July 30, 2014 | 1772 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - The Beauty Encyclopedia - Eye Edition

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Personally, I did not really find anything exciting or rave-worthy about this palette. I got one at BigLots on sale for $3, so I cannot complain about price! I found these eyeshadows to be quite a disappointment. First off, the color pairing of these eyeshadows is just awkward. Who was the strategic "genius" who came up with these color combos? The palette lacks organization and also lacks base colors. Mostly, this palette is highlight colors and crease/liner colors. There are about 1-2 in-betweens, but they kinda fail. These colors are also of awkward consistency; some eyeshadows are as crumby as hell, some eyeshadows are way too pressed and cannot get good color payoff. It's like this thing was thrown together last minute using neutral eyeshadows from random brands.The color that I actually liked ended up shattering when I accidentally dropped the palette from 2 feet in the air onto CARPET. That's just sad. Also, the staying power is so-so; I have had fading problems with these shadows. This palette comes with a little eye liner, which is not too bad but is still pretty cheap. Overall, I would not recommend this palette to anybody- you can find way better neutral palettes out there than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a gift and I adore it. My one is different from the one shown, it doesn't have the two larger creme eye shadows and it has more dark colors. They are really pigmented and also last all day for me. I've had this for about a year, using on and off and have barely made a dent in any of them. It's amazing value for money. The gold and dark shimmery brown are by far my favorites, look amazing as a night time look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE this eyeshadow pallet. For the record, I purchased the one with purples, pinks, browns, and peachy shades. Some were shimmery, others matte. The shimmery ones are gorgeous, and the matte ones are spectacular as well. And for $5, it's a steal! It's perfect for everyday use, but you can definitely create a night look with this pallet. It has everything I need, I hope they keep selling it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the version without the cream shadows. I have never seen so little color payoff, particularly on the lighter shades. Also, they are crumbly and dusty. Some of the darker colors may work as a contour or outside corner shade. I will probably have fun experimenting with this, but if it had cost more than $5, I'd be returning it. One pleasant surprise--I started to toss the little eye pencil, but I drew a line on my hand and it actually had some staying power! EDIT: after playing with this for a few days, some of the darker colors are really quite nice for crease shading or using on the outer corner. Some are just too dusty/shiny, but the pans I like can easily be removed, they are just glued on. I plan to pull out the useable ones and put them in a separate pallette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love elf products, i really do. the palette that i have is a little different.. there was no cream shadows, but it did come with eyeliner. the colors are great and with a good primer they last all day. the thing that sucks about elf is finding a place to buy it when it's not christmas time! walgreens has a few right now. they are super gorgeous and versatile. i have yet to try anything i didn't like for the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 7:21:00 AM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is horrible.
I don't even like the colors. They looked better on swatches.
These eye shadows are so powdery, they only make a big mess and these darker shades are spreading all over the palette and smudging the light shades too. I have eye shadow and shimmer all over my hands when I open the case and after applying color on my eyelids I have eye shadow fallout and shimmer all over my face too.
I only bought this palette because of all the hype on Youtube and I was really disappointed, because it wasn't worth the hype.
I can't wear any cream eye shadows, because they crease on me in 30 minutes even with primer, so I knew I wouldn't wear these cream shadows, but still I was disgusted about the consistency of them. One of them looked like it had water or oil drops on the surface when I opened the case and they felt like vaseline when I touched them. They were like melted and it wasn't even hot weather.
This palette is totally unwearable for me. Lighter shades are poorly pigmented and darker shades don't blend nicely.
I'm going to throw this palette away. I gave it many tries, but today I finally got enough, because I had to re-apply my face make up after failing to remove the fallouts of these eye shadows from my cheeks.
The worst fail from ELF in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by malloryelise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My version is a bit different than the one shown, without the creme shadows, but I absolutely love this product.
The only problem I have with it is that the shimmery eyeshadows aren't as pigmented as the matte ones. But I adorable the matte ones, and my mom says it was extremely inexpensive. As for the little wand, I only use my fingers anyway for a natural look, and it even comes with ways to mix and match. And I love the gold shade, just putting it at the corners of my eyes. Amazing. ^_^

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this at Target on clearance for maybe $2.50. This was before my infatuation with ELF products...I was always only a h/e makeup user until I bought a house, had bills, and needed to watch the money I spent on things I really didn't need (makeup is one of those things...I have enough that I never really NEED more!).

So, picked this up just because it was neutrals, and took it home. It sat on a book case for 3 months because I came on here and checked the reviews and figured it would be crap because of all the negativity. I was really looking for a good cheapo travel palette and I'm on this kick now where I've been taking all my palettes and forcing myself to use one for a look until I go through them all. I reluctantly pulled out this palette and I was so surprised....I LOVE it! The colors are very pigmented (my palette is all shadows, no cream shadows), and blend very nicely! You probably want some primer underneath, because I can see these fading, but 12 hours after I used my TFSI, my eyes looked great!!!

LOVE!! This is going to be my solo travel palette...i love it, neutrals are always in style, and if I break it I won't be too upset!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by annetick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was probably worth the $5 I paid for it, but not much more. I got the version that came with powder shadows, two cream shadows, an eyeliner pencil, and a brush. The powder shadows were ok, but inconsistent. Some of the colors were smooth and highly pigmented while others were not. They also break easily and have tons of fall out, which inevitably gets into the cream eyeshadow. Speaking of which, I tried the cream shadow, and while it looked cool at first, it melted off after about 30 minutes. Same with the eye pencil. It went on nice and smooth, but was gone just as quickly. It might have been worth $5 to pick up a couple of the powder shadows, but I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByEm

I got this as a present from my parents, and I really love it! It's not the highest quality, but it certainly works. As long I have a nice, good-coverage primer on, it lasts until after school and stuff. Some of the colors are super bold & highly pigmented, while others are just more neutral. I love this palette because I can open it up and find every shade that I need. I use some of the lighter colors as my brow bone highlight, and it works very well!

Overall, I liked this product. I might buy it again, but I like to try out new stuff so I don't end up buying something twice very often.