Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio YE406 Tropicalia

on 6/11/2012 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

By now, it is known all over MUA how Shiseido eyeshadows are soft, buttery, shimmery, pigmented goodness. But if somehow you haven't gotten the memo, here you go! The texture of these shadows is honestly amazing, unlike anything I'd tried in the US market. Initially, I couldn't believe something this soft could last more than a few minutes, much less with strong pigmentation, but I was happily proven wrong.

Tropicalia is one of the brightest combos available in the Luminizing trios, and it is the first that really caught my eye. I love the combination of the pink-fuschia, yellow, and grass green, so unique yet it works together somehow because on lids, the color can be muted or layered for a bolder look.

on 11/21/2010 12:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Normally I dont go for bright flashy eyeshadow colors, Im mostly a nude eye kinda gal, but after seeing this trio featured in several fashion magazines over the last few months I decided to give it a try. I was able to get it on ebay for almost half of its retail cost so I was extra happy. Ive tried it a few different ways but find on me it looks best over udpp sin, with the pink color in crease and top lid, lining bottom lid with the green and highlighting with the yellow. Its almost like a sunrise/sunset kind of look and is really pretty. The color payoff is buildable which I think is great. The colors are surprisingly flattering- I honestly had my doubts from the photo/look on shiseidos website- I think they could have done a better job of blending but thats just my humble opinion. If your tempted by this I say go get it- the colors are unique and its a really fun pallette!

Popular Palettes