January 26, 2015 | 1392 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 3:32:00 AM More reviews by nailizz

Great product. Great price. It does what it says and gives a glowy look. A+

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 3:33:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I apply foundation with a heavy hand so when I'm done with my makeup, I look a little too matte and dry. This spray takes away the matte-ness and makes it look more satiny. I don't know if this is the case with everybody though. I read reviews that the spray pump was a problem but mine works fine and hasn't given me problems yet. Also when I apply this, I spray ALOT, like to cover the entire surface of my face and let it dry. I haven't tried other setting sprays, or maybe I forgot if I did, but this is the only one I've tried so I don't have anything to compare it to.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2015 9:37:00 PM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to try out as a setting spray but never really used it because of the horrible nozzle, which caused the spray to be misted unevenly and heavily. However, recently I have been using it to spritz my finger or a brush loaded with shadow, and have noticed that it prolongs the wear of the shadow and make it more reflective and metallic. So if you are looking for a cheap mist to help your shadows apply better, I think it is definitely worth a look at!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I still have a few ELF products on my wishlist, so when I saw this on sale and needed to spend a bit more for free shipping I figured it was worth a try. I don't understand a lot of the negative reviews but I tend to be lighthanded with my makeup and not that oily, so perhaps it's all about skin type. I really love the way this product looks when I dust their HD powder over my foundation and then mist this over it. It definitely gives a more dewey appearance to my look and I have had several compliments since I've started using it.

Pros: Sets makeup well, is good for misting brushes I want to dampen, goes on clear and I haven't had any problems with the pump. The price is great and it is great when I feel too powdery.

Cons: I don't always get a full face application and two pumps feels like a lot, but it still dries clear. I don't think this is a necessity, so I will probably use up this bottle and not repurchase. It's got a nice effect but it just adds more steps to an already long and expensive makeup routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not the best spray for oily skin if you are looking to set your makeup. It doesn't help you makeup's longevity. If anything I would use this before I applied makeup to moisturize my skin but as a setting spray it fell way short. The pump sprays a lot of product as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Total get-what-you-pay-for moment. The pump is horrendous, blasting large drops of this stuff onto your face, rather than a mist, and the product itself smells inexplicably like macaroni water. I generally like e.l.f.'s products, but this stuff is basically like liquid failure. Yuck.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Kelsfacekilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is really bazaar smelling to me, remenecent of cheese? it's terrible, and doesn't work incredibly well. not happy with this product but also can't be mad at the $3 price tag. when it comes to this you pay for quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Works well over a LIGHT amount of makeup - such as just foundation and a little dusting of setting powder. It starts slicking and distorting stronger pigmentation from blushes/bronzers/eyeshadows etc. Doesn't last for very long either, but while it does, it gives a nice clean glow to your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by preney

I can't stand the strong smell from this. $3 for a really tiny small bottle (60ml), I should say this is not a good deal at all. I would rather spend $15 to get a MAC which really does the job. I won't buy this again, but it does its cleaning job.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by billie999

Does not do anything. It smells kind of gross too. Honestly to me it seems like it's nothing but plain water in a bottle...there is nothing that it does to my skin that plain water being sprayed on me wouldn't do.

I usually love ELF products but not this. It was only 3 bucks so I'm not complaining. I bought this because it was supposedly a "dupe" to MAC fix plus...it is NOT. Of course, MAC'S fix spray is over 30 dollars and WAY too expensive for my liking...but it worked extremely well. It gave my skin a dewey texture that this stuff just does not. I can't even tell a difference when I put it on.

Will not buy again.