July 12, 2014 | 1931 users online

Hair Treatments - Shea Moisture - Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I bought this for afterwards when I needed to strip color out of my hair, and it worked wonders. You would never have known that my hair had just been so damaged. I put this on and cover it with a shower cap and leave it on for 30-60 minutes and it makes my hair feel so strong and resilient. It seems greasy in the jar, but vanishes into the hair, and smells so nice! I use this once a week and after I color my hair and it is in great condition even though I've been putting in blonde highlights for summer. I will definitely repurchase, and I've been gushing about this brand to anyone who will listen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this with the matching shampoo for about a month now. It is very moisturizing and leaves my ends feeling nice. I actually use this before I shampoo my hair while my hair is still dry. I then wash it out. Do not expect this product to feel super smooth or soft on your hair when you apply it either wet or dry. It has natural ingredients for the most part and does not give an artificial softness when applied. It feels soft when rinsed and does not weigh down at all.
I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite DC. I'm biracial with 3b curls and this masque really helps me to regain moisture and strength. I sometimes highlight and flat iron and this product has continued to improve the health of my hair. I love the 100% natural and fair trade ingredients. At first I did not like this product, but when I comb with through and put it in 4 twists, it works a lot better. I also use this product for twist outs because it's so thick and helps the twist to hold in place during the drying process. Shea Moisture is my favorite company. Everyone needs to try at least once

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This really didn't work for me at all. I have thick, long Middle Eastern hair, i blow dry and flat iron it regularly and always look for a good deep treatment. This makes my hair feel dry after i use it.
Maybe because it doesnt have the cones to get that immediate feels-better feeling, but regardless even when im styling it after using this my hair doesn't feel good. My go too which i buy over and over is L'oreal Nature's Therapy line (yellow and green tub) Mega Moisture (available at sallys)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by alisonst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this brand a lot and my hair usually loves shea butter so I was really hoping I would be crazy about this product but I'm not.
The good is that is smells good and the packaging is logical and pretty. It's also made with really great ingredients, like the rest of this line.

The bad is that it is pretty expensive and hard to get in Canada, and that I find it really weighs down my hair and leaves heavy residue even after a thourough rinse. I like to do a treatment and then just rinse it out but with this I have to shampoo afterwards which I always feels like takes a bit out of the benefits of the masque. I also don't usually see any really awesome benefits, it just doens't stand out in any (good) way from any other masque I've tried. It's not so bad that I'm not going to finish the tub but after this I'll stick to my current favourite masque, the l'oreal eversleek masque, and I won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a fine, bleached blonde pixie that is always in need of moisture & TLC. I washed w a SLS shampoo to clarify and slathered this on towel dryed hair mixed w EVOO as suggested. I slept in it w a shower cap. Wow! My hair was like butta in the am. I didn't shampoo I just rinsed. I can't talk for the 'no-slip' properties as I have no hair to comb out, but for now I love it. Compared to my 'it's a 10' it's so much cheaper and has no cones. I love the all natural ingredients. Wil def repurchase! Try it overnight mixed w the olive oil, your strands will thank you!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product moisturized my hair so well. It made it look healthier after one use. The only thing I dislike is the tub. I hate having to dip my fingers in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by beautynewbielbc

I really am on the fence about this product. The Pros are it really does moisturize my hair and once my hair dries, it is so soft! The ingredients are so natural and earthy which is awesome! The major con would be it really didn't have any slip. I try not to comb my hair untill after I have had it wrapped up in a turbie towel for awhile anyway, but I still had a much more challenging time detangling my hair. I am contemplating using my regular conditioner after this just for the detangling. The other con for me was the smell, it's a little musky IMO. Overall, I do really get good moisture from this product and will continue to use this, especially after clarifying my hair. I think I will look at some of the other products from this brand as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One size does NOT fit all .So disappointed with this product. My hair ( dry, highlighted) was a knotty mess after using it. All the shea and argan in the world wont help if your hair is tangled after. Back to Reken All Soft, which has great slip and takes out the knots. I looked on naturallycurly.com and many others did not like this. Wish I had looked before wasting my money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE shea butter hair products. Totally worship them and so does my hair. That said, I had higher hopes for this stuff. Although there are way more benefits to this product than negatives, the handful of cons are so annoying that I just don't know if I want to continue using this stuff.

Pros:
Ingredients are amaze-balls - I don't think I have ever used another product with so many amazing and earthy/pure additives. I love that you can add your own oils to this stuff without ruining the product - how cool is that? The smell is great and it really does moisturize well. It's very affordable.

Cons:
Absolutely no slip to this at all. It feels very drying upon application which I just don't understand. I have really thick, curly, long, coarse hair (Afro-Rican hair) which can only be brushed or combed while wet in the shower with conditioner in; when I brush this through its very hard to do and I feel like I am pulling it and doing damage to it. I get zero shine and actually I think this leaves my hair kind of dull, moreso than any other conditioner. My hair is sooooo tangled the next day! Its a major pain to deal with and untangle which again, may be even more damaging in the end.

I am on the fence. On one hand the ingredients and softness I do get when my hair dries after using this is so nice I want to keep using it; on the other hand the tangles it leaves me with are just too much to deal with. The only way I can use this is if I use at night, braid my hair, unbraid the next day and re-condition with something else. IE its a good treatment but not a "wash and go" type product for curly girls or those with hair past the shoulders.