September 2, 2014 | 1994 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Hickory Ridge Organics Pure Shea Moisturizer

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough nice things about this product! I've been using this company's natural olive oil based soaps for several years, it is no doubt one of the best soaps and comes in so many yummy choices... but their other stuff is great too.

The Pure Shea Moisturizer is just what it says it is. No fragrance, no chemicals. I generally feel that eye creams are a waste of money, and usually contain the same stuff you find in facial moisturizers, that basically they are just a gimmick, a way to get us to spend extra money. I also feel that the sensitive skin of the eye area, more even than other parts of the face, should not be slathered with irritating chemical-laden creams. I bought this shea butter as a general moisturizer, and have found it to be great for hands, for lips, as a cuticle cream, for dry patches of skin, elbows, even as a sort of hair wax/texturizer. But as an eye cream, it is the BEST! I use it on my upper lids only and rub some into my lashes. It is very thick, sort of like the texture of stick cocoa butter but a little softer. You get a little on the tips of the ring fingers and then rub them together to warm it up, and it turns into this nice soft semi liquid balm that you can then tap onto you lids. It isn't too greasy, soaks in well, and you are not all oily in the morning from it.

I do not believe that anything other than retin a products and surgery will remove wrinkles...but some things DO smooth them out and make your skin look better - and this is one of them. I love that it is a natural product as well. A small 2 oz tin is around $8, but will last a long time as a little goes a long way. Definitely highly recommended, especially if you are a lover of good quality natural ingredients.

HickoryRidgeOrganics.com