Sukin Facial Moisturiser

3.9

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Equisetum Arvense Extract (Horsetail), Arctium Lappa Extract (Burdock), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, Citrus Paradisi Extract, (Grapefruit Seed), Linalool, * Limonene. * * Natural component of essential oils.

Unfortunately, I think this might have been clogging my pores and breaking me out! I finished a container of this and then brought the Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturizer to try and have just finished that....I have only just realised now that these moisturizers contain Wheat Germ Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter which can clog pores and cause acne. So I think that I might have found the culprit!

*Pros:

*Contains some beneficial ingredients.

*Absorbs fast.

*Leaves skin matte.

*Has a nice citrus scent.

*Cons:

*Contains Wheat Germ Oil which has a comedogenic rating of 5 out of 5!

*Contains Cocoa Seed Butter which has a comedogenic rating of 4.

*Wasn't quite moisturising enough for when my skin was on the dryer side in winter.

*Contains Tangerine Peel Oil and Mandarin Orange Peel Oil which are skin irritants.

*Contains Lavender oil which is a skin irritant and can cause skin cell death.

*Contains Limonene and Linalool which are also skin irritants.

The Sensitive Facial Moisturizer is free from these skin irritants but still contains the Wheat Germ Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Pros:
-Made in Australia
-Fantastic shaped bottle
-Vegan
-Absorbs faster than most moisturizer

Cons:
-Smell is just too strong for me (makes me sneeze sometimes)
-Gave me acne

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First off, I love almost all of Sukin's products (skincare and haircare). I usually buy this moisturizer in the "sensitive" formula (with the pink and beige packaging). I ran out and figured, why not try the regular formula? Bad idea. It felt fine going on, and for the whole day seemed okay. However, towards the end of the day I noticed that my neck (where I had also applied the lotion), was developing an eczema-like rash. It was very scaly and red, and slightly itchy. When I got home and washed my face that night I saw my chin was very much the same as my neck, but with weird little bumps too. This strange rash was all over my neck and chin, moving up onto my jaw/cheeks. I was like oh hell no! lol I washed my face and applied my soothing night cream and my face instantly felt better. I am very hesitant to try this again and I know it was the lotion that caused this (I had not changed anything else in my skincare routine). I would be very careful for those of you who have very sensitive skin, as I do. This lotion also seemed to make me breakout a little bit. I would not recommend this lotion, but instead get the sensitive version. I absolutely love the sensitive facial moisturizer, it's super gentle, doesn't make me breakout, smells like vanilla, and doesn't leave me with any weird rashes like the regular formula! Like I said, this lotion seemed fine and I wasn't worried until the end of the day when I went to take my makeup off and noticed the rash on my neck. Do not purchase if you have sensitive skin at all!

I previously used the Kiehl's ultra moisturising concentrated whitening cream. It worked best for me but it whitens my face. While i enjoy having a tan and my body skin tone is not fair, it can look a bit awkward, especially when i'm having my self-tan products on. I was looking for another moisturiser with a more affordable price and found good reviews on this (the Kiehl's one is a bit pricey and it lasts for 4 months though). I get this at Chemist Warehouse at AUD 8.30 and I try the sample on but am not quite sure about it until I buy it and apply it at home after i remove my makeup. I totally fall in love with it, so i will list down the pros and cons of Sukin moisturiser:
Pros:
- Absorb quickly
- Lightweighted
- Makes your skin glow and captures the moist in your skin
- Good design
- Organic natural ingredients
- Cheap

Cons:
- Not sure if I like the smell of Vitamin C but yeah...
- Only in Aus

Further suggestions: this is a must-have in winter. I will totally be loyal to this brand.

Only one, but major complaint about this product - COMEDOGENIC!

