E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.7

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 7/1/2015 6:06:00 PM

I really like this,when I sprayed it on it gave me a semi matte finish and made my makeup look fresh.I sprayed about 2 squirts of it,holding it about 7 inches above my face looking upward.It made my makeup last longer than without a setting spray.I like that it has nourishing skin ingredients, Aloe,green tea,cucumber and vitamins in it too.Took one lippie off because I wished it was a finer mist,when u spray a lot comes out.

on 6/30/2015 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This is a setting spray that I actually love. I use it when I've over powdered or if I'm feeling a bit dry. This feels refreshing, hydrating, and just nice on my parched skin. It doesn't feel sticky or tacky when dried. I don't have any complaints. I don't really know if it helps the makeup stay on longer, but just the hydrating part is enough for me. I would recommend. I will repurchase.

on 6/30/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Just bought this because of the great reviews I saw on YouTube. Some of the things people have said in the reviews are diverse - especially related to how it smells. But for me, it had virtually no smell. Many people complain about the spray bottle being bad quality and not spraying a consistent mist, so I put it in a travel spray bottle from Target as soon as I bought it and it worked perfectly (tip courtesy of YouTube review). This has been suggested as a dupe for Urban Decay and MAC setting sprays. So for $3 it's certainly worth trying to find out. For me, it's replacing a setting spray (Mary Kay) that costs 5x more and didn't do what I wanted. I have combination skin and with100 temps and the high humidity of the South, you need something more than pressed powder to keep your foundation from melting off and leaving brown prints all over your desk and papers. This product dried quickly to a matte finish and did not leave me feeling sticky. I didn't feel it at all. And I have sensitive skin, but had no breakout or reaction. I still use blotting tissues if I've been out in the sun and need to remove any oil from my face but the original finish of my makeup still looks great. I think the size should be bigger so I can fill up more than one travel bottle because it's good to have one in my purse as well as at home. so, if you don't currently use something that works perfectly for you, I'd say spend the $3. Most of us have spent way more than that on dozens of products that we didn't like and had to throw away. So glad I bought this.

I bought this on a whim at Walmart recently for about $3. I've been a fan of ELF products for quite some time, due to the fact that they're usually fairly inexpensive and they do better on your skin than some higher-end brands.

I wasn't disappointed. I've got combination skin, more oily throughout my T-zone than the rest of my face, and my makeup always seems to disappear after a couple of hours. I've done the tried and true mother of all tests with this spray: I put on my makeup at work around 5:45 in the AM, and then misted my face with this spray. By 9:30 PM that evening, my makeup was JUST starting to wear off slightly. The different nuances of color I had done with my eyeshadow that morning still looked pretty amazing.

I love this spray. I know a lot of people who make their own in hopes of saving money, but with the price being so low, it really is just easier to buy this instead. Also, I wear contact lenses, so I have to point out that this spray is contact lens safe...just be sure to close your eyes when you spray it to set your eyeshadow/mascara/eyeliner. I feel like common sense should tell you to do that, but it never hurts to reiterate the obvious.

on 6/27/2015 9:41:00 PM

I have very oily, very sensitive, very acne-prone skin and, in the humid hot summers of NYC and Washington DC, my makeup melts/sweats off in about 20 minutes. A few weeks ago, I decided to try my mini Urban Decay All-Nighter spray and I was shocked my makeup stayed on all day! When I started to run out of the UD, I turned to the e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set which I'd had for over a year but never used. I found it worked just as well! I was thinking of buying another of the UD/Skindinavia setting sprays but found that the main ingredient is alcohol, which I try to avoid, since it "ages" your skin. I just looked up the ingredients of the e.l.f. and see it does not contain alcohol, so I'm really happy about about that. I'm going to keep using this in the summers or when I really need my makeup to stay on through an important event. The cost is so much less and I have had no problems with the packaging. I prefer the smaller size since I travel so much and can take it with me. And thankfully, it has not broken me out.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to try it because of the price but just couldn't get into it. It smells weird and does absolutely nothing. There are some things you can't be this cheap on and a setting spray is one of them

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

While I have no other sprays to compare this to, it definitely did what it was suppose to. The first time I used it, I went back 10 minutes later to better blend my bronzer but I was surprised when I couldn't. The mist had basically glued my makeup in place. I sometimes use a tiny amount of foundation on my legs (with my Rae Morris radiance brush) to even out my skin tone but it always ends up smudging. So I decided to spray it on my legs and once again the makeup didn't smear off and my legs kept the uniform color I had applied it as!! Definite keeper, oh and did I mention the amazing price!

on 4/29/2015 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I saw a big ELF display at Walmart and decided to try this. I've never used a setting spray before, so I have nothing to compare it to except using no setting spray on my foundation. After cleansing, toning, base, powder, and eyeshadow, I sprayed this lightly over my face, then put on mascara and lipstick. I went outside and it was 90 degrees, so I expected my makeup to start melting off right away (I have oily skin), but nothing happened. This really kept my makeup in place. It's now twelve hours later, and apart from where I rubbed it off from using Kleenex for my allergies, my makeup is still set. I'll definitely keep using this. And it was only $3.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For $3, this stuff is a must-have for anyone! Whether you're a makeup artist or just getting into makeup. It has excellent ingredients that hydrate, soothe, and freshen-up your skin/makeup. I even have oily skin and i love this stuff! I use this setting spray when I wear cream-to-powder foundation that can tend to get cakey, or any "matte" foundation that I own; it livens up my foundation and gives me a natural finish. I also spray it on my makeup brushes when I'm applying thicker foundations and it makes them super blendable. I also spray some on this colorwheel concealer palette I own in which the concealers are very dry and hard to apply and look like utter crap when you put it on your skin; this spray makes it creamier and easier to use. The main performance ingredients are aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A, C, and E. It's 2.02 fl oz for $3 (at least that's the price at Wal-Mart). I plan on making this a staple in my makeup collection because not only is it great stuff on my skin, but on those whom I will be applying makeup (I will soon be a licensed esthetician). Many of my classmates who are makeup gurus say this is comparable to MAC's Fix Plus (or whatever it's called). I never actually thought I'd buy a "dewy" setting spray because my skin is so oily, but this stuff is just amazing. And, again, for only $3... I should probably go to Wal-Mart like now and buy all of them.

on 4/19/2015 7:45:00 PM

sets your makeup so well, and doesn't budge and when i look back at 6 pm at night after school, everything still looks so FLLLLLlllEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK

Popular Misc Beauty Tools