Revlon Nail Enamel - Demure 229

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/12/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My all-time favorite polish. It's very pretty and demure and looks perfect on my fingernails. Three coats does the job perfectly.

on 5/11/2012 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been craving coral this season like crazy-- blush, lipstick, clothes and, of course, nail polish. I tried two of the most raved-about corals, Butter London's Trout Pout and Sally Hansen's Coral Reef and found them both far too neon for my taste. I hate the way overtly bright polishes look on me. I thought I would never find my perfect coral, then lo and behold: I already had it! I purchased the Demure polish on a whim during Revlon's Fire and Ice promotion over a year ago. I fell in love with the lipstick and thought I'd get the nail polish to match. I think the reason I didn't take to the polish right away, was because it was the winter and I gravitate towards grieges and purples that time of year. I am so glad I decided to shop my stash now, though because I am in LOVE! It is just a beautiful, light but not too bright coral. It really brings out my tan, too. And with all corals, I think it's important too note it doesn't have too much orange or red. It's a very orange-toned pink if I had to describe it. Both the lipstick and polish are part of the permanent collection now, if I'm not mistaken (although I'm thrilled to have the bottle with the cursive logo!)

on 2/22/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can't rave enough about Demure. It's my signature polish color. It's a graceful, coral-nude-pink with a dainty bit of shimmer. Demure infallibly goes with any outfit, looks great on both fingernails and toenails, complements my fair, warm-neutral skintone, and wears beautifully year-round.
It goes on mostly opaque in one coat, so if I'm in a rush, one good swipe of Demure on my nails is good enough, topcoat or no. It still looks best with two coats, though.
Demure also dries relatively quickly, takes about a week to chip (with a good topcoat, that is), and, for the amount of time I've owned it and and the frequency in which I wear it, hasn't thickened up in the bottle on me yet.
*Sigh* Limited edition, my butt. Looks like I'll have to scour the earth for a Demure substitute when I eventually run dry. ;____;

This is a nice color its like coral meets nude with a nice subtle shimmer. This is a nice formula too and looks smooth and even on your nails.

on 7/25/2011 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

LOVE this color, it's perfect for the summer. It actually makes you feel cute when you do stuff with your hands. I put a generous layer of seche vite as my topcoat and it lasts forever (as long as I'm not scrubbing the kitchen floor that week). If you can find this product, get it!

on 6/8/2011 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lets just say that this must be a pretty special polish because out of the 50+ I have this is the only one that I've done a review on. It's a very pretty peachy pink, sort of summer/sophisticated/vintage pink. It's a really good formula and it didn't streak at all. There is a very very slight subtle shimmer undertone that most noticed in the sun. I LOVE THIS COLOR!!!

on 6/1/2011 11:23:00 PM

I am loving this polish. It's a skin-but-better subtle color, a little retro, a little funky (I added some China Glaze Ginger for extra funk), not too girly or conservative. It's more neutral/toned down than other corals I've been looking at. I don't do bright orange polish but wanted to do the "in" thing. It's a fresh, very wearable peach with a subtle micro shimmer, just like Grey Suede has (another top 5 Revlon love of mine).

on 4/16/2011 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was a little worried about whether this shade would look too orange on me, but on my skin it is more pink/peachy than orange. The other reviewers have described this pretty well; a salmon pink. A very nice colour for spring/summer and looks very nice on my medium skin-tone. Like the other Revlon polishes I have, it dries fairly fast, had no problems with streaking. I topped it off with a top coat to make it last longer though. 'Demure' dries to a cream finish.

on 4/3/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Demure is a fun, flirty vintage pink with just a tiny amount of peach shimmer. I am smitten with Revlon nail polishes, as good or better than OPI. There is such an array of gorgeous colors available and this is one of my favorites. A must have for spring and summer!

on 3/10/2011 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this color, and in fact I'm wearing it right now. It's a bright salmon pink color with a very fine hint of shimmer to it. It takes two coats to reach the same opaque color as the bottle. This is not a unique color, but it is a very nice version of coral-pink.

I like Revlon's nail enamel formulation in the other shades I own, and Demure is no different. It applies easily and, with a top coat, wears well (about 5 days before chipping, for me). The product claims 10 days of wear, but it definitely doesn't last that long. I'm not sure I could stand to have the same color on my nails that long anyway!

I love the special packaging of this color, which is part of the Fire & Ice collection from Fall 2010. They used their original cursive Revlon logo. Being a sucker for anything vintage-y, I snapped this one up, along with "Siren". I love them! continued >>

Popular Polishes