August 22, 2014 | 1244 users online

Fragrances - Katy Perry - Purr

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is pleasant but not unique in any way. Initial spritz is a lot of peach and apple, with hints of gardenia and bamboo giving it a green twist.

It smells A LOT like a generic Bath & Body Works body spray (you pick one, it won't matter), or like a very nice shampoo. Pleasant, but not in any way a signature scent.

I can sense that this even *might* give me a headache over time, and this is with just one spray on each wrist.

The bottle is the best thing about this fragrance, along with the price (I got a small one for about $8 at Ross)...if you like floral fruity and don't want something too complex or unique, then this might be right up your alley. The green bamboo does give it a hint of 'interesting' but nothing that would compel me to really reach for this.

Would not repurchase, may have to rehome.

(crosspost)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by broadwaykoala

I love this perfume! I had never bought a celebrity fragance before but when I saw this on display I couldn't keep myself from buying it (cute bottle, and a quick search showed me notes I love. it didn't hurt that it was $20 either!) At first when I smelled it I thought it was pretty 'blegh'. Since I am used to wearing fresh, unisex style perfumes it was too sweet and cloying. Gave it 15 minutes and le boyfriend was fascinated by how good I smelled; sniffed myself again and it was a delicious fruity, coconutty scent. Now it has become a staple in my perfume collection... recommendation would be wait until the middle notes come out and see if your body chemistry matches :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sphynx97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wrote a review almost the second i got it.
I thought it was smelling more floral but in fact after wearing it for a long time.
The smell is more on the fruity side. Undertone of cosy vanilla.
Still got a little bit of a alcohol sting to it. But it wears of after a hour or so. You get that with almost every celebrity perfume.

Purr have become on of my favorites. Every one that smells the perfume on me always say that I smell good, not that my perfume smell good.
This perfume goes perfectly with my body chemistry so have that in mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by juddlyjr

Love the smell. Got it for a great price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am writing this review from my 9 year old DD's perspective as I bought it for her for Christmas 2013. She loves it. (I don;t). It smells like a drug-store perfume - but it does come in a cute kitty-shaped bottle. $24.95 or so for a 1.7 oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Rach365

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this perfume so much! I can smell peach, coconut, vanilla, rose and other floral/fruity notes in this fragrance. It overall just has a warmth to it and isn't overly sweet, it smells so good, not cheap like other celebrity fragrances. The only downside is it doesn't last all that long on me but it's worth it, and the packaging's really cute too

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by slytherin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fun, fruity, light-hearted fragrance. Opening blast of tangerine which remains throughout drydown to soft vanilla. Lasts a good 4+ hours on my skin. One of the better celebrity / cheaper scents. Puts me in a happy mood.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

I love the sophisticated scent and the kitty cat bottle. Can't wait to try the Meow!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I love the bottle on this one. Cats! Other than that that's where I stop on liking this. Everyone I know who smelled this on me said I smelled like an old lady (I'm not even 30!). My fiance said it didn't smell so bad after a while on me. Still not something I want to smell like. I'll wear it to work until I use it up but after that I'll never buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

VERY pleasant but not extremely loud or out there, considering it bears Katy Perry's name.

Purr is one of those fruity florals that's not too loud, not too soft, not too fruity, not too floral, not too sweet, not too adolescent, and not too mature/sophisticated. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. (We can all use one of these in our perfume arsenal for days when we can't decide what to wear.)

It starts out quite crisp, tart and juicy, then warms up into soft creamy florals. For me, the ambery-vanilla tones take a backseat and this isn't a gourmand fragrance.

Some people consider Purr "heavy" but the term is too subjective. It's probably more accurate to say it is not as sugary/dessert-like as the usual comfort scents like Meow, Pink Sugar or the 2 Wonderstrucks, but more "perfumey" (again, not a bad thing in my book) and faceted because of the florals. I don't find it heavy in terms of scent strength or projection as long as you spray in moderation. I also smell a passing resemblance to Paris's Can Can in the fruity-sweet opening, but while Can Can opens in a big sugary blast before disappearing to nothing, Purr opens a little fresher and more complex, and manages to hang on and develop nicely into its creamier base.

I'd recommend this for those who are looking to move on from the more straightforward fruity-sweet scents of the Victoria's Secret body splash variety, to something a touch more dressed-up.