August 30, 2014 | 1707 users online

Pressed Powders - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by mischa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was excited to get this because it was sold out for a while and everybody seemed to rave about it. I'm sure it's a nice powder, but I didn't keep it on long enough to find out because it turned me bright orange!!! Returned it immediately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought my 2nd compact of this stuff and I love it! For reference I have dry sensitive skin and this powder gives a nice finish, not too matte and not too dewy or shiny. I wouldn't say this gives much shine at all. This doesn't have shimmer or glitter to it nor any spf. The argan oil may break some people out so test it before you buy. The argan oil in this is the reason I bought this powder because most powders can be too drying for me and this is perfect for my skin. I think I also really like the fact it isn't a stark white powder like most translucent powders. Although I have dry skin, my sunscreen at the moment is slightly greasy and shines throughout the day and this does a great job of taking away the shine without drying out my skin. It has a light peach tint to it and it looks more natural when applied. Though I do think if you are darker skin tone, it may still be too light. The packaging is very minimal. It is light and thin. It doesn't come with a sponge which is why it is so thin, there is no room. The reason for this I believe is that Josie's products are supposedly environmentally conscious and the compact is so thin and no sponge is to reduce packaging material use. Something like that. I didn't buy this powder for that reason. I just liked the idea of argan oil. Adding to that, for thoes that are environmentally consciouss, EWG's Cosmetic Database rates this powder very low (2) in terms of health concern. The fact it doesn't come with a sponge is okay with me as I prefer to use a brush. I never cared for the sponges in compacts anyways.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder...flawless finish. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating is it didn't come with a sponge or brush to apply. But I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by AQuestionofLust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once you get over the hype, this is a great product.

Argan oil, blah blah. I don't really feel that its so miraculous. Sephora.com claims "This powder can even be used on the eye lids as a base for eyeshadow to make the color richer and last longer". Fat chance.

However! The completely translucent but still human-hued powder is great. It cuts down on shine while minimizing the look of pores and lasts a long time. Doesn't cake after repeated applications. My skin does well with this in summer when I'm an oil slick, and in winter when my skin flakes more than our NYC snow does. I apply it with my Pop Beauty travel kabuki brush and only ever have to re-apply once, and only on humid days.

The color of this product is definitely a flesh shade but works with my oddly colored pale winter skin color as well as it does my summer lightly bronzed olive hue, meaning I only need this powder year round. It seems pricey at $30, but for the color flexibility alone, its worth it. In addition to this, I've been using my compact for several months now, and the powder doesn't even have a dip in it! Makes me feel quite a bit better about shelling out the money for a powder.

It can be used alone, but I usually use it over concealer(sometimes I even use Josie Maran's concealer) or over the JM tinted moisturizer. I rarely use it as a touch-up for foundation, but am pleased to report that it doesn't change the look of that when I do.

It has great ingredients, doesn't irritate my skin, works well no matter how badly my skin is behaving... what more does a girl need? Oh, wait-- the shiny bio-degradable compact makes me feel like a slightly more responsible consumer ;)

The only thing I'd change, but am not too bothered by, is the fact that there's no applicator in the compact. This is actually more sanitary, I feel, but has been kind of crappy on days when I've forgotten my travel brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by NoeyD

Ok, I am face powder OBSESSED! The amount of powders I have is ludicrous! BE's MV has been my HG face powder for what seems like forever. I have every single kind of MV in existence, in their qvc super-sized version if available. I have tried a plethora of others but I ALWAYS stick to powders that aqe talc-free.

JM's Argan Pressed Powder ROCKS! My skin has been dry and very flakey because of taz use and this powder doesn't make it worse! Doesn't give you that dry look or settle in lines or anything. Hides pores and gives you a VERY air brushed finish! Its a bit pricey but this could possibly make HG status for me and thats very very rare!