes look bright. I wanted to gift him with something that wouldn't challenge his ideas of what is normal, wouldn't alienate his work colleagues or girls, and would take him forward as his career progressed. I didn't expect to be inhaling it myself, but I'm delighted with the performance of The One Gentleman.
For me the clear comparison for this scent is Organza Indecence by Givenchy. It's definitely a masculine gourmand, but not a screaming gourmand like Paco Rabanne's hit, 1 Million. It's creamy, woody and spicy - like rum'n'raisin ice cream. The gourmand nature of this makes it suitable for the young set, with another comparison being the earlier Ghost Man. The vanilla is very smooth in The One Gentleman, and the lavender is just aromatic enough. Gris Clair by Serge Lutens is coming to my mind also, though that is a drier scent. Also Courtesan by Worth, for that spicy, rich, chocolate, velvet finish.
The One Gentleman would be totally wearable on a woman, especially in the winter months, but it's infinitely wearable for a guy. Delish!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

The One Gentleman is the new D&G fragrance for men. It is a relatively light scent that starts quite peppery and lavenderish, but soon reduces to a yummy concoction of vanilla and patchouli. Since it is so unobtrusive and subdued, it is perfectly suited for a professional working in an office environment. It's biggest flaw, however, is the lack of longevity, since after only a couple of hours it is completely gone. It does stay on clothes, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by MsMcGee

I went out on a date with a guy last night and asked him what the cologne was so I could remember to come and post about how awful it was. I have never smelled anything so bad on a man before! I would have rathered him smell like body odor. I'm generally not that picky about men's cologne and have never disliked a cologne this much!