China Glaze Peppermint Cuticle Oil

on 5/1/2014 1:18:00 PM

I always end up picking up a couple of these at Sally's during the holidays. They're dirt cheap, like $1.50 or something. I keep a bottle in my desk and another by the couch. Even though this is not the best cuticle oil, the ability to have a few strategically placed little bottles makes up for that. What good is the best cuticle oil if you only use it sometimes?

It works well enough though. It's too lightweight to make a lasting difference, and it doesn't contain any actives like AHA, but it definitely makes my cuticles look & feel softer for a few hours.

on 1/9/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Honestly, most moisturizing products seem to work about the same for me. This one was effective but didn't stand out from anything else I've used on my cuticles in terms of function. I did like the scent, though.

on 5/25/2012 10:28:00 PM

Got this in a swap with another MUAer as an extra and I'm really thankful for it because I didn't ask for anything and she just included in it.

I really like the fact that its in a cute little small China Glaze bottle that makes it so much fun when using it. However, I found it really messy for me because of the applicator. I like cuticle oils that are in the shape of pens, given less product, but it works so much better for me.

Using this was a bit messy because I would end up drowing my fingers with it when I only wanted product on my cuticles. It would drip and slip onto my fingers and hands which I found kind of annoying.

It didn't really give me a feeling of enjoyment of using it when I felt so much product was being wasted, with it being runny. I would definitely prefer it in a pen-applicator.

Love how it smells like peppermint though! I was glad to have tried it out but if I were to purchase cuticle oils, I'd probably go with a pen applicator.

Thanks to the MUAer who provided this for me!

on 1/6/2012 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

hi,

does this go on the nail, or just on the cuticles?

i emailed them today, but i haven't heard anything back yet.

r they good at replying?

diane

on 4/29/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

China Glaze's Peppermint Cuticle Oil comes in a mini-size polish bottle of 0.325 ounces. It's a red-tinted oil with a light peppermint scent that is applied to the cuticles with the included nail polish brush. The product sinks into the skin well enough but since it is an oil and comes in a regular nail polish bottle, you need to be at a desk or table in order not to spill it. The scent is light enough to be noticeable but not overpowering. As for how well this works, I'm on the fence. I've used it on my not-so-overly dry cuticles and notice that they are softer but I'm not sure that this product would do much as a treatment or repair for really dry skin. I picked this up on clearance at Sally's for 1.99. While I indicated that I would buy it again, I would, but only at this price.

on 2/17/2011 10:01:00 AM

I absolutely love this product! Does a great job moisturizing my cuticles, and I love love love the peppermint scent! Wish this wasn't a holiday only item :(

on 2/13/2011 11:10:00 PM

I picked this up on clearance at Sally's for $2 and it was a total steal. I put it on every night before bed and my cuticles look great. It is not overwhelmingly pepperminty -- you can only smell it if you get right up close to the product, so it doesn't interfere with my hand lotion which is nice. I like it! :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought on clearance @ Sally's for both myself & my sister. Smells really good and if your cuticles are already in shape, this works well for maintenance. I wouldn't recommend if however, your cuticles need serious help. I.E. are cracked and such...then I would pass on this and buy Creative Nail Designs Solar Oil instead!

on 1/16/2011 3:19:00 PM

I really liked this. Can't say that it's any better than any other cuticle oil I've tried but the minty smell is fabulous!! Got this on clearance at Sally's for $1.99; will be going back to see if there's any left so I can buy a few more.

on 12/1/2010 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Although I am still not quite familiar with the idea of cuticle oil, I listened to the wonderful ladies on the nail board and applied some after my pedicure had dried and I was pleasantly surprised. The most striking thing is that my fingers smell *YUMMY* I don't feel an extreme difference in my cuticles but they are absolutely horrid right now so I think it might take some time. This is considered a free gift in the 2010 holiday Merry Mint set and I don't see the need to repurchase again.

Popular Treatments