October 21, 2014 | 1779 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sonia Kashuk - Eyelash Curler

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I think finding the perfect eyelash curler is kind of hit and miss until you find the one that fits your eyes the best. With that said, this is actually the first eyelash curler I bought. Since then I have bought 3 other curlers (Shu, Shiseido, and ELF) and I prefer this one over all the others.

I am Asian and single lidded and this curler fits around my eyes almost perfectly. The length of the curler is about the same as my eyes and the curvature is just about perfect. Note here that this curler is almost IDENTICAL to the Shu Uemura curler. I have both so I compared. The length and the curvature of the head is identical. And even the clamps and the loops you put your fingers through match up O.O Though you can't pull the Shu curler back as much and you can kind of feel the metal scratching when you clamp down.

The pad of this curler is also a bit softer than the Shu curler, so make sure you don't clamp down on your lashes too hard or it'll look more like a crimp than a curl. I usually just clamp it on the inner most part of my lash once, and then go outwards clamping it down once each time ~3 or 4 times. I don't hold it there, just clamp and release. And these pads last for a loooong time (unlike the ELF pads -_-)

In comparison to the other curlers and why they all aren't as superior as this one:
1. The ELF curler is too curved for my eyes and the sides dig into my eyelids. The pad gets almost sliced in half after like 5 uses. Well, you get what you pay for
2. The Shiseido curler is way too flat even for my eyes... The middle of the curve pokes me in the eye every time I use it. The pad is nice and bouncy though so I might just take it out and use it on my SK curler once my SK pads are worn out
3. The Shu curler is my favorite after the SK curler. I have this one at home and use the SK one at school~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by snoopy68

I love this eyelash curler. It certainly does the trick with curling my short, sparse eyelashes. It doesn't pinch either. Easy enough to buy at Target. As usual, SK makes another good implement.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by wblassingame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This seems like a nice eyelash curler, it is probably the most I have spent on one, it doesn't pinch and beats the sally hansen one. I still want to give the mac or even the Shu a go if I can one day, but for now this works just fine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Have been using this for over two years now. Very dependable, sturdy tool; better than any other eyelash curler I have found at Target prices. Never pinches or pulls and no gaps between the clamp. Does the job!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by d2tree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am half Asian and have a less rounded eyeshape and straight eyelashes. I've been using the Shu curler for years but recently bought the SK curler at Target when I left my makeup bag at work over a weekend. Before purchasing, I compared it to a few others in the store and found it to be less curved from the overhead view. It most reminded me of the Shu curler so I went with it. Works great for me! No pinching or any other issues. I use with waterproof mascara to hold my curl. I curl (pump a few times, then hold for about 5 seconds) then apply mascara.
Mine came with a little clip containing refill pads.
To keep it clean I swipe my Ponds facial wipes on the metal and pads.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Shahtush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really well made tool. The product I bought came with a refill pad. It curls my lashes really well and fits nicely in my hand. I've always used a Revlon curler but I was unhappy with the last one because the pad frayed soon after I bought it. The SK one looks like it will last awhile.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I give this eyelash curler 2 lippies for being a decent eyelash curler. It works. I've had no problems with it.

What I DID have a major problem with was being able to locate any sort of pad refill for the thing. I looked high and low - Target, CVS, Rite Aid, online. It appears that SK doesn't make an eyelash curler pad refill for this product. I wasted money on a generic assortment of pads only to find that none of them fit this curler despite their claim that they fit 'most'. Then, I wasted even more money buying the comical plastic Tweezerman curler. That went right into the garbage because it was so bad. The silicone pads that came with it, and yes, you guessed it, the 2 additional refills I bought along with it are now in my Eyelash Curler Pad Wasteland. For awhile, I was using one of the silicone pads in my SK curler, but last week, it decided not to fit anymore. The corner of the silicone pad keeps popping up and out of the SK curler, making curling my lashes quite a dangerous activity at 6:30 am each day.

So, it is now in the trash. I no longer have the time or the money to waste on this product. I bought a Revlon eyelash curler at Ulta last week for $4.99. I've used it before and have had good results.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by JessJess23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have owned many eyelash curlers before. I've always bought the really cheap Revlon ones or basically whatever I could find because they have all always worked pretty well. I decided to buy the Sonia Kashuk eyelash curler at Target because she makes some great products (i.e. her amazing brushes) and I figured I couldn't go wrong. Well I was wrong! This is the worst eyelash curler I've ever owned. It won't curl my eyelashes and it's awkward to use! I pinched myself a bunch of times before giving up. I could only get the very middle of my eyelashes in the curler. I am caucasian with short eyelashes and normal sized eyes. I'm really disappointed in this and am going to have to toss it. $10 down the drain!!! :(

I do need to mention that I have the "Access Deluxe Curler". I think there was more than one at Target, so I just want to make sure I put the right information out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by minatothemoon

i bought this curler probably a year or two ago and i have to admit, it didn't really do wonders for me since i have korean eyes with pin-straight lashes. it actually works better when i use the combination of shiseido's base for mascara and this curler. it's decent, to say the most. it's not super great, but at least it works. i'm hoping to get the shiseido curler if i can get it behind my mom's back. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by RollingStones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually really love this! It works a lot better than my previous curler. It's well made and easy to use too. ;)