July 31, 2014 | 1892 users online

Treatments (Face) - Image - Total Skin Bleaching Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This. Is. Everything. I first got this from my esthetician after a bunch of microdermabrasions and a lactic-kojic peel (the latter also with Image products) - I had had mild-to-moderate melasma from years on the birth control pill. Not only did the Image bleaching serum continue to fade my melasma*, but now that I'm on my second round (I do three months on, then three months off) it's actually fading this ugly solar lentigo I got at the tender age of 27. I have to point out the areas where my melasma used to be to doctors *twice* before they see where there *might* still be a hint of discoloration! Hee!

My skin is officially better than it was when I was 25. I don't know what else I could say that could be better than that!

*Note - I am pretty retentive about wearing a hat in any amount of sun, and wearing SPF moisturizer and sunblock. I don't know what the results would be if I tried to go out without sun protection, and I don't want to know.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was bamboozled by the esthetician into purchasing this after my light chemical peel for hyperpigmentation and I am so happy I did! This is my first serum and it is so lightweight. You apply it to your skin and it absorbs so quickly, you feel like you didn't put anything on your skin! The ingredients are hydroquinone, retinol, kojic acid, hyaluronic acid, vitamins e and c, licorice, and glabra root extract. In other words, a skin lightening dynamite. I've only used this for about 3 days, but the lightweight feeling plus the active ingredients makes this $31 US worth it. Will update later on how effective it's been.

UPDATE: After cleansing, this is my 1st topical application. Next, 5 minutes later, I apply Image Clear Cell medicated acne lotion. The bleaching serum keeps the spots away. And, the medicated acne lotion prevents breakouts. I alternate every other day with the acne.org line. I look like I do not have acne. My boyfriend is always touching my face. Let me tell you, I've come a long way in the skin department.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No