October 21, 2014 | 2062 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 88 Prism Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

I think every make up lover needs to have this in their collection. You open this large, thin palette to 88 beautiful colors in the case and the price is insanely inexpensive going for around 22-27$$. In this palette you get every color in the prism. You can go smokey, nude, or even rainbow because there are many different shades of pinks, purples, blues, teals, oranges, peaches, golds, yellows and more.There are plenty of different light shades for brow highlights and dark shades for smoke and depth and this palette is absolutely perfect for blending as they go on silky smooth. Some people are complaining that all the shadows are dime sized but theres plenty of product in each pot and honestly, how much are you actually going to use some of these colorful shades?? I doubt i'll ever get to use this entire thing up in my lifetime!! I use this to experiment and wear fun colors and sometimes purposely to match my tops and it looks really cool. There are no matte colors in this palette so all the colors are shimmery and super pigmented. This palette is a makeup lovers DREAM and for the price, you just cant beat it!! I know they also make a matte palette and I cant wait to get my hands on that one too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

The color variety is lovely, lots of nudes and bronze in both right and left sides and beautiful colors in between like greens, blues, oranges and pinks. The pigmentation is very good, though some shades are a little chalky, but you can get away with it using a good primer or a creme base so they glide better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

hmm well there are somewhat a variety of colors. Some of the neutral colors weren't as pigmented and the brighter colors actually seemed to be more pigmented?
But yeah they don't seem or feel that soft but when you dip your brush in THEN the powder for some of the colors kinda got everywhere.
So that was disappointing because that just makes you use up the palette faster.
I mean for the price I guess its good quality and you get a lot of colors, so I would recommend it to those that wants a lot of eyeshadow shades without spending a lot of money, but for those that are picky about quality....mmm maybe a different company
oh and the size of each shadow is actually smaller than what you see in pictures or videos and stuff
I was actually surprised when I opened it and saw them cause I expected them to be bigger? cause...well they seemed bigger in videos and pics

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

PROS: Maybe I was lucky but the pallet I received was all intact and still is. The hinge still clips, none of the pots have come unglued and the pallet itself is still as purchased. I really like the size of this pallet, as it is quite portable. I think it is kind of good to have one of these pallets if you like to mess around with makeup and follow along with tutorials on youtube. Also, it give beginners a chance to see what colours they would wear day to day.

CONS: This product smells like kids paint. I suppose this could be a pro for some people but it made it cheapened the pallet for me. The smell did go away after 9 months? Also, the pan size could be a con because the few colours that are very good will be gone quick. For the most part, the colours are either insane or boring in this pallet. I really like a few but I guess this pallet helped me realize I like softer colours.

Bottome Line: I don't regret buying this pallet, as it is fun to have around. But, if you aren't a makeup collector, someone who wears bright colours, someone who doesn't mind cheaper quality makeup or someone who likes to play around with makeup... then forget about this one for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by cocosea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!
I typically buy only neutral shadows, so I don't play around with many brights, but now that I have this palette I am able to really play around with color, as well as use the neutrals in this palette. The shadows are so smooth and pigmented, as are all Coastal Scents products, and they stayed on my eye (with primer) for so long!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a nice palette, but was kinda disappointing to me b/c I love the 88 warm so much! Half of the colors in this palette are also in the 88 Warm and the bright colors are not ones that I would use often and most of them were dupes for each other. For example in the center row, there are like 8 yellows!!! The e/s quality was very good, some were more chalky than I expected. I found myself, only using the neutrals in this palette, so I RAOK to my Goddaughter.
pros: variety of colors; good quality e/s; blends easily
cons: too many of the same colors; colors are not organized as claimed to help blend e/s better.
I would skip this one and get the original 88 palette. I think they added the name Prism, re-organized the colors and added $1 to the cost. And if you have the original 88 palette, you don't need this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this palette along w/the Metal Mania palette. I also own the matte/shimmer along w/a few other palettes from CS. This one is actually a bit different...the 'prism' effect is noticeable if you use the proper e/s primer. W/O the proper primer, the difference is difficult to see. Sounds weird, but it's true. For me the perfect primers are UDPP in Eden or Sin, depending on the look I'm going for.