October 21, 2014 | 975 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - color wheel eyeshadow palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I'm late on reviewing this palette coz I didn't plan to buy it while it's hot and expensive. I always wait for sales since I have too much makeup and nothing about this palette was a must-have for me when it came out. I got lucky to find a seller online who sold it for $20, shipping included. The packaging could have been smaller for travelling, but the design is really awesome. Though I'm not a fan of the shiny black, scratch & fingerprint prone plastic case for this. It can really look dirty and messy once you start playing with the shadows. For the eyeshadows, the colors are soft in finish, satiny feel and surprisingly pigmented on my lids over ELF Primer. I agree with the reviews that this palette would be perfect for young and beginners on makeup, BUT it's also very usable for women like me who would like the soft look. I can build-up the colors and I love how blendable they are. Using dense brush will make the colors show more. Overall, I like it and I didn't regret including it in my collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by LadyNicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the Stila Colour wheel as I'm really tempted with the colour range and it's offer at cheap prices (with quite big packaging and colour ranges) . I'm quite disappointed with this product. The colour of the eyeshadow not pigmented enough, if you're not using any eyeshadow base or primer, some of the colours will look almost the same. Also the colour tend to fade away at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by oliviamarie10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loooove this palette. I like the concept of a color wheel, as I like to use the color wheel concept in applying makeup to best complement my bluish-greenish-grayish eyes. So depending on what color I would like my eyes to appear that day, I will use the shadow opposite the color of my eyes for that day.

Anyway, this product is wonderful. The shadows are good quality and soft. I can even use just my fingers--rather than a brush--to apply these shadows. I like how they are not too pigmented, but can be built upon, depending on if you are going to be in classes all day; or the gym; or a night out with friends or a date.

The lasting power on these is great--at least 8 hrs with the TFEI as a base.

I especially love the medium mauve-ish color; and the lightest nude color. I like to put the latter on my lid; and the former in the crease. Beautiful, and not eyeliner needed for a gorgeous natural look!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Spard28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this palette as a Christmas gift, and honestly I wouldn't have picked it up otherwise. I'm not a huge fan on Stila's eyeshadows in the first place but when I received it I received it with an open mind. First gripe is the size, which for me is too big and cumbersome. I would have preferred it smaller, to me my coastal scents 88 palette was a little too big for my taste and this palette is bigger than that! The brushes included are awful but it didn't really matter to me since I rarely use brushes included with products anyway. Now the shadows themselves vary, a lot of them are really powdery , chalky and cause a lot of fall out however there are some that are nice. But the inconsistency to me is a big turn off because it makes too many of the shadows difficult to work with. Also the pigmentation is nothin likening they appear in the look book, even with a primer and even If they are foiled. Talk about false advertising. I recently tried doing the pink look and I found the darker and middle pink (which caused a lot of fall out) just blended together but in a blah way not the way u want them to blend. In the book, each color is blended but u can see their presence, in real life it just wasn't that nice. These shadows are just very weak, even the black which looks more greenish black to me is just so chalky and lacking color. -____- I would not recommend this or repurchase. U can get an 88 palette for around the same price with more colors and better color pay off. If i hadn't received this as a gift i would've returned it. -__-

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by princessmeliss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to have a rainbow palette made by a company as esteemed as Stila. Since I'd paid full price for my only other Stila shadow (kitten pan, of course) and LOVE it, I thought it would be amazing to try this many of their other shades at such a great price. I was disappointed, however, in how not-so-fab these shadows are for me. Even layering with Urban Decay primer, the lighter shades like the yellows and golds didn't show up on my skin. They tend to rub off by the end of the day and are kind of whispery-light, lacking in the deep pigmentation I'd hoped to play around with. I will keep trying as I don't have zillions of eye shadow shades and it's nice to experiment with new looks, even if they're a little subpar. Oh, and I have had no success with using them wet...they don't get creamy, just kind of shiny and then don't adhere to the brush (don't use the brushes they come with, they're kind of shabby).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Chellemakepeace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this palate I find myself going back to it again and again. There is also a get the look app!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i find myself disappointed in this palette, which is sad. stila always has these super soft, creamy, almost buttery eyeshadows that are a dream to apply. these, on the otherhand, are stuff & somewhat chalky. you get a nice amount of colours, so it is beneficial to have in the aspect. but in general, this palette just didn't wow me at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product wasn't what I expected, but it has turned out to be my favorite palette in modern memory.

I thought the palette would be smaller - say, 4"x4", not 8"x8". I bought it for my gym locker in which it does not fit well because of the enormous size. On day 1, I busted the palette's hinge when it tumbled out of my locker.

But.. there were lovely surprises about the palette. I expected to use the colors freehand, but trying the looks in the book has been fun. So far every look has really complimented my brown eyes in a way that is slightly different than I would come up with on my own.

Some complain that the colors are unpigmented, but I think they are the perfect pigmentation for me - I am fair and use before heading back to work in an office on my lunch break. I love how the whole range of colors - including teal - can be worn back to the office, which would not be the case if the shadows were much more pigmented. The book instructs one to use a wet brush for more pigmentation and that has certainly worked for me. I don't have eyeshadow primer at the gym and the colors stay really well into the evening.

I think this is a great value for those of you who aren't going for a shocking look.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by edentata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually purchase eye shadows in neutral tones but I wanted to branch a bit. I liked this palette in the store because it has a wide variety of colors but they are all still muted. I have very pale skin so I thought the muted tones would be easy to play with. The colors are gorgeous in the pans but they donít translate onto skin. I swatched several of the colors when I got home and the color pay-off was horrible. Being as pale as I am, I have never had a complaint on pigmentation with any previous eye shadows. I ended up returning this and buying a couple of the NYX 10 pan palettes instead. I am much happier with the NYX.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by shaiomay1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color wheel is amazing. I love all the colors and the little book that comes inside. I am always looking for new ideas for putting on makeup and this lays it out very easily. The colors could be a little more pigmented, but with a great primer/base they should be fine. Also, you can't beat the price.