April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Mascara - Hourglass - Film Noir Full Spectrum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by ceeryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

CRAP. I was hoping I wouldn't like this product.

I got this in the Best of Hourglass set because I was running out of my mineral veil primer and also wanted to try the N.28 Primer Serum (really helping my dry skin while on accutane) - they're pricey, but then I saw the set which had both primers plus the Film Noir mascara and a pretty lipgloss. The mascara got great reviews, so I figured it would save money instead of purchasing all the products separetly.
And I say I was hoping I would hate the mascara because it IS expensive.. but dammit, I just love it. I sometimes (foolishly) am quick to think that the bigger the brush, the longer, more voluminous it makes the lashes. Not in this case.. The brush is rather skinny, but the bristles seems to be densely packed -- yet they do the best job of separating lashes I have ever seen!
One coat is amazing and perfect for day time.. you can easily add coats for more intensity either upon first application or later on when transitioning from day to night .. and NO clumping! Thick, but not spidery.
The formula is nice, wet but not too wet, becoming sloppy. I almost always have to go back in with a q-tip to clean up smudges, which is a pain because then sometimes I need to touch up eyeshadow, which falls onto the lashes and makes them less black/intense.. NOT HERE.
I have decent natural lashes, but after curling them and applying this mascara, I looked straight ahead while tilting my head down -- and I swear, my eyelashes almost touched my eyebrows. But they somehow looked completely natural. MAGIC.

It comes of easily with coconut oil. I can't speak for the tube drying up quickly, I've only had it for a week, but I'll update the review should I find myself dissatisfied there. Honestly, I think I'll find cheaper alternatives to other expensive products I use in order to keep buying this. Think I found my HG mascara, unless of course someone finds a drugstore one that works as magnificently as Film Noir Full Spectrum :)

Lonnng review short: WORTH IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by xpudding

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara! I'm a contact lens wearer, and my eyes get irritated very easily. No issues with fallout or eye irritation with this mascara, and I love how long, thick, lifted, and soft it makes your lashes look (no crunchy, spidery, cakey lashes!). I only gave it a 4 rather than a 5 because I do find that it dries out faster than some of my other mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by StretchyElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this mascara! I like full thick separated lashes, no clumpy spider lashes for me! This mascara gave me exactly that, and it was nice and black. Every lash was intensified, and even when I first opened the tube the formula was never too wet or gooky. I've never had such great results with a mascara. My lashes are dark and long-ish already but really nothing to write home about...this mascara gave me extra-beautiful fluttery lashes that everyone noticed!
I'd love to say that it's my HG but it's far too expensive for me to purchase on the regular, but just know that it's COMPLETELY worth it if you're thinking of splurging. I used this mascara for as long as I possibly could; even when it was finally too dried out I washed and still use the brush. I used the mascara by itself and in tandem with some of my other favorites (Jordana Best Lash Extreme, Clinique High Impact Mascara, Buxom Lash) as well as with mascaras I hated and the results were always beautiful. I agree that drugstore mascaras can of course give you big beautiful lashes, but this blew every mascara I've used out of the water and definitely justified the expense. When I can I WILL repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by lilahtov1

Love this mascara. Does everything you want--volumizes, lengthens without clumps or hardening your lashes. My only complaint is its performance lessens with time. This is a mascara that you'll have to replace after a few months, not necessarily after you've used it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mexpert

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this mascara! Doesn't smudge on my Asian eyes! Holds a curl, dries very black, and gives a ton of volume and length!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. the best thing about it is that it does not leave your eyelashes crunchy. it doesn't clump either. it is very volumizing, and lengthening. i used to use Dior Show mascara, but I found it to be too crunchy. this one is perfect.

I found that when I first used it, it was a little too thin in consistency, so I had to layer it on 3 times, but couple weeks later, it thickened up (but did not produce clumps).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by claratea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG mascara, finally after so long I found a mascara that is dramatic but still defines each lash. Doesn't flake or smudge at all and I wear contacts and constantly touch my eye so usually all my eye makeup is smeared by the end of the day. Not this stuff!

Love the weightly feel of the packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by DrMH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my third tube of this product. It is priced at $52.00 (NZ) here in New Zealand so its a higher end product ( I buy from Mecca Cosmetica at Kirkcaldie and Stains). It is an excellent mascara. Not a particularly lengthening product, but it makes my lashes thick and lush, no clumping and best of all no smudging, smearing or wear. And I have tried more than a 100 mascaras on the market over a number of years (as I have problems with smearing and smudging) and this is the only mascara that has stayed put on my lashes instead of my face! I will continue to buy it. It doesn't dry out quickly in the tube, and with every day wear a tube lasts me about 2 months. One small thing is that it takes some doing to get off. I use good old petroleum jelly (Vaseline) and that does the trick.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by AngelaywHo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had such high hope on this mascara but it let me down I have to say..

It gives good length, holds the curl and defined my lashes but it smears after couple of hours, so it is a no for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite mascara that I've tried so far. I love that the brush is not too big and it separates your lashes beautifully. It works great on the top and bottom lashes. The formula is slightly dry, but I enjoy this aspect since it helps keep your lashes separate and it's almost impossible to make them clumpy. This gives me a very natural look with 1-2 coats, or I can build it up slightly for a made-up (but still not dramatic) look. It stays put for the most part, though sometimes if I'm outside a long time it'll smudge under my lash line a little (I have very oily skin though).