E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.6

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 8/1/2015 5:51:00 PM

I've been interested in trying a setting spray because the summer heat has been melting my concealer off my face (unfortunately, the A/C in my car doesn't work). My skin doesn't really get along well with primers so I thought a setting spray might be a solution. I wanted to try the UD primer but was turned off by the high price ($30 for a full size bottle and $14 for a mini). The ingredients on this E.L.F. one looked OK so I tossed it into my basket at the drugstore.

This does not have a strong scent. It does not mist, but sprays rather large droplets so you have to hold the bottle very far from your face to avoid ruining your makeup. It doesn't dry tight or make my face feel or look odd. I use 5-6 sprays to ensure even coverage.

Unfortunately, this product does basically nothing for me. My makeup wears off at about the same rate. I get slightly less oil breakthrough, but I still have to blot several times per day. Complete waste of money. I'll probably suck it up and shell out the money for the UD spray.

on 7/29/2015 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i like this for the price. i can't tell you if it helps very much but it definitely doesn't make my makeup worse. and it feels nice on, doesn't tighten the skin like my kryolan one does. I don't think it sets as well as my kryolan spray though so I use this when I think my face probably won't get melty (so for clubbing I usually don't use this but for dinner I will).
You know what, maybe it does nothing, I can't tell, I spray it on just for the feeling of security. i just feel more comfortable spraying my face with something, anything, after ive finished putting on my makeup. who knows why? anyway it is great for that

on 7/24/2015 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Terrible scent.
Made me sick to my stomach I cannot even explain the horrid scent of this.
To top it off it did not set anything

on 7/23/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I adore this setting spray. My favorite setting spray is urban decay all nighter, and I think this definitely compares. It helps my makeup last all day! I have repurchased in the past and will definitely repurchase again. I still love my UD all nighter but if I can find something almost as good for a faction of the price I'm all for it!

on 7/20/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff GREAT!! I do face painting at many outdoor events. I stand in hot humid weather lots of times. This mist is great at helping my makeup stay put. I have also used it on some kids who go jumping on the bouncy houses after being face painted and it really helped keep the face paint makeup from dripping off their faces!!
I have not used it as an everyday mist, only when the weather is hot and humid, but I imagine it would be good for other times :)

on 7/11/2015 1:39:00 AM

I have oily skin and this product doesn't set my makeup in any way, shape or form, nor does it do much to help with application (like if I caked on a little too much powder, it wouldn't smooth it out a bit like other sprays might). In comparison, the UD All Nighter helped with both, while the NYX Matte Finish spray helped set makeup for a few hours.

The packaging sucks. The spray comes out wonky, since either too much comes out, or none comes out (in the case of my friend's bottle, which won't pump at all). I had to transfer it into another bottle, which is just wasteful. It also has a light scent which isn't awful, but it certainly isn't pleasant, especially when it is hitting you in the face.

Since this product does nothing for me, I won't repurchase and will instead use the NYX spray or get the UD one.

on 7/10/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have no idea if this stuff actually can set my makeup for one reason: The packaging. The spray is not fine at all. One pump six inches from my face soaked my skin. The product was dripping on my face and totally ruined my makeup. That's too bad because it did feel refreshing and had no scent. Maybe in dry winter days I can spray this on BEFORE I put on my makeup to hydrate my face. So glad I only paid $3.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my beloved Urban Decay All Nighter, and came across this. What I like about this is that it has all kinds of goodies for your skin, similar to the Urban Decay B6 spray. But the packaging is terrible, to be honest. I sprayed over a foot away from my face and my face was still soaked and it took a good 10-15 minutes to dry. It didn't really seem to make my makeup last any longer either, and it kind of messed it up.

on 7/7/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff really is amazing!! I didn't want to review it until I had put it through a test and today was that day. I wore eyeliner, mascara, foundation, and concealer. I sprayed this stuff on twice and waited for it to dry. My face felt nice, cool, and fresh. Today was a hot, humid, and rainy day. I was outdoors during this disgusting weather and normally, my makeup will either melt off in these conditions, my mascara/eyeliner will morph around my eyes to give me that panda look, or my makeup will look like it's separating on my skin. Not with this stuff!! 10 hours later and my makeup is still intact and my eyeliner is still perfectly in place. Not to mention that I sweat a ton! For 3 bucks, this stuff is amazing and I'm glad I found it. Plus, it doesn't break me out which is such a plus!!

on 7/5/2015 10:09:00 PM

I've never used a setting spray before so nothing to compare it to. Butoverall its been 7 hours since I've applied and my makeup is still as nice as earlier. 3$ people ! You can't beat that.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools