Alba Botanica Acne Dote face & body scrub

3.9

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid _ 2.0 % Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder , Glycerin, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Rhizome/Root, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil (2), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (2), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil (2), Algin, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Cellulose Gum, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool (1) Certified Organic Ingredient; ((2) Natural Fragrance

on 1/2/2015 1:53:00 PM

Thought this scrub was great. For a couple weeks. But my chest and back got progressively worse as the weeks went on. Much like the "good and gentle acne wash" the ingredients are very irritating and harsh. Look them up and you'll see. I'm learning that acne needs very gentle, mild and non-irritating cleansers. I'm switching back to Cerave.
I see a lot of people seem to love this scrub so maybe it's fine if you don't have sensitive skin.

on 8/11/2014 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has become a staple now in my skincare routine. Without it I would still have those awful red, dry patches all over my back, chest and shoulders; which is unheard of for someone with acne so severe that they NEED a benzoyl peroxide product in their regimen. If I leave this on for more than 5 minutes it really does dry out my skin which usually isn't a problem; I only apply it to the acne prone areas of mine after washing with a moisturizing dove liquid soap & then apply lotion after my shower..it's only a problem since my back is hard to reach & I can't properly apply a lotion to it. Now it only gets knocked down one lippie because as a facial scrub it's not that great. I have very oily skin & although it's great for my body it doesn't really do much to keep the flakes I get from using BP on my acne at bay. I'd like to think that it's doing some good at reducing redness on my face as it did wonders for the red, dry patches on my back & various acne prone body parts but even after 2 weeks I didn't see much improvement as I did within one week on my back (which is my main concern even though other places have acne too). I'll keep repurchasing this since it's all natural & actually does wonders for my body which I never ever thought anything as gentle as Salicylic Acid could (I respond WAY better to benzoyl peroxide but can assume that my face is just a whole other story).

on 6/30/2014 3:26:00 PM

I really liked this product at first! It makes your skin so soft and its great but when I woke up the next day I had bumps on my face and I continued to break out:/ sort of disappointing.

on 5/7/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Mega-exfoliating! I use this once a week or so. It's very rough, a little goes a long way, but it really goes after dry skin. I even use it on my elbows and all over before appyling self-tanner. A bit drying on the face, be sure to use a rich moisturizer afterwards.
Packaging is not ideal - it's fairly runny and clogs up the cap when stored upright.

on 4/3/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff goes over and beyond what I expected of it. Your face feels nice, soft, and refreshed. My face has noticeably improved since I've started using this face wash! Highly recommend trying it out(:

This stuff really works! I have a very oily t-zone & this has kept most of my oiliness at bay. I also love how the grains in this scrub aren't too big & harsh. I will always repurchase this.

on 12/26/2013 9:23:00 PM

I love this scrub. I was looking for a facial scrub that was gentle but would still get shed annoying flaking dry skin in my t-zone. It's been just a week but I've seen huge improvement. It IS a bit drying so I follow up with either the seaweed night cream or acne dote facial matte lotion. Fun surprise - it foams up quite a bit when water is combined. It's not harsh on my ultra sensitive skin, especially if I put some cetaphil on first. I'll update after I test it for a longer period if time. So far, I'm a fan of this product and their company! Also noteworthy that the licorice extract calms red or irritation and is commonly found in the acne dote line. It's what made me t

on 11/17/2013 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a little too powerful for my oily but sensitive face to use daily, but as a body scrub for acne prone areas it is amazing. It has a clean minty smell and is brown in color. It exfoliates well without being too harsh (I use a light hand anyway) and really helps with congestion on my forehead and cheeks. It does dry out the skin around my nose and chin so I have to keep this product away from those areas. I like that it rinses clean and has a good dose of SA and willow bark extract. I bought this at CVS for around eleven dollars with tax. It comes in a good sized tube which is nice.

on 11/7/2013 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I liked the product when I first tried it out.I was sceptical when I noticed it said maximum strength but I still used the product knowing u had sensitive skin because most natural priducts barely ever break me out but this product unfortunately did! I like the abrasive scrub action , my skin felt and look so smooth and didn't feel tight or dry.I was confident I had found my new beauty secret until I woke up the next morning with dry patches and lil bumps here and there on my face.I was p.o! I'm good on this product...they need to modify this product for sensitive dry skin

on 7/23/2013 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have always been embarrassed about red dots on my legs after shaving, this has in one week fully polished and cleared my skin! For being one dollar more than Neutrogena's Clear Pore Scrub, Acne Dote smells much, much better and has both aloe and peppermint, which feels fresh after rinsing! Highly Recommend.