E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.6

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 9/1/2015 11:32:00 AM

This doesn't work very well as a setting spray or a priming spray. If that's what I used this for, I wouldn't repurchase or give it good ratings. This spray is good for throughout the day to refresh your face or take away any cakiness that built up while applying your makeup. I also use this to wet my eyeshadow brushes to increase pigmentation, and it does an awesome job at that! play around with your makeup, not everything is limited to one use! :)

on 8/27/2015 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

my daily goto

on 8/23/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I never really got along with this spray, i found the scent awful, i thought when i applied it after my makeup it made my makeup way too dewy and it began to move and slip and slide undoing all the work i put into it. The only good thing i found about this spray is if you applied it before foundation it made it go on so much easier but any other makeup spray would have done that and so much more fora little more money, the main good thing about this product was the price as you pay for what you get and for $3 it's not much.

on 8/22/2015 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I became addicted to setting sprays after using an entire bottle of urban decay's all nighter. Unfortunately, I'm not able to purchase it at my sephora any more, so I decided to give this spray a go. This was my second time trying it (didn't use it much the first time). Typically, I apply foundation, spray this and let it dry, then top with powder.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Compared to the all nighter spray, it really coats my face and takes more time to dry, which I'm not a huge fan of. It does feel quite refreshing on the skin. I feel like this makes me a lot more shiny and oily as the day goes on. As for the staying power, I think it's fairly equivalent to all nighter.

I think the packaging varies in quality from bottle to bottle - my first bottle sprayed big droplets but my current bottle sprays a relatively fine mist. Neither of my bottles have had any smell to them. It's a bit of a crapshoot but for $3 it's hard to go wrong.

I probably won't repurchase as I think I'll try another high end brand that hopefully won't make me quite as shiny as this one.

on 8/13/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Before I start this review, I would like to state that results may be different for you
and that I have almost like 'normal' skin, but on my trouble spots, it's combination

First off, the packaging; 3/5
- The mist is not fine. Like at all, but I can deal with it since it's just a simple spray.
- It is not overdone, and the packaging is not bad for $3. Can't really beat that !!!

Second of all, the brand; 5/5
- By e.l.f, who does not test on animals (look it up on PETA if you would like to), &
- all their stuff are inexpensive but great quality. Mostly vegan except few brushes

Most importantly, the formula; 5/5
- I'm not 100% sure if this makes my makeup completely stay but I can definitely
- see the difference in how long my makeup stays and I think for $3, it's amazing.
- It leaves a nice cool sensation on your face which I absolute love in mornings !!!
- It has a light/medium scent but I don't mind because it's not completely bad lol .

Overall; 4/5 ❤ I recommend and will repurchase for sure!
Hope you found this helpful. Going to start wrapping it up here. Like if it's helpful.
If you prefer and really really dewy finish, I won't recommend but I think it's great
for an everyday makeup set for most people! I hope this helped, if it did, give it a
thumbs up ! lots of love, @ beauty.alleys on instagram / make it a good day today!

on 8/1/2015 5:51:00 PM

I've been interested in trying a setting spray because the summer heat has been melting my concealer off my face (unfortunately, the A/C in my car doesn't work). My skin doesn't really get along well with primers so I thought a setting spray might be a solution. I wanted to try the UD primer but was turned off by the high price ($30 for a full size bottle and $14 for a mini). The ingredients on this E.L.F. one looked OK so I tossed it into my basket at the drugstore.

This does not have a strong scent. It does not mist, but sprays rather large droplets so you have to hold the bottle very far from your face to avoid ruining your makeup. It doesn't dry tight or make my face feel or look odd. I use 5-6 sprays to ensure even coverage.

Unfortunately, this product does basically nothing for me. My makeup wears off at about the same rate. I get slightly less oil breakthrough, but I still have to blot several times per day. Complete waste of money. I'll probably suck it up and shell out the money for the UD spray.

on 7/29/2015 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i like this for the price. i can't tell you if it helps very much but it definitely doesn't make my makeup worse. and it feels nice on, doesn't tighten the skin like my kryolan one does. I don't think it sets as well as my kryolan spray though so I use this when I think my face probably won't get melty (so for clubbing I usually don't use this but for dinner I will).
You know what, maybe it does nothing, I can't tell, I spray it on just for the feeling of security. i just feel more comfortable spraying my face with something, anything, after ive finished putting on my makeup. who knows why? anyway it is great for that

on 7/24/2015 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Terrible scent.
Made me sick to my stomach I cannot even explain the horrid scent of this.
To top it off it did not set anything

on 7/23/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I adore this setting spray. My favorite setting spray is urban decay all nighter, and I think this definitely compares. It helps my makeup last all day! I have repurchased in the past and will definitely repurchase again. I still love my UD all nighter but if I can find something almost as good for a faction of the price I'm all for it!

on 7/20/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff GREAT!! I do face painting at many outdoor events. I stand in hot humid weather lots of times. This mist is great at helping my makeup stay put. I have also used it on some kids who go jumping on the bouncy houses after being face painted and it really helped keep the face paint makeup from dripping off their faces!!
I have not used it as an everyday mist, only when the weather is hot and humid, but I imagine it would be good for other times :)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools