August 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Demure 683

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lilysdoll

I love this lipstick. Its just the perfect peachy color for me. I wear gloss over it. I honestly will repurchase this. Its become one of my go to lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I ended up with this lipstick, because I was admiring Amber Valletta's lipcolor on the June cover of Allure Magazine. While I'm sure she wasn't wearing Revlon, the magazine recommended Revlon's ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Demure to recreate the look. Of course, the store didn't carry the Lacquer Balm, but they did carry the Super Lustrous Lipstick in Demure. I figured for $6.00 bucks I'd pick it up, and I'm glad I did. Although this is displayed with the peach and orange colors, it's really a peachy pink that is MLBB. This is that rare warm pink that looks great with red hair. I'm so glad I picked this up. I know I'll reach for it a lot. It's perfect for days when you want to look pretty without looking over the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by JazzyDazzle

I got this lipstick on discount at the pharmacy for NZ$ 4.00 which is a complete steal because Revlon lipsticks usually retail for around NZ$ 22.00. The full price is ridiculously expensive, but I would still recommend this lipstick at full price.
This lipstick has a sheer, slightly frosty finish. It is a gorgeous peachy pink with gold micro-shimmer. This lipstick is perfect for everyday because it is comfortable to wear and stays on for around three hours with drinking (no eating). I should mention that, even though it has a frost finish, it doesn't give you the dreaded frosty-mouth look. It gives your lips a very natural, healthy shine.
There isn't any detectable smell to this lipstick at all which is a plus for people with really sensitive lips. The texture is smooth and glides on easily. The pigmentation is lacking, although that's not necessarily a takeaway; you can reapply easily without looking at a mirror.
The lipstick case is your classic black and gold Revlon case which I really like. The top of the case is clear, so it's easy to locate the shade you want. The packaging is sturdy and looks very elegant.

Summary:
Pros:
- Smooth, creamy consistency
- Sheer coverage, mirror not required for reapplication
- Elegant, sturdy packaging
- Not scented
- Looks natural, perfect for everyday and all occasions
- Decent wear time
- Is not drying

Cons:
- Pricey in New Zealand and Australia
- Hard to get hold of in certain countries

Recommended to:
- Women on the go who don't like applying lipstick with a mirror
- Women on a budget or looking for good drugstore lippies
- Women with sensitive lips
- Women looking for MLBB shades
- Women who want their lips to look glowy but hate lipgloss

(and by women, I mean pretty much everyone. If you're a dude and you wanna wear lipstick, by all means go ahead :P )

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This pink is beautiful, light, not quite nude, a bit rosey, peachy. A couple swipes of this color and I was swooned with it's delicate, classic kind of beauty. I wish it was a little bit more creamy, the lipstick isn't really ALL that super lusterous, (why I took away a lippy.) I put on a little bit of chapstick with this lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by blushie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This colour is so lady-like, subtle and is almost the same as my natural lip colour, so I feel comfortable wearing it during the day. The texture is very creamy and silky, and it sits lightly on the lips-even when you put on a few layers, it never looks cakey or heavy, which in this case is good since it needs a few layers. This might be an issue for people with more pigmented lips than me, but being pretty ghostly white, I don't mind. Plus I love the texture so much I really enjoy applying it. I'm currently on Roaccutane (accutane), and it's so hard to find lipsticks that don't enhance or aggravate my dry lips even more, it's a nice change to wear something other than plain lip balm. I got this half price in a closing down sale, but i would buy it again full price, as it far surpasses some lipsticks I've bought from department store brands. I'm really sad to see that it's LE though-I'll need to start rationing myself!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Makeup Forever lipstick N37 Rouge artist for 23$ and i thought it was kinda pricy, i then went to walmart and went on a dupe hunt!
turns out that Demure is like almost the EXACT dupe! woo and itwas only 6-7$
yay for revlon :)

**EDIT: its extremly sheer i find, and i have kinda pigmented lips so it doesnt turn up well sigh :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by dlbaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I came across this color when I saw that Alexa Chung wears MAC Shy Girl (saw a beautiful pic of her with nude lips and smoky eyes). This color was listed as a good dupe, since Shy Girl is d/c. I have SUCH a hard time wearing pale nude colors. I am freckle-faced fair to medium but have lightly pigmented lips; thus lots of lighter color tend to make me look dead. I think I finally found a peachy nude that does not! Mostly creamy, slight sheen but not glittery (another problem with the lighter colors), feels good on the lips. Color comes out perfectly peachy pink nude without being too much of anything. Glad I found it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Demure: A slightly peachy/pinky/flesh color with soft golden micro-shimmer.

Texture: Very moisturizing, luminous, glowy finish.

Demure is NOT: Not frosty. Not very pigmented, but still too peach/pink to be nude.

Demure IS: A true MLBB color. Same exact color as my natural lips, but the luminous golden micro-shimmer add a pretty, glossy, glowy shine. Very pretty. Very natural looking. You could wear this alone with nothing else on your face, and it would look beautiful and natural. You could also wear this with a big bold eye, or bright blush, and it would look perfectly balanced. Easy to wear with anything. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by rainlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not too big on lipstick but I do love this peachy shade. Demure is the perfect everyday lipstick for me. It goes on smoothly and doesn't settle into fine lines on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I swatched 'Demure' at the drugstore I thought it was right up my alley - a peachy pink with gold shimmer. Unfortunately on my lips I had to swipe it back and forth like ten times to get any sort of color to show up and when it would show up, it just looked like an unflattering gold frost. The pros were that the formula wasn't drying and didn't settle into lip lines so I'll give it two stars for that.