July 25, 2014 | 1552 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - e.l.f. Studio 11 Piece Brush Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

I had been eyeing these forever, and I ended up getting these through Groupon with a palette for $20 (free shipping!) so that I could get the free shipping without buying a billion products on ELF's site. (I did not get the carrying case that comes with them if you buy them through ELF's site.)

I use these daily, and have figured out how to incorporate pretty much everything into a full-face routine except 2-3 brushes.

In general, I think the quality of all of these is just great. Whether you get them via Groupon or from ELF's site with a sweet deal, its about $15-30 for eleven soft and sturdy brushes. I have had them for about 5 months now, and I wash them about twice a month. Nothing has shed yet!

I want to review all of the brushes, but this is going to be crazy long, so I'm going to categorize and highlight (teehee) by my favorites, least favorites, and undecided. I also have a few brushes that I added to this kit, which I think are pretty great additions, so I will discuss those last.

Least favorite:
Flat Foundation brush: I feel like this is a brush I can eventually love, once I master how to use it on my face. I used it for liquid foundation. I found that while it is a dense brush, it is not big enough to blend my foundation out smoothly. (See below for additional info)

C-Eyeshadow Brush: I know this is almost a cult favorite, so this is going to be an unpopular opinion. I do like that this brush is wonderfully soft and dense; it seems ideally perfect for packing on shadow and blending it out... BUT it is big. I have hooded eyes, so its just too dang big for me.

Undecided/???
Fan Brush: I am no master at face products, and people have been saying that this brush is great for highlighter. I don't own highlighter; I'm not sure how else to use this brush, so to be honest, I haven't. I don't have much to say about this brush other than its soft and comes with a nice plastic protector to keep its shape.

Complexion Brush: This is a pretty big brush. I feel like it might be too big for applying product for me, but might eventually serve as a good blending brush. As of right now, I'm just not sure what to do with it.

Precision Brush: Ironically the other small brushes are very precise about what purpose they are meant for, except this one. I wasn't sure what to do with this one either. I have using it to blend lipliner and lipstick which works fine.

Standout Favorites (I have done/will do individual reviews on these!)
Powder Brush
Blush Brush
Angled Eyeliner Brush
Contour Brush
Smudge Brush

Additions-I think these make this set even more complete:
Eyelash/brow comb- handy to have around; I use it with ELF's clear brow gel.
Angled blush brush-nice for contouring, or getting a more precise blush application
Round foundation brush-I think this is better than the flat brush for blending out foundation since it's larger.
Angled Eyeliner brush- Super handy for cream eyeliner, but also for those liquid eyeliners with a good formulation but a bad applicator

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by gardnerK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got them as a gift. I love them, and use some for multi-purposing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These brushes are literally a steal for the price, not to mention that the brushes from the Studio line are AMAZING. They're soft, apply makeup well, are easy to clean and never shed for me. You will never need any other brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by vymichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

GET YOURSELF THESE BRUSHES.
E.L.F. Studio Brushes are my absolute favorite. They work as well as any other brush and they're super inexpensive.

I use them every day and plan to continue buying them... forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by DeiseDiamond

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased these brushes on the 6th Jan; they were delivered on the 17th and have been using them ever since.....and wondering how I lived without them!! haha.
I do find the price, (€46.30), to be quite steep, especially on a student budget; however, to get good quality products, you have to pay for them......and these are worth it! ;-)

I LOVED!!!! these brushes - They were exceptionally high quality,soft to the touch and came in a very durable case, which, on initially purchasing, I thought that I'd never use, as I thought that it'd most likely be flimsy, like most 'free' cases that would come with products. However, after receiving it and feeling how good the quality of the product, both inside and out, I can say, that I will most definitely be using it to store these brushes.

The set includes:
Concealer Brush
Small Precision Brush
Blush Brush
and a Contouring Brush

I've used all, with the exception of 3, (Smudge, Precision & Fan brushes), in my daily makeup routine. I am amazed at how well they applied all of my makeup and gave me a completely flawless appearance. (Compared to before, when I used my hands to apply my foundation and concealer.)

I find these brushes soooo good, that I have already re-purchased and awaiting on delivery, which should be here within the next day or two....fingers-crossed! :-)

I will most definitely be re-purchasing more in the near future and have already recommended them to some of my college friends and some family members.

Ladies, these brushes are MOST DEFINITELY worth it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by OnlyLuxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have two sets of these brushes and got both during a 50% off sale (which E.L.F. has frequently.) I love them. The quality is amazing for the price you're paying. Unbelievable actually. Better quality than higher end brushes I've had in the past. I've supplemented my set buy buying all of the brushes that don't come with it, such as the kabuki and stipple. I've had these brushes for around a year and have only had problems with one of the powder brushes. The whole head of the brush popped off, but I attribute this to nothing except a fluke and improper cleaning. I love the powder brush and bought one individually several years ago and it is still fine, even after passing it along to a friend. These brushes are a treasure and E.L.F. is nothing short of a miracle for the affordable quality they provide. Sure they have some products that are fails, but these brushes more than make up for them all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Marianaburgos

So worth it! A must!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by veebaby25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing! I feel like I got more than my money's worth! The bristles are so soft and doesn't feel cheap at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Wow ! I just received this wonderful brush set !! They're amazing ! They look soooo professional, I can't believe I've got them for only 15 bucks ! Totally satisfied!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by HeatSeeker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this brush set for 2 years and I love it. I feel it applies my makeup just as well as other brush sets have. If you a are a frugal beauty girl like me, this is a great purchase.