Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish

3.4

Sucrose, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinenesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Medica Vulgaris Peel Oil, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol.

on 12/31/2014 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The first time I used this scrub, I hated it. I really, really hated it. But that was years ago, when I had really oily skin. I'm now thirty and my skin has calmed down a bit, and I gave this a second shot. I found it to be pretty awesome stuff this time around, even if you can easily make your own at home (I admit, I'm far too lazy to do that). This is a basic brown sugar scrub soaking in a jar of some pretty intense moisturizing oils. It smells delicious, like sweet lemon, and the oils do stay on your skin (even when I used body wash afterwards once to help remove some of it). Take care when using this, as the oils can make tubs quite slick. I bought the small jar of this for $38, and I think I will repurchase, since I like the smell so much. I like this more than some other scrubs I've tried at a similar price point, like Bobbi Brown's Beach body scrub, or Bliss' Hot Salt Scrub, but I can't say it's better in any way than a Tree Hut sugar body scrub for $7 at Ulta.

on 8/14/2014 11:13:00 PM

I initially loved this, because it really does exfoliate well, which I find a lot of exfoliating products do not, because the exfoliators are too weak. But I found online a DIY version with just some sugar, oils, and honey and it did the same exact thing except cost almost nothing. So if you have money to burn, get this, if you want the results without the price tag, google a diy recipe and have some fun in the kitchen!

on 3/25/2014 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I am a bath product junky, and though I have heard about this product for many years, I was too busy trying other scrubs to give this one a try. I finally caved in while I was away from home and wanted something to help with the dry flakes on my arms. I had high hopes but ultimately, this product is going back. While I loved the smell, the sugar crystals were very uncomfortable and did not disolve at all. I do not have sensative skin and frequently use scrubs, so this was not the case of not being used to a scrub. I definitely did not experience the "smooth as a baby's bottom" thing and the moistuization afterwards was just, meh. In the interest of fairness, I will try again tomorrow, but I have a feeling that I going to stick with Philosophy's Gingerbread man. I'm a little sorry I left that man at home.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use this as a luxurious body treatment after I perform a full body mask with the aztec clay. My flesh literally feels as smooth as a baby's bottom. Yes it is expensive but the product works! I will always pay for quality, why pay or poor quality cosmtics if you can afford better, you may as well rip up for hard earned money.

This scrub smells amazing and leaves your skin feeling so soft afterwards. I get very sensitive skin after shaving, and when I use this before shaving and after, I don't feel a thing. It's also great to use for shaving the day after you just shaved to protect against irritation. It is slightly oily, which you don't really notice at all after you dry off and put lotion on. The jar it comes in does tend to get water in it even if I think I dried my hand off beforehand. This scrub is so awesome. Worth the price. And a little goes a long way.

on 9/2/2012 6:14:00 PM

Love this body scrub. Great scent and leaves a lovely - but not too oily - sheen. If only it wasn't quite so expensive, otherwise I'd use it all the time instead of saving it for special occasions only.

on 8/5/2012 6:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I'm in love with this body scrub, I look forward to using it everyday! I have extremely dry, flaky skin and this definitely helps. My skin is so much smoother and softer after using it, although the effect only lasts about a day unfortunately. I like the scent as well- it's a fresh citrusy-lemon sort of scent that's very light but doesn't linger very long. Will definitely be trying out other body scrubs for cheaper alternatives (the sugar polish is pretty expensive- $44 CAD) but glad to know that I would be willing to go back to this one if other ones don't work out!

Ingredients: Sucrose, Prunus Amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citurs Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopherol, Limonene, Citral, Linalool, BHT, Triethy Citrate continued >>

on 7/24/2012 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I received this as a gift. It is ridiculously expensive ($38!) - especially for how much you get, which is only enough for about six uses - so I would never buy it for myself, thus I wouldn't 'buy it again'. However, as far as the product itself goes, it is a pretty great scrub. The sugar crystals are big and coarse and strip off my self-tanner really well, without having to grind down the skin like I normally would. It smells very good, sort of like oranges, and leaves my skin feeling super smooth and soft. The sugar crystals have a base liquid that can feel a little sticky after rinsing if the weather is humid, but it's not a big deal. I will definitely be checking out other (cheaper) sugar scrubs after the results I got with this one, hoping to find a good dupe.

on 9/10/2011 12:25:00 PM

I received this as a gift. I do not like the smell at all. It is a weird sour citrus smell that is not very pleasant. I also think it is too oily of a formula and the grains are too coarse for my sensitive skin. Plus it is soo expensive! would not buy this for myself.

on 8/31/2011 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I noticed this product in Sephora by this product while looking for a natural deodorant so I picked this up in a gift set online containing the lotion and rollerball. I love the smell but honestly this is just an expensive sugar scrub, a "rich person" sugar scrub. I say this because I did not notice a considerable difference between this and other sugar scrubs I have tried. I will however fill up the jar with another product when it runs out so I feel luxurious :). Hey it works for my dad..except he fills an empty bottle from expensive liquor with a cheaper one even though it tastes the same.