July 23, 2014 | 2008 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - urban environment uv protection cream

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Have this in spf35 and spf50 version. Spf 50 is really greasy but the spf 35 version has quite a matte finish, leaves a bit of white cast but it's ok because i put foundation on afterwards. Overall, i won't repurchase these sunscreens, there are better products in term of finish out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lucyim

I was recommended this product by my friend at the Shiseido / Cle de peau counter and it really acts like a tinted moisturizer but has build able coverage. On top of that the SPF 42 is great for days when the sun hits hard. It's very similar to Jouer's moisture tint, but the color is perfect and matches the original formulation of diorsnow bb creme (I wish they stuck with one color!). I use this with my NARS light reflecting loose setting powder. Can't beat the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by ms_devine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! Its not a thick sticky consistency like lots of sunscreens and absorbs into your skin well and does not leave a white cast. I have normal/dry skin so I find this nice and hydrating as well. If you have oily skin maybe you should avoid but not sure why this nice cream is getting such bad reviews.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This sunscreen leaves an oily film on top of the skin that never gets absorbed, not good for combo or oily skins.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by mommytwoboys78

This review is on the Urban Environment UV Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40 for face/body. On the box it states that is is water resistant (40 minutes). The active sunscreen ingredients are octinoxate 2.9%, octocrylene 3.0%, and zinc oxide 10.6%. It's a mix of chemical and physical sunscreen ingredients. I liked the fact that there's no oxybenzone. Look up oxybenzone. This product should not be found in any sunscreen products per the EWG.
I was very hopeful for this product to work because I have combo-sometimes oily skin. I have not yet found a sunscreen product that does not cause me to look oily. Good news, I have found that this product does that for about 4 hours before my oil will emerge. Also, it is white and creamy but blends in pretty good. It leaves a matte finish. I know Shiseido markets one specifically for the face and labeled it oil-free (smaller product for the price than this one; this is a better deal). This one for the face and body is not marketed or labeled as oil-free, but I could not find an oil ingredient on the long list of ingredients. So my assumption was that this was oil-free as well. The product felt drying. I did not use a moisturizer due to my oily skin (plus it states on the box that this "Contains moisturizing amino acids...Provides long lasting moisture for skin that is smooth to the touch...Can be used as a makeup base for a beautiful foundation finish"). Those with normal or dry skin will need a separate moisturizer. It also states on the box that this "Easily removes with daily cleanser." I found this difficult to remove and had to wash my face at least twice, and there was still residue. It might be best to use an oil-based cleanser with this.
Here's the bad, it has a very strong scent. Some people might not like this. All in all, I was using this product on my face for about a week and a half in conjunction with another sunscreen product that I used on my neck. I was trying to use this primarily for the face because it's so expensive, and my neck doesn't need to look matte. Towards the end, I did experiment on my neck. I am sad to say that I broke out in a rash on my neck. I wasn't sure if it was this product or just heat rash from the summer. I stopped use of everything on my neck for a few days to clear it up. When I tried to use this on my neck again, I broke out in another rash. It was clear to me I was somehow allergic to the ingredients on my neck, but my face never had a rash. I wonder if it's due to the fact that I exfoliate and use toner on my face?? But I was scared of it so I stopped usage altogether. I was so gungho about this product but am sad now. I hope it works for you. Good luck.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i have this in SPF 35. i am an avid user of asian sunscreen and i wear sunscreen daily. overall i'm pretty on the fence about this product. i like that it doesn't feel heavy on the face, doesn't sting my eyes, feels moisturizing, and generally doesn't break me out. however, i found that i can't use it on my nose because it selectively clogs the pores on my nose and produces blackheads. because of that, my current sunscreen routine consists of 2 products - asian sunscreen (anessa in the gold bottle) for my nose and the shiseido urban environment sunscreen for the rest of my face. because the shiseido sunscreen is moisturizing, it smooths over any dry spots on my face and doesn't accentuate the dryness / flakiness that my anessa sunscreen occasionally does. that being said, i do find it excessive to need to put 2 different sunscreens on my face, given that i can easily remedy the occasional dry spot problem i have with my anessa sunscreen with some moisturizer underneath. other things i'm not so fond of with this sunscreen is the need to really rub it in as it will leave white streaks if not careful. it also gives a weird glow that is not quite dewy and not quite greasy. overall, i would stick to my asian sunscreens but wouldn't mind using this if i had a tube lying around. i wouldn't run out to get another tube the moment i finish it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by xClairex547

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i picked up this sunscreen in SPF 40 at Sephora two weeks ago and i love it!!! I like that this sunscreen also protects your skin from the environment too. I live in a big city so there is a lot of pollution and i like that this protects your skin from that and the sun. I highly recommend this sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Lrosenb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product, both as a sunscreen and as a moisturizer. I know it seems a little pricey, but sometimes you can find it at a deal, and in any event it goes a long way. The feel of it is silky and light, it doesn't leave you looking like a ghost but truly protects and mmoistens my skin. I have had serious problems with skin cancer so I HAVE to take sun protection seriously. This stuff feels good, smells good, and protects my skin.

There is no down side to this product. I use it pretty much every single day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by ketu86

I asked my brother to buy me a bottle of the blue Shiseido sunscreen from duty free whilst he was flying out from Hong Kong, thinking it would be cheaper (which it wasn't compared to online). I should have stressed the "blue" more but he asked the sales assistant and she told him to get the urban environment one >.< so I was dissapointed from the start.

Anyways, I decided to give it a go... I cannot stand the smell, it's very florally but it's a floral scent you would expect from a cheap cream and the smell stays throughout the day. I might get used to the smell.... there has been another cream that I couldn't stand the smell of at first but now the smell doesn't bother me at all.

The texture is nice and silky and easy to apply, as I had expected though it left me shiny which is why I wanted the blue Shiseido sunscreen so I always have to powder afterwards. It is long lasting and moisturising although I apply moisturiser underneath as it's not moisturising enough for me (I have some pretty dry patches).

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by BadWaitress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a free sample of this at Sephora, and I'm so glad I didn't pay anything for it, because this is the worst sunscreen I have ever used. I put it on this morning after my shower and noticed that it stung a little and also that it was very perfumey, and in the time it took me to walk from the downstairs bathroom to my dressing table upstairs it gave me a rash. Tonight I have half a dozen fresh zits where the rash was reddest. Horrible. If your skin-or your sense of smell-is even slightly sensitive, avoid this one like the plague.