July 31, 2014 | 1834 users online

Hair Treatments - Shea Moisture - Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by ashlyndmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No matter how many different ways I used this product (with heat, without heat, as a leave in, as a deep conditioner), my hair remained blah. As a leave in it left my hair weighed down and lifeless. As a deep conditioner it just left my curls "ok". Actually, less than ok. It was hard to get a comb through my curls after rinsing out. I haven't tried adding olive oil to it. If I ever give this product another change, I will see how it works with olive oil or coconut oil. I don't have high hopes though. The other shea moisture masques work excellent for me

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I loved the ingredients of this, but this ended up being a big HECK NO for my hair. Instead of adding moisture, it stripped my hair of what moisture it had left remaining and left me with dry, brittle, unmanageable hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

A big "meh" from me. Got it for about 10 USD at Sally's. It has no slip, even on wet hair, and as such left my hair a tangly mess. One thing I will say is that I love the scent of it and other Shea Moisture products. Very soft and herbal. It left my hair soft and shiny, even after clarifying, but it was very tangled and my curls were just, again "meh". It felt no more hydrating or amazing than a regular conditioner. I wouldn't recommend except *maybe* to someone with oilier hair who doesn't need as much hydration, even from a masque

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I bought this for afterwards when I needed to strip color out of my hair, and it worked wonders. You would never have known that my hair had just been so damaged. I put this on and cover it with a shower cap and leave it on for 30-60 minutes and it makes my hair feel so strong and resilient. It seems greasy in the jar, but vanishes into the hair, and smells so nice! I use this once a week and after I color my hair and it is in great condition even though I've been putting in blonde highlights for summer. I will definitely repurchase, and I've been gushing about this brand to anyone who will listen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this with the matching shampoo for about a month now. It is very moisturizing and leaves my ends feeling nice. I actually use this before I shampoo my hair while my hair is still dry. I then wash it out. Do not expect this product to feel super smooth or soft on your hair when you apply it either wet or dry. It has natural ingredients for the most part and does not give an artificial softness when applied. It feels soft when rinsed and does not weigh down at all.
I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite DC. I'm biracial with 3b curls and this masque really helps me to regain moisture and strength. I sometimes highlight and flat iron and this product has continued to improve the health of my hair. I love the 100% natural and fair trade ingredients. At first I did not like this product, but when I comb with through and put it in 4 twists, it works a lot better. I also use this product for twist outs because it's so thick and helps the twist to hold in place during the drying process. Shea Moisture is my favorite company. Everyone needs to try at least once

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This really didn't work for me at all. I have thick, long Middle Eastern hair, i blow dry and flat iron it regularly and always look for a good deep treatment. This makes my hair feel dry after i use it.
Maybe because it doesnt have the cones to get that immediate feels-better feeling, but regardless even when im styling it after using this my hair doesn't feel good. My go too which i buy over and over is L'oreal Nature's Therapy line (yellow and green tub) Mega Moisture (available at sallys)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by alisonst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this brand a lot and my hair usually loves shea butter so I was really hoping I would be crazy about this product but I'm not.
The good is that is smells good and the packaging is logical and pretty. It's also made with really great ingredients, like the rest of this line.

The bad is that it is pretty expensive and hard to get in Canada, and that I find it really weighs down my hair and leaves heavy residue even after a thourough rinse. I like to do a treatment and then just rinse it out but with this I have to shampoo afterwards which I always feels like takes a bit out of the benefits of the masque. I also don't usually see any really awesome benefits, it just doens't stand out in any (good) way from any other masque I've tried. It's not so bad that I'm not going to finish the tub but after this I'll stick to my current favourite masque, the l'oreal eversleek masque, and I won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a fine, bleached blonde pixie that is always in need of moisture & TLC. I washed w a SLS shampoo to clarify and slathered this on towel dryed hair mixed w EVOO as suggested. I slept in it w a shower cap. Wow! My hair was like butta in the am. I didn't shampoo I just rinsed. I can't talk for the 'no-slip' properties as I have no hair to comb out, but for now I love it. Compared to my 'it's a 10' it's so much cheaper and has no cones. I love the all natural ingredients. Wil def repurchase! Try it overnight mixed w the olive oil, your strands will thank you!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product moisturized my hair so well. It made it look healthier after one use. The only thing I dislike is the tub. I hate having to dip my fingers in it.