April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-Color powder shadow Trio for Hazels Almay Eye Shadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I don't have hazel eyes, I've used this trio for whenever I wore my colored contacts (they're Acuvue's Honey Brown color). I don't really like the packaging... it's just so cheap quality. The eye shadows are really true to appearance; There are no secret hues in them. They do make hazel/light brown eyes stand out. I find the purple shade to not be as heavily pigmented as the brown and the cream shades, oddly enough. The staying power is stronger for the pigmented colors (about 7-8 hours). Beware fall-out when applying -- there's a lot of that. I don't wear my colored contacts anymore, but I do still have the trio. I find the brown shade to be very complimenting for my skin tone and eye color, so I still use that from time to time.

The shadows do what Almay claims when it comes to intensifying eye color, but since I stick to clear contacts nowadays, the majority of the colors in this trio have no use to me. I never really used the purple anyway, because it's not very complimenting or pigmented. It's cheap and decent, so I don't regret buying this. I think it's a bit above-average for drugstore eye shadows, so I'd give 3.5 lippies, but I'll hafta stick to 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great trio for starting out. The colors aren't highly pigmented so skill is not needed when applying. I like how simple it is to walk into the store and pick a shadow that compliments your eye color and has the application layed out for you. Its great as a day/ work look that is natural and pretty. The shadows are soft and easy to blend. I have repurchased and will continue to repurchase. These have been repackaged in the shape of an eye but I like the original strip shape best because the its easier to fit a brush into.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by crystal105

I normally don't buy drugstore eyeshadow. But, this is something that I would be willing to purchase again; though, I won't have to for a while because it lasts forever. It's not heavily pigmented, but since I want this as a daytime shadow, I don't want a lot of intensity. It's smoother than other drugstore brands that I've tried. I also like the it has a bit of a shimmer, but it's not intense or sparkly. It keeps the shadow from looking flat, but does not give a disco ball effect. As the reviewer below stated, if you like something that's really intense, this isn't for you because you can't really even layer it to increase the intensity, but if you're looking for something that is cheap, applies smoothly and doesn't crease too badly, then this is a good buy. The colors are very pretty, though I can't say they do much to bring out my hazel eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this many moons ago when I wasn't really into makeup that much. It was a great go-to for daily makeup. Texture is nice and it blends well, but it is really sheer. It would be something that I would give to my daughter when she starts wearing makeup, but for the hard core junkie...I don't think it would please.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by mopig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good for a 'super natural look'... The powders were silky and smooth but went on really sheer, even with a base it looked like I wasn't wearing anything- the only way I got color was to use a wet brush. I wanted to like this product- the colors look great on my sister with dark blue eyes but horrible on my light blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

This is a review for the original “Almay Intense I-color powder shadow trio for Hazels #103.” I am saying this because I think it’s really confusing how Almay’s has a bunch of different versions of these with almost the same names. I can tell by reading the reviews that it is confusing.

Color break down: all colors are shimmery.
-Highlight shade = sheer cream color, with a yellow-ish base
-Contour shade = neutral taupe/brown with out red (yay!)
-Lid shade = sheer light pink

I love this! It is my go to everyday colors. Yes, they are shimmery – so if you don’t like shimmer, you wont like this. Also, the pink and the cream are sheer, but I think they are supposed to be. This is not supposed to create a bright, colorful look – so I don’t understand why people rate it poorly for being soft and sheer. The textures of these are AMAZING. They are so soft and easy to blend. They never look blotchy. I like that the pink is sheer because it makes it work well with my skin tone, which usually won’t work with pinks. But don’t get me wrong- it is not like it has no pigmentation – I think it’s just the right amount.

As for wear – I almost always wear with some kind of primer or concealer, and it always lasts all day, I have work without, and it’s still fine, but primer really helps bring the pink out some more.

I like this because it doesn’t require a lot of time or neatness, but still really makes me look polishes and pretty. The only thing is, I usually like to pare it with a matte cream shadow to sandwich between the highlight and crease shade to cut down on the frost a bit. This is my go to shadow for everyday – so it must be good because I have 2 drawers full of eye shadow, from high end to low end.

I got this in the set that came with the black pencil eyeliner and black mascara. I like the whole set. This also looks nice with a brown eyeliner, or a maroon/plum eyeliner.

My eyes are brown, with flecks of gold and green and a rim of green – so, they aren’t really hazel, but I think that is what is the closest. I have the trios for green and brown as well, and I like this one the best – but really it would work with any eye color in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just noticed this is actually the trio for hazels as I thought it was the trio for browns which I've purchased a few times before & the colors are quite similar. I don't like this set because the colors are too light on my skin & lack pigment. I applied it following their instruction & then blended it my own way & both times the results were unimpressive & barely noticeable. I'll pass on this trio.