April 17, 2014 | 1379 users online

Eye Shadow - Sonia Kashuk - Eyeshadow Quad - Brown Eyed Girl

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colors look so pretty and multidimensional in the pan, but end up looking like silver glitter on the eyes. And the glitter gets everywhere. Everywhere. Like sand and cat hair, the glitter went everywhere: my cheeks, my shirt, my hair, my car dashboard... I adore my brown eyes so I love the name, but this palette is an injustice to brown eyed girls everywhere.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

This caught my eye and I thought it would be really pretty especially for an upcoming bachlorette party I'm going to. I tried all the shades (brown, green, silver and black) but all you could really see is the silver glitter. Also, the glitter was everywhere... all over my face just after putting it on one eye. To top it off two of the four pans had popped out of the palette even before I bought it, but I thought I could easily pop them back in, turns out you have to glue them in. I don't usually review things if I don't like them but I thought this one deserved it. I might try another palette from SK but this one is a dud.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this eyeshadow!! At first I thought that the sparkles would only be on top but I knew as soon as I opened it that they went all the way through and I was in love! These are so pigmented and sparkly!! The colors go great together too! I bet I've worn these colors for the past week.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by nikkifox

So this product caught my eye immediately. the packaging is super cute and the colors are amazing. Off the bat, i thought they wouldnt be very pigmented enough because they are mostly chunky glitter and eyeshadows i have tried like that arent pigmented but this one actually was aside from the lightest color. so after i did my eyes, they looked awesome. i was expected a Ton of fallout with the glitter but surprisingly there wasnt much at all, i think the fact that i used a cheap little eyeshadow sponge tip applicated to contain the shadow helped alot. i wouldnt recommend using too fluffy of a brush. So it looked awesome for a few hours but i noticed that it did start to crease on me. i did used UDPP and put on my nyx shadow stick in milk so the glitter would stick a little better but i did make sure i rubbed it in comletely and i always use tose two primers and my other shadows never crease. i really liked it and will continue to use but maybe not for an 8 hour day or work since it tends to crease.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Marlena0619

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the first two reviews, I may be able to offer some suggestions to those who want to try this product and have a successful turn out!

This isn't your conventional eye shadow palette that you would wear to work or for an 8 hour day. These eye shadows are for going out or drinks with friends and will stay as long as you use the right tools. I used the Urban Decay eye shadow primer under these shadows and used my Benefit gel eye liner brush since it is creamy. There will be some fall out so I suggest you use your powder brush to remove excess glitter. After removing the glitter, then put your foundation on as usual.

As I said before, this is not to be used for long periods of time and is very glittery. It also can clump even with eye lid primer so allow some time to dry (maybe 30 sec or so) before opening your eye.

I hope this helps...I like this palette and would consider buying other glittery palettes from her for line when I go out with at night with friends.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WHOA. This is PURE GLITTER. I agree 100% with the review below - the pigmentation is terrible, you get no color, just glitter. It's a shame, because the colors are so pretty, they would be gorgeous if they had a satin/shimmer finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by courtinkerbell

Eh. This is my first Sonia Kashuk eye palette and to honest, I am not impressed. The colors looked gorgeous in the pan, absolutely beautiful but they are SO GLITTERY! The glitter fallout is ridiculous, it gets all over under my eyes and on my cheeks, it's such a mess! The glitter pieces get in my eyes sometimes too and it is really annoying. Honestly, I think the matte or satin shades from this brand would be better. Pass on this one. The pigmentation isn't that great, and it looks like you just put glitter on your eyelids. No bueno.