October 24, 2014 | 1675 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Head Kandy Hair Extensions

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by angiegirl25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all this is no longer Headkandy hair, it's by Dirty Looks and wow what a (horrible) difference and I've tried a lot of hair extensions. These are some of the worst extensions I've ever had. I'm talking Ebay bad mkay...I question wether it's not mixed with a synthetic blend because they are a tangled up nasty mess. They smell, don't hold a curl and do nothing but matte. I literally wore them twice and after the second time threw them back in the box and haven't touched them since. Which is heartbreaking considering the money you drop on them. I ended up going to Sallys and buying Eueronext which are surprisingly really nice. Girls don't waste your hard earned money like I did, get foxy locks, get Euronext but don't don't don't buy these. The only thing nice is the packaging!!!! (I got the dark brown in case anyone was wondering.)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by fatima1087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alright! so I'm not sure whether i'm supposed to leave review here or not! Because my review is mainly about the website and the delivery since i STILL dont have the hair to compare!
I have previously ordered the quad weft just to add a little bit of volume to my hair and i have to admit it was perfect! soft hair! enough hair! and it came in no time!
HOWEVER! i have ordered a whole set this time and its been almost a month and NOTHING! i'm sick of writing them back and forth! again nothing!
EASIEST thing is they contact the carrier but they won't asking me to check around local post (which i did)...
so as friendly as they might seem they wont actually do anything rather helpful other than a few sweet words here and there!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Msbambi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG! I am soooooo disappointed. I have previously ordered from Headkandy.co.uk and I was super impressed. They were soft, silky, the colour matched perfectly and they reflected light in a way the only healthy hair can (I'm a hairstylist - I know healthy hair when I see it!). So anyway the initial length was too long for my hair. I tried them out once - for 5 minutes at home,and then put them away in their original packaging to wear when my hair finally gets long enough. I decided to get a slightly shorter length. Again - perfect quality - this was in June 2013.

Since it was my first set of extensions they obviously took a bit of a beating (trial and error of a first time extension user I suppose). Anyhow I decided to get another set. When I entered the website address into the browser it came up as an unfound domain name or similar. I nearly sheds a tear lol. Googled headkandy and and a "dirtylooks" website popped up. I saw that they had hk extension. I hoped that they were the original headkandy extensions I adored. To be sure I sent them an email asking what's going on. I got a prompt reply telling me that the extensions were exactly the same only that dirty looks now distribute them. I was relieved - I was a FOOL!

So I ordered the exact same set as before, and they arrived yesterday! When I opened the box marked HK I Was surprised to find that there was something slightly off about the packaging. The hair net had a hole and it seemed that some of the hair had been trapped in the seal. It's nothing major but compared to the previous packaging it was definitely substandard. So anyway I opened the test strand. What immediately struck me was the smell. Girls, it was the smell of cheap! You know, the same smell as mass produced clothing etc. how could this be!? I didn't pay for cheap! I paid for top quality! I'm from South Africa the rate of exchange was, at time of purchase 18,89ZAR-1£ and I paid 99,99£. That is the equivalent to minimum wage salary in SA, my friends! It gets worse - they felt awful! Dry as the Sahara desert and I could see they had the potential for matting more than Mary's little lamb! Also some of the hair looked like it had been singed. I doubt whether or not the are even 100% real human hair extensions! I compared them to my previous extensions, the ones I stored - in perfect condition - these are definitely second rate in comparison. No shine. No silky feel. Just broken hair and tangles!

It took me a long time to research the best quality brand of extensions! It's not an easy task either, because anyone can write a false review! So I'm totally lost now - back to the drawing board!
I will definitely be returning these crap extensions! And I'll also definitely be emailing them to have a good rant! I do not take lightly to liars who want to steal my money! I pay extra for quality and that's what I expect!

PS I am a real person with no affiliation to any hair extension company! Consumers need to stick together with regards to phony reviews and bogus promises from money hungry, lying companies! SAVE YOUR MONEY GIRLS - RATHER PAY ONCE FOR QUALITY THAN PAY TWICE FOR INFERIOR, LOW-GRADE PRODUCTS!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by jessicatherabbit

I bought some Headkandy hair extensions on recommendation from my sister in law who has had every kind of permanent and clip in hair extension money can buy. I got them in paparazzi blonde 16-18 inches, which blends perfectly with my hair colour. When I first got them and put them in (as a total extension newbie mind you) I felt they looked too thick and obvious and very heavy as I have (a medium amount of) fine hair and it was a very odd feeling. With that I actually left them for ages meaning to take them to the hairdresser to ask them to cut/layer them to suit me better, well I wish I had done that sooner!!! As soon as I did that I have been in love with them ever since!! I only wear them on the weekend or when I am going to something because I'm not really bothered with wearing them every day and also I figure this way they will last even longer. They are gorgeous extensions and I have often had people that haven't seen me in awhile just comment how long my hair had gotten, not realising I had extensions in! I am thinking about getting them in a longer length too now! I don't really know why they changed their name to dirty looks though I actually like the name head kandy much better and they have a good reputation under that name. Weird.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by MsFernandez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I may possibly be one of the only reviewers of this product that doesn't either work for Head Kandy, or a rival extension company lol. It seems to be overrun with people that have only 1 or 2 reviews and left them on the same day they created their account... And have not visited MUA since. Interesting.

