October 31, 2014 | 1521 users online

Hair Treatments - Shea Moisture - Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was just an ok hair mask. It left my hair some what moisturized but it wasn't anything a regular conditioner couldn't do. I've tried using this in combination with other oils and using it overnight to see if I would get better results. For the price I would definitely not repurchase again. And so the search for a HG deep conditioner continues...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I give this product a B. I find that when I use it as a moisturizer for protective styles (namely buns) in conjunction with oils it conditions my hair, and mixed in with creamier conditioners as a deep conditioner it works really well...but alone...I agree with the masses, it is pretty blah. I like to mix this conditioner with Aussie Moist or Pantene's new deep conditioner (I cannot remember the name)...I mix the two and apply all over my head, add some coconut oil, and sit under the drier for 20 to 30 minutes. I think because this product has a large amount of natural shea butter it can weigh down the hair and make it dull...but with a more slippery conditioner I feel like it breaks up that "build up factor" and penetrates the hair and still rinses clean. I hope this helps someone!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll admit I only tried this once, but it was so horrible that I didn't want to even bother with it again.
I've started embracing my natural curls rather than fighting with a straightener every morning, which means I use more conditioner than I'm used to and was in search of a hair mask as a weekly treatment. I love the ingredients in this mask and the smell, but it coated my hair and made it weirdly stringy and weighed down. My hair felt horrible and barely curled at all, though I made sure to rinse out all of the product.
The only reason this is getting a 2 instead of a 1 is that I suspect my hair is too fine for this to be an effective treatment. The ingredients are great and it smells wonderful, is a good price, but just not for me at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by ashpash44

Won't buy again I finally finished. I have 4a curls/ringlets and it kind of just felt like it sat on my hair but I mixed some extra virgin Olive oil it made it work a little better but sadly I'm still on the hunt for a good deep conditioner :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ASH1337

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This masque is just okay. I didn't find it to be particularly moisturizing, and what moisture it does provide, doesn't last very long. I shampoo and leave this product in for 30-60 minutes under a shower cap. I almost can't tell that I used a mask, as opposed to regular conditioning in the shower, except for the strong shea butter smell. I will continue to use this mask, but will probably not repurchase. I find the coconut hibiscus conditioner much more effective and moisturizing than this mask!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by ashlyndmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No matter how many different ways I used this product (with heat, without heat, as a leave in, as a deep conditioner), my hair remained blah. As a leave in it left my hair weighed down and lifeless. As a deep conditioner it just left my curls "ok". Actually, less than ok. It was hard to get a comb through my curls after rinsing out. I haven't tried adding olive oil to it. If I ever give this product another change, I will see how it works with olive oil or coconut oil. I don't have high hopes though. The other shea moisture masques work excellent for me

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I loved the ingredients of this, but this ended up being a big HECK NO for my hair. Instead of adding moisture, it stripped my hair of what moisture it had left remaining and left me with dry, brittle, unmanageable hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

A big "meh" from me. Got it for about 10 USD at Sally's. It has no slip, even on wet hair, and as such left my hair a tangly mess. One thing I will say is that I love the scent of it and other Shea Moisture products. Very soft and herbal. It left my hair soft and shiny, even after clarifying, but it was very tangled and my curls were just, again "meh". It felt no more hydrating or amazing than a regular conditioner. I wouldn't recommend except *maybe* to someone with oilier hair who doesn't need as much hydration, even from a masque

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I bought this for afterwards when I needed to strip color out of my hair, and it worked wonders. You would never have known that my hair had just been so damaged. I put this on and cover it with a shower cap and leave it on for 30-60 minutes and it makes my hair feel so strong and resilient. It seems greasy in the jar, but vanishes into the hair, and smells so nice! I use this once a week and after I color my hair and it is in great condition even though I've been putting in blonde highlights for summer. I will definitely repurchase, and I've been gushing about this brand to anyone who will listen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this with the matching shampoo for about a month now. It is very moisturizing and leaves my ends feeling nice. I actually use this before I shampoo my hair while my hair is still dry. I then wash it out. Do not expect this product to feel super smooth or soft on your hair when you apply it either wet or dry. It has natural ingredients for the most part and does not give an artificial softness when applied. It feels soft when rinsed and does not weigh down at all.
I would purchase again.