Lancome Shadow primer

3.5

on 12/8/2012 6:25:00 PM

Maybe my "nude" primer has oxidized over time, but this has an orangey hue that looks totally unnatural on my eyelids. I have to cover them in shadow just to avoid looking like an oompa loompa, and even then the shadow didn't seem to "pop" although liner did go on more smoothly. It's very dry, so you have to drag the concealer brush (or finger) across your eyelid to get coverage. It isn't easy to blend and it has a tendency to ball up if you use too much. It's so dark that I don't think you could use this on the browbone; my skin is snow white there and this product is just too thick and orange to provide a canvas for a light sweep of pale eyeshadow.

I love this shadow primer - the best I have used (over clinique, too faced, mary kay)
My eyeliner even stays on all day - that has been a problem for me. The formula is very dry and you only need to dab a little.
I LOVE IT!
I don't remember how much it cost - probably a tad expensive.

on 4/8/2004 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very dry formula that I found difficult to blend. If I use a tad too much, my eyes have a strange pinkish hue and the shadow will crease. I will probably wind up tossing this.

on 12/21/2002 11:36:00 PM

I received this item in a swap and I like it. The primer does it's job well providing an even canvas for shadows. I find that this product is best applied with a concealer brush and you only use a little! I then set the primer with a sponge, then lightly dust face powder to give eye shadows something to hold on to. Works especially great as a primer when doing a smokey eye look. I'll swap or buy it again.