So I bought a full set of "Butterscotch" 20-22" extensions back in 2011. First of all the color was a PERFECT match for my hair. The Head Kandy customer service was really helpful and prompt in helping me pick a shade. I emailed them some pictures and they responded the next day. Unfortunately, I emailed them a picture of my hair THE DAY I got it colored and it always darkens a few shades a couple days after coloring, so their initial suggestion was too light. My fault though, not theirs. They send you this great test weft with the set, so you can tell right away if the color is going to blend, without having to rip open the whole thing (and forfeit the ability to return.) I ordered a new set and then returned the old set so I wouldn't have to wait for the whole exchange process, and I had zero problems with the refund.

The extensions are still going strong 2 years later. I do take extremely good care of them though... I occasionally do protein treatments on them, and I deep condition with biolage conditioning balm + heat. I use heat protectant and store them carefully. I have not had any problems with shedding at all. They are extremely thick and strong, and honestly way more hair than I really need. I usually only wear half the wefts. I really like the triple weft, but it gives me a headache, so if I plan on wearing it I have to take an 800mg Motrin before I put it in lol. I haven't used any of the other popular clip ins so I can't really offer any comparatives, but I can say that I don't plan on trying any other brands either, cuz im really happy with these. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by louodonnell

EXPERIENCE WITH FOXY LOCKS AND HEADKANDY/DIRTYLOOKS.

I bought the 'HK Full Head Hair Extensions' and absolutely love them.

QUALITY *****
The quality for a starter is brilliant to start with. The hair is really silky, soft and smooth but doesn't look fake. The hair is also extremely thick which is what I love the most about them. I have not washed these extensions yet so I have no idea what they are like after a wash but since I do not wear them on a day to day basis I do not feel like I'll need to wash them for a long time. I feel that the hair quality is about the same as the foxylocks hair extensions but maybe slightly stronger. Only slightly.

COLOUR *****
The colour is the reason why I bought these extensions. It was between Headkandy/Dirtylooks and Foxy locks. The reason I went with these over foxy locks is because I remember when I ordered foxy locks before the hair colour was very yellow and unnatural which I didn't like the look of at all. If you're blonde I recommend getting these over foxylocks. I feel that these hair extensions are better in that the clips stay in better too When I ordered them I ordered them in 90's Blonde which was the colour that I wanted to dye/bleach my hair.

SMELL ****
The smell of them isn't really as noticeable as foxylocks. There is still a noticeable smell of the hair not being your own however you can obviously change this with hair products and perfume.

PRICE *****
I gave the price 5* because I have bought hair extensions up to £100 which I was told wasn't a lot. I had the microbead weft ones but because I didn't spend much on them the quality was absolutely awful after a few wears. I bought clip ins because I wanted the option to take them out even though it's very time consuming and because then you're not forced to wash or heat damage them with my hair dryer after a shower. I don't even have to use serum on these. The price is fantastic for the thickness of the hair. When I bought the foxy locks hair extensions I bought the cheapest ones which were £59 however I felt personally that these were not thick enough at all for my hair. There was not enough hair in the clip ins basically that I needed though that's because I have a lot of hair. With the headkandy full head hair extensions you get more for £69.99 which is less for the amount of hair.

I recommend headkandy to everyone unless you want to save a bit of money and have less hair. If you are struggling to choose between the two and are blonde then I definitely recommend getting the headkandy ones since the colours are a lot cleaner.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by bababailey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got these extensions, and it took 22 days to get them. They are in different country from the U.S. so maybe this is to be expected. The quality was like any other, until I washed them. The hair because so coarse, that it was hard to brush them. And I dunno if they became the name "Dirty Looks" now? But when you go to their website, it forwards to a website with extensions called "Dirty looks". Who knows, don't care. Dont want them.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by xraevicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The have terrible customer service. They sent me the wrong color and wouldn't even admit to it. I ordered black brown (organic) and got a brown instead. I sent them photographs to prove this, but they said it looked correct. I mean how do I order black and get brown! Ridiculous. They wouldn't work with me so I kept them. I don't recommend them to anyone who is looking for accuracy. They will steak from you too. Kept your money or go somewhere else!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Lovelymarina

I purchased headkandy extensions last August and let me say I have been very disappointed by them. I am a hair extension junkie I have been purchasing clip in extensions for 6 years now I have tried tons of different brands that have lasted me anywhere from 3 months to a year and a half. so when I saw headkandy had 22" extensions with 180 grams of hair I had to try them (I have really thick hair so I need the extra grams) for the first 2 months they were great and held up fine then they started to fall apart and shed like crazy! The amount of hair that sheds from them is disgusting if you buy them be prepared to be vacuuming or sweeping constantly. I have a background in cosmetology so I take top notch care of my extensions using only exstenions friendly styling tools and products on them but surprise surprise they still shed and they dry out over time. Another thing I have been disappointed about is they tangle easily too as well as they don't straighten very well. I guess the only positive thing I can say is they have held the length fine just not the thickness which I need because nothing is more unnattractive than thin extensions on someone with thick hair it starts to look like a mullet. Needless to say take it from me if you want to spend the money don't buy these save your money and order virgin hair that is high quality that's what I will be doing in the next few weeks! Good luck ladies who are searching for the perfect exstenions!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ashleighhnicolexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had done A LOT of research before purchasing hair extensions because I knew either way they would be pretty expensive. I finally decided to go with HeadKandy & I am very impressed! I'm a hard hair color to match because I'm a natural redhead but I also have blonde in my hair so I'm more of a strawberry blonde & the color St. Tropez from HeadKandy seriously matched perfect compared to other brands that didn't even carry close to my certain hair color (they either had bright red or just plain blonde). They were a little on the expensive side but the quality is great and the amount of hair you get is amazing, I actually use half that I wear as straight & half that I wear as curly because it's so thick that I can't wear all the clips at the same time. When it comes time to buy hair extensions again, I will def be repurchasing these! (: