September 17, 2014 | 1940 users online

Conditioner - John Frieda - Smooth Start Hydrating

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This is ok without being particularly special

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by bloch123

The first few times I used it I was really confused with this product hair was a bit softer but I didn't see any defrizzing n all. But gradually after a week I can see some difference. It smells nice n definitely has made my hair softer n defrizzed so I think I will keep using this till I find something really better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupwhore22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this with the repairing shampoo. I dont think this conditioner defrizzes at all. My hair was a little softer but not much change. I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is coarse, thick and has a tendency to be dry. I also color and heat style, so it takes a beating. I like something that helps my hair maintain color and stay sleek and smooth. I'm reasonably happy with this. The shampoo that goes with this isn't really moisturizing at all, as it does leave my hair feeling somewhat stripped and lightly tangled. However, after following up with this conditioner, my hair is super smooth and silky, and flat ironing is a breeze. The conditioner is thick and coats my hair very well. Rinses clean and my hair feels silky and smooth after. After drying and flat ironing, my hair looks shiny and soft without frizz. I would not recommend this on extremely dry hair, or for someone who washes daily, but otherwise I think it is just fine. I might repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by srscott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This conditioner is marketed as a hydrating conditioner for extra-dry hair, but it provides no more hydration than any other conditioner yet costs twice as much. (For example - the Herbal Essence conditioners have 12 ounces versus the 10 ounces in Smooth Start, yet cause several dollars less.) This did not give my curly hair a "Smooth Start". I will finish this tube, but will not repurchase.