BeneFit Cosmetics Magic Ink Liquid Eyeliner

on 8/22/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's an average eyeliner, but I definitely would not buy it again. The brush is weak, and the black doesn't seem to be black enough, if that makes any sense. I love having fun doing winged eyeliner, and the brush is not versatile.

on 4/23/2014 9:17:00 PM

This product is pretty great. It applies very easily and the product lasts a long time. It stays on all day even on my oily lids without primer.

on 2/7/2014 2:10:00 PM

I just bought this the other day and was super excited because it was on sale, and I saw lots of good reviews. Unfortunately, this was a disappointment.

The formula reminds me of Loreal Lineur Intense or Maybelline Line Stiletto. Its the type that once it dries, it stays pretty well, and ends up flaking off instead of smudging off. Unforunately, this is also the reason I was disapponted in this. About 3 hours into wearing this, my wing is already starting to deteriorate. It is cracking and flaking off around the edges. Another downside is that the brush does not have a nice point. The hairs are not well dispersed at the tip and they do not all meet up together so it looks kind of jaggedy so no matter what angle I use it at, I can't seem to get a crisp edge at the wing. The formula is also very thick and goopy so you have to redip to get enough product at the tip to draw your line. It dries quickly which is both good and bad. Its good because you don't have to stand there awkwardly trying your best not to blink while it dries, but its bad because if you try to draw over your line, sometimes it ends up removing the line because its partially dry (and it flakes off when it dries). I am very satisfied with the color and finish of the product though - it is very dark, and semi matte. For those of you who are wondering, this is definitely not waterproof. It comes off easily with water.

The packaging is ok. It looks kind of cheap. Overall, this was a major disappointment, especially given the price point. For that type of performance I am much happier with other drugstore eyeliners. I'm going to return this one.

on 12/31/2013 10:54:00 AM

Definitely the best liquid eyeliner. super black and the brush is very thin. May not be for inexperienced because of brush, but I love

on 12/4/2013 4:28:00 PM

I was looking for something to replace the stila smudge pots that I found were drying out too quickly and picked this one up based on the reviews. It's just not for me really. It's okay, but I'm not going to buy again. I'm not a fan of the liquid pot type liners. The brushes seem harder to control and messy. Just everything about this was average for me.

on 6/24/2013 4:01:00 PM

I have not had good luck with this eyeliner. I got it as a present and was super stoked because I love benefit products. But not this one! It is constantly flaking off, after a few hours it looks terrible. My sister also had the same experience I did. Maybe I am just using it wrong or something but I will not buy it again!

on 3/30/2013 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

At first I hated this eyeliner and now I can't remember why! I love it now. It is super black and pigmented and the brush is thin enough to create thin or thick lines. I feel it is super easy to use and dries quickly. Once it is dry it doesn't budge all day long. Definitely a re-purch. :)

on 3/8/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Eyeliner junkie here, have been using liquids for 20 yrs now and found the quality or brush style liners to have dramatically fallen, as well as for brush style liquids to gone the way of the dodo bird. That said, this product is like a flash back to my younger days of simplistic joy with *just* a liquid liner. Easy to apply, brush is neither too thick nor too flimsy (most companies seem to load up the brush with too many poor quality bristles instead of a few high quality ones, not so with this). Thin brush that layers the lines up for increasing gradation in the line. Easy to make flicks for a subtle cat eye. Perfect shade of black, deep without being too harsh. Not matte, not particularly glossy either, so perfect for work. Does not flake, smudge or smear by the end of my 13 hr nursing shift, still looks impeccable and crisp. Easiest product I have found in many many years, worthy of stockpiling. Please don't ever discontinue this gem!

on 2/18/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently switched from Eyeko to Benefit eyeliner after hearing amazing things (and seeing the reviews on here). It definitely lives up to the hype - very smooth and the brush is very good. Even in a hurry, it makes a perfect shape.

It is a deep black shade that cheaper eyeliners can't give and lasts a fairly long time - maybe about five hours without touch-ups but it is worth carrying it because it won't last, untouched, a whole working day.

It is quite expensive, 14.50 in England, but I think it is worth the price and when it runs out I will not hesitate to buy a new one...

on 2/17/2013 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The best liquid eyeliner of all times. I've always worn Mac's Penultimate eyeliner because it's ridiculously easy to apply. I got Benefit's Magic Ink on a trip to the Uk recently (for 14 pounds) and I'm actually surprised at how easy and smooth it is. It's the prettiest black I've seen in eyeliners and does not fade at all!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products