November 23, 2014 | 1570 users online

Cleansers - Eminence Organic Skin Care - Lemon Grass Cleanser

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by desertdwellr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the lemon grass cleanser from the biodynamic line. Let me just say that the reason I wouldn't buy this product is not because it's expensive, but because it just isn't for me. This product is labeled for all skin types. It's not. If you have dry/dehydrated skin, do not purchase this product. I have dehydrated/dry/combo/acne prone/aging/sensitive skin. I use Retin-A, and I get skin treatments, so I have to be very careful about over-exfoliation. With that said, this would be an excellent cleanser for someone with acne prone/oily/combo/maybe normal skin. Normal skin is a BIG maybe. It won't be an everyday cleanser for someone with normal skin. It is pricey, but 1-2 pumps is all you need. The 1.7 ounce should last you 4-6 months. It really is highly concentrated. If you are a first time user, splash your face with water, AND dilute this with an equal amount of product to water. If you just have oily skin than splashing your face with a good amount of water should be sufficient. I've been working with this because I bought the 3.4 ounce spa sized bottle. It smells amazing, and does a good job at cleansing the skin, BUT.....this can strip your skin. I use it once a week for a good cleansing. Do not use this with a Clarisonic (yes, I did). If you are familar with Eminence cleansers, they come with a squeeze top, or a pump, in a plastic bottle. They are also concentrated. This comes in a glass bottle (so be careful), with a pump that will give you a tiny amount of product. About a fourth of what the usual cleansers pump in one pump. It says to use 1 or 2 pumps. 1 pump was so tiny, so I used 2. This stuff is very, very, concentrated. It didn't burn my skin off, but it did make my skin even more dehydrated than it normally is. I've worked with this over time and it is an really good cleanser. It does an excellent job at cleansing the skin. It is not moisturizing, and it doesn't claim to be, either. It smells wonderful! I use it on my decollete area, and my face, when it needs a good cleansing. Since I started using Eminence products, I have had little need for my Clarisonic. I use my Clarisonic once a week prior to using the Eight Greens Hot Masque, and I use this several days later, and it just gives my skin a little mid-week perk up. I only use 1 pump, and I dilute it to about 10/1. Lots of water. I do not apply Retin-A that night, either. This rinses off completely, easily, and leaves no residue, but I have aging skin that becomes over-exfoliated very easily, and I have found with past products (a Suki lemon grass cleanser) that Retin-A and lemon grass products do not mix well, and no matter how well you rinse, there will always be a little lemon grass in your pores (but that's the point, right?). It is a nice cleanser, but the Blueberry Exfoliating Cleanser is better for my skin, and I alternate between that and the Sweet Red Rose Cleanser, and/or the Lemon Cleanser (I like to keep my skin guessing, or it gets used to the products, and becomes dull). I also have mixed one pump of this with 1 pump of the Sweet Red Rose cleanser, and lot of water to dilute it. It's okay that way, too, but I'm not WOWed by it. I'm not going to score it low because this would have done wonders for my skin in my 20s, and maybe, early 30s, but at 41, it's not an everyday product for my skin, and will not be in my arsenal of beauty products once it's gone. It does wonders for my chest, though, but so does the Blueberry cleanser, which is not as pricey as this product, and is 8 ounces. Heres the bottom line, if you have skin that is sensitive, and oily/combo then this product will most likely work well for you. It can be used by those who have roscea and or/sensitive skin. Those of us on the dry side need more from our cleansers, and this doesn't have IT. You know what IT is, if you struggle with rough patches, and 'the flakies'. It's a nice spa product. Used every now and then, it's nice, but that includes a steam facial, moisture mask, and face oil. It's a product I will use when I'm having an at home spa day, or if I suddenly get the 'greasies', and that only happens during the summer, or if travel to a humid climate. It is pricey at $58.00 for 1.7 ounces, but there are many products out there in that price range, and we don't blink an eye when we put our Amex on the counter. Beautiful, glowing, youthful, wrinkle-free, zit-free, skin has a price tag, and this is within my budget, but it's not for me. When my skin looks great, I am less stressed, and I can't put a dollar figure on that. If this is within your budget, and your skin isn't dry, then I say go ahead and try this.. If this isn't within your budget, then don't. There are products out there that are similar (Suki Lemon Grass Exfoliating Scrub, Eminence Citrus Exfoliating Wash) and do not cost as much. Get a sample first, if you can. Buynaturalskincare.com sells samples of this and most Eminence products, so you really can buy before you try. As I said before, I don't like to rate a product on price. If it's good, it scores. This does score based on my previous skin issues, but at 41 this isn't my product, but it is an excellent cleanser. I'm going to give this to my 15 year old, and see how he responds to it He has hormone raging, psycho, teenage skin. Will keep you updated.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No