October 20, 2014 | 1917 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Iridescent Powder - Golden Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by TriciaK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love, LOVE this! It's an incredibly silky micro shimmery loose powder I recently tried at the MAC counter at the SA's recommendation, even though I wasn't even looking for a loose bronzing highlighting powder. I have all the Bobbi shimmer bricks and NARS highlighting multiples as well as tons of shimmery bronzer compacts. This is a pale golden bronze (hence the name)powder that looks amazing as a highlighter. I wouldn't recommend it for all over use by day but by night I'm sure you could lightly use it all over as a finishing powder. I'm sure it can be diluted down by adding your usual non-shimmer finishing powder to it and then be suitable for day wear. I use this on the tops of my cheekbones when I'm wearing a bronzey golden look. It really complements any bronzed look and I can see this looking incredible all over the lid for a sheer wash or as a base with contour etc.
You get a ton of product for the price but the container doesn't lend itself to travel unless you pour some into a smaller container for your bag. I apply is with the MAC 138 which is a large contoured face brush that I also love especially since there are no others like it IMO.
I can also see this making an amazing golden lip if you mixed it with clear gloss.
Next time you're at MAC, definitely give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by LashesLipsCurves

I just recently bought a new one after 3 years this product last forever ! It looks beautiful on olive skin tone . Leaves a golden bronzey glow that last all day ! It's a must have for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by aalley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has to be one of the best kept secrets Mac has. This product should be way more popular than it is. I love this highlighter, I have plenty of highlighters but I always go back to this one, it very pigmented and a little goes a long way, I have had this for almost two years mind you guys it also spilled and one point and I still have enough for two more years and its only $22 which is a reasonable price for the amount of product you get. Every time I wear this I get compliments and people asking me what it is and where I get it from, I wear this on the high points of my cheeks, bridge of my nose, chin, and middle of the forehead.

Granted this maybe to much for some people but I LOVE a good highlight its never to much for me but you can be light handed with this or a little more intense as kinds of like to wear it is beautiful.

For a party recently I mixed it with my lotion and got a STUNNING glow. I use it as an eyeshadow sometimes or I put in the inner corners of my eyes. For the women who are a little deeper in skin tone this is the highlighter for you. I am a NW43/NC45.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by sunsetbreeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I've had this for about 4 years and I still have a ton of product. I don't use it as often as I used to but it's amazing; I'll probably have it for another 4 years because the amount of product you need to use when applying is so minimal. I love the glow it gives tan/dark skin; just beautiful. This isn't glittery and all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by EstherR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is awesome. The color amazing, you need you use really tiny amount for getting the required result.
One thing disturbs me: the packing. I prefer using stick or pressed powder so I could take it anywhere with me. This box you have to keep at home, if you want to refresh yourself or take it with you for a journey you can't.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I agree this can be really orange and too dark if you over-apply (I'm NC40-42) BUT I have found so many uses for it to make up that I'm more than pleased.

I get really tan in summer so this would be a perfect bronzer. For now I dab a bit with my studio sculpt foundation and it gives me a nice shimmery glow. I mix it with body lotion to make my shoulders look sun-kissed and glowy. And I use it really lightly now as a bronzer.

This way I can use just one foundation and save oodles instead of splashing out on two foundations - one for day and a shimmery one for night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This would definitely have been one of the best investments I've made had I bought the full size product. This is packed with pigmentation and boasts a beautiful, radiant glow once applied to the face! As I have dry skin, applying powder to my skin increases the chance of obvious dry patches, so I have to be very careful when applying! As I only have a sample of this and was unsure if I should purchase the full size product, I can't speak much on the packaging, but it's good because it has sifter holes so you pick up less product. As previously stated the pigmentation is intense so maybe applying less is more... this is definitely one of my future purchases from MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Psychadelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this from MAC and after experimenting with different ways of using this product, the best method I found was to tap a tiny bit into the lid of my MAC Select Loose Powder, mix it in with a small amount of the Select loose powder and swirl it on my face. It gives me some colour on my face when I'm feeling pale but yet giving my skin a hint of shimmer. It is expensive in Australia at AUD45 a pot but fortunately I have a lovely friend in the States who gets it for me at half the cost! Also because a teeny bit is all I need, this will last me for years! Also when summer comes round, I can mix some of this with some baby oil and I've got some lovely shimmer oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by theaccidentalbeauty

This is a really pretty highlight for tan skin. I sometimes use this as eyeshadow, but it's usually used on my cheeks, forehead and the bridge of my nose for a glowy effect. The only thing about this is you only need a little bit, because if you use to much you might end up looking like a golden disco ball.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh this is so freaking gorgeous for WOC. I'm NC44 and this looks absolutely magical on my skin. I use this all over my face (right after I powder) for a radiant glow. By far I get the most complements when wearing this...My friends tell me I look like Cleopatra when I use this. A little goes a LONG way with this stuff so be careful or you will end up looking like a copper version of the Tin-Man. This is another product that lasts forever, I've probably had mine for two years and I have so much left. I usually don't wear this in the winter but it's gorgeous in New Jersey today (69 and Sunny in Feb?!?!?!?!?!) and I felt like I wanted to be bronzey. This reflects light beautifully especially in the summer! I do try to avoid dusting this on my T-zone. A little is OK since I never get oily anyway. Overall I love this and will completely restock when I run out :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No