April 17, 2014 | 988 users online

Fragrances - Katy Perry - Purr

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sphynx97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A lovely change from every other celebrity smell....
A sting of alcohol and maybe some peach at first sniff. Put me of at first.
But then after getting used to the alcohol I noticed the jasmine and Bulgarian rose. The took over and still today do. The sandalwood comes thru after a hour, but in my mind the perfume is a woody, floral perfume but Im sorry to say but it does not last for a long time, maximum 2 hours on me. Im so bored with the vanilla, cotton candy smells. Every one smells like that today. So this perfume is a beginning step to the more floral perfumes and more seductive. The seductive part depends more on your age :P

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by juddlyjr

Love the smell. Got it for a great price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am writing this review from my 9 year old DD's perspective as I bought it for her for Christmas 2013. She loves it. (I don;t). It smells like a drug-store perfume - but it does come in a cute kitty-shaped bottle. $24.95 or so for a 1.7 oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Rach365

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this perfume so much! I can smell peach, coconut, vanilla, rose and other floral/fruity notes in this fragrance. It overall just has a warmth to it and isn't overly sweet, it smells so good, not cheap like other celebrity fragrances. The only downside is it doesn't last all that long on me but it's worth it, and the packaging's really cute too

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by slytherin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fun, fruity, light-hearted fragrance. Opening blast of tangerine which remains throughout drydown to soft vanilla. Lasts a good 4+ hours on my skin. One of the better celebrity / cheaper scents. Puts me in a happy mood.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

I love the sophisticated scent and the kitty cat bottle. Can't wait to try the Meow!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I love the bottle on this one. Cats! Other than that that's where I stop on liking this. Everyone I know who smelled this on me said I smelled like an old lady (I'm not even 30!). My fiance said it didn't smell so bad after a while on me. Still not something I want to smell like. I'll wear it to work until I use it up but after that I'll never buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

VERY pleasant but not extremely loud or out there, considering it bears Katy Perry's name.

Purr is one of those fruity florals that's not too loud, not too soft, not too fruity, not too floral, not too sweet, not too adolescent, and not too mature/sophisticated. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. (We can all use one of these in our perfume arsenal for days when we can't decide what to wear.)

It starts out quite crisp, tart and juicy, then warms up into soft creamy florals. For me, the ambery-vanilla tones take a backseat and this isn't a gourmand fragrance.

Some people consider Purr "heavy" but the term is too subjective. It's probably more accurate to say it is not as sugary/dessert-like as the usual comfort scents like Meow, Pink Sugar or the 2 Wonderstrucks, but more "perfumey" (again, not a bad thing in my book) and faceted because of the florals. I don't find it heavy in terms of scent strength or projection as long as you spray in moderation. I also smell a passing resemblance to Paris's Can Can in the fruity-sweet opening, but while Can Can opens in a big sugary blast before disappearing to nothing, Purr opens a little fresher and more complex, and manages to hang on and develop nicely into its creamier base.

I'd recommend this for those who are looking to move on from the more straightforward fruity-sweet scents of the Victoria's Secret body splash variety, to something a touch more dressed-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaVictory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this. It smells nice and floral, fruity and it just makes me feel adventurous. I wear this almost every day and the bottle is adorable. It is unique, though not ground breaking. It is sort of a lighter, warmer, fresher, more wearable, younger, and generally all around more pleasant version of Betsey Johnson's Too Too (which I don't like) This is probably going to become my new Signature Scent and when I run out, I will DEFINITELY buy more. I really hope they keep making it. I don't want to be without.
I mostly smell peach, rose, bamboo, and coconut. The rose is not overwhelmingly strong though. Overall, this is just....fantastic

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by saygrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm not exactly a fan of celeb perfumes, nor of Katy Perry, nor of cats, nor of coconut smells but...

Surprise! Surprise! I love this! For some reason, the repulsion I feel for that dreaded fruit was not felt when I got a sample of this.

Pretty simple smell, not very unique as I've smelled similar ones before. But I do love it. It's warm and sexy but not in a trying-to-be-sexy kinda way. Cute bottle as well! Overall, pleasantly surprised!