I was looking for a good moisturiser (dry winter skin, but acne prone) and had heard very good reviews about this product, and whilst I'm sure it works for certain skin types (some people tolerate rich emulsifiers and emolients better than others), I would never repurchase nor recommend this to acne-prone skins that are prone to clogging as this moisturiser clog my pores and made me break out. I tried to use it several times and made sure it wasn't something else breaking me out, but I'm quite confident it is this moisturiser. I'm now using it up as a body moisturiser as body skin can tolerate much richer creams than face skin.

Also, if you look up the ingredients, several of the top ingredients are known to be comedogeneic, such as Sesamum indicum Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cacao Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, and Germ Oil.

Other milder complaints:
- strong, oriental smell, which was fine by me, but others have told me they cannot stand it
- also, only ever get the pump version as the cream is thick and is quite hard to get out of the non-pump bottle version that I have.

This moisturiser is great! It has mostly natural ingredients free of the usual chemicals that inhabit our skincare products. It absorbs very quickly however I took a lippie off because I feel like I need to double moisturise with this product as one application usually isn't enough. I have combination skin for reference. I prefer the sensitive version of this, I feel as though it is more moisturising, although the regular one smells divine like with all sukin products. This is my new go to brand, extremely cheap, environmentally and skin friendly! WIN!

literally my holy grail of moisturisers.

i admit that i'm going to sound a little bit like a paid sponsor (i'm not i promise, i'm just super keen!), but this really is one of the best moisturisers i've ever used.

a friend of mine recommended sukin because of how eco-friendly it is so i thought i'd give it a try, and i was super pleased!

i have a generally normal skin type with a lil bit of oil around my nose, so i'm not sure how this moisturiser goes for oily or dry skin, but for me it is great! it absorbs quickly (doesn't leave you feeling dewy and wet for ages) and leaves my skin feeling super fresh, smooth and just really really clean. i've used it both on it's own and as a part of a skincare routine and either way it's great!

pros:
affordable considering the quality
eco-friendly which is always a plus
no weird chemicals or anything
does the job!
smells nice (which might be a con it definitely does have a distinct fragrance, as do all sukin products i've found, but it's by no means a bad one!)

cons:
does not completely remove the oil around my nose (however that might take some sort of divine miracle tbh)

however: i do use this moisturiser with the toner, cleanser and scrub so i think it might be one of those things where you need the whole kit and kaboodle to get the best results, judging from other people's experiences.

overall though, 10/10. protip: if you live in australia, you can get this and most other sukin products hella cheap at chemist warehouse.

This moisturiser is really good. It moisturises nicely, I use it for day and have the Sukin night cream for night. I really like the smell. It is a good price (just bought my second one at Priceline for only $4.99 as it was half price). The packaging is super convenient (pump packs are great). It absorbs nicely into my skin and leaves it soft and raedy for make up. And I love that it is cruelty free, vegan and all natural. What else could you want? I will buy this for as long as they make it!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin, and will react to products in the most horrifying way, maybe I have skin which is not fragrance friendly or smtg, but I have no problem with this moisturizer or any product from this brand so far. I like how its non so greasy and the pleasant smell since greasy thick moisturizers are not suitable in tropical climates like where I'm from (and living in the city, all them dirt and dust sticking onto ur face)
I don't think you will get any violent reaction from this is you have sensitive skin like mine, though you have to try it first to see, but its wonderful and mild for me, which is what i like since i use facial products everyday, so a 5 star for me
As for the price, I'm always on the budget so i find this expensive, though it works well for me and it claims to be all natural and an import so i can't argue much
Mind you without all those chemicals and preservatives, some might find the lack of fragrance unattractive, and the lack immediate radiance and glow like other products will give boring, and without parabens (which I don't have a problem with) this product is advised to be used up to 6 months after opening, but if you're going to apply stuff on your face everyday then might as well go for smtg mild
Thumbs up for sukin from me

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I would say this is an okay moisturiser. Had better. A good option when running out of money and need an all natural moisturiser. Other than that, wouldn't buy it again.