August 29, 2014 | 1884 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The upside : I bought 2 samples of this and will be buying the full size. This is a very good exfoliating treatment. How good? I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror after 2 uses and did a double take. Was that really my skin? Why yes! Yes it was! I looked...younger and could not quite put my finger on why. My skin just seemed a bit clearer, glowy, plumper.

This product did not sting which pleased and surprised me because I have sensitive skin with mild rosacea. I left it on 10 minutes since the directions are 10 min to overnight. I usually do the least amount of time because I tend to get irritated easily.

The downside: This is a liquid in a bottle. My sample was in a packet, but the full size is in a bottle. I would love it if this was on pads the way PTR and Bliss package their similiar products. I always tend to waste product I have to squeeze out.

Comparison: 2 similiar products I have tried are the above mentioned pads from Bliss and PTR. The Bliss pads irritated my skin a bit but worked well. The PTR does not give me the immediate results PC does, but I will continue to use it since it has some additional ingredients in it that I think may help long term. I feel no one ingredient is the anti- aging solution and am throwing a bunch of things at my issues.

Tip- use this product on the backs of your hands and you will be very happy with what you see if you have aging hands like me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish I could give this a 3 1/2 star rating - it isn't quite good enough to hit the 4 star mark yet it deserves a better mark than how we usually rate 3 star "its ok, a little above average" type products.

This is one of the top products in Paula's collection and I really do find it to be an above average treatment. It definitely removes dead skin through some pretty hardcore exfoliation. That said, this product is NOT for sensitive skin types. My face has gotten used to some pretty heavy duty professional peels over the years so I was really surprised by the amount of irritation I got using this overnight, and the amount of redness (almost like a mild sunburn) which followed/lasted a day or two. even so I like how smooth and exfoliated my skin is post treatment. Its affordable considering it is only used 1-2 times a wk so your money does go a long way.

Even though I am a liked this product, I wouldn't consider it the greatest thing out there.
Considering all of the great 1-2X's per wk peels and masks available that do the same if not more for the skin, I find this to be over-rated. I have seen this touted as a miracle worker by nearly every guru and online blogger I watch/run across which makes me roll my eyes. I haven't noticed any changes in my uneven skintone or to any scars or rough patches at all so its not penetrating as deeply as it claims. But it did help with flaking although I think its kind of on a more temporary level. I am not seeing any miracles here but I definitely got an impressive exfoliation without having to scrub or risk damaged skin. Again though, those results seem very temporary and I much prefer a daily treatment (and she does have better daily use products, as do other co's).

If you aren't a sensitive skin type, have dry skin, and want to do some light range superficial slothing I do recommend this product. But I suggest trying a sample first for a buck from her website to see if its for you. If you have problem areas that you want to fix or improve, such as acne scaring and hyper-pigmentation, you won't be too impressed with this stuff. Resist weekly treatment seems to me to be one of those products which helps to improve skin which is already really good, not so much for those of us with skin complaints. IMO its not a bad product but its not a great one either; it works better than what is available at the drugstore but not as well as high end products or other products at the same price. Its kind of in the middle and gave me no cause for celebration and I wouldn't be the first thing to come to mind re recommending to others. Me personally, I won't re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Boujie88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this product - but be warned...it's not for everyone. I use it twice weekly before bed, on cleansed skin. It will tingle for a bit, and may even make some red splotches on your face - but, when you wake up in the morning, it's a miracle. Clean, clear, smooth and soft skin.
I will never be without this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I'd bought this in a trial size before going for the whole bottle. My skin tends towards dry and sensitive and I just cannot tolerate this product at all. It basically acts like a mild AHA peel

The day after I apply this, I don't see much difference. But for next 4-5 days after - UGH. Burning, tightness, redness, dryness, flaking. I have to moisturise constantly and this kind of reaction is very hard to cover up with make-up

After all the old skin has peeled off, I do see a decent result. Like I said, it works like a light peel and takes off the top layer of skin. However, I am just not willing to suffer through 5 days of terrible-looking and uncomfortable skin - I may as well just go for a proper, deeper peel

My skin really doesn't like AHAs, but it does better on BHAs. So if you've used other AHA products with no issue then maybe this one will be OK for your skin

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Temple

I bought this after I run out of the Alpha H Liquid Gold treatment, which I have used with very good results. I must say that this does not even come close to the before mentioned product.I found it not only inefficient, but also it caused blocked pores and whiteheads. What I must mention is that my skin is very very picky about the products I use and I am well aware that I cannot generalize. I am also used to high concentrations of AHA and BHA, so that is not the problem. The truth is that most Paula's Choice products do not work for me. The only product I keep rebuying is the Skin Balancing Toner.
I gave this product to my boyfriend, and he doesn't have the same issues I had with it, although he does not see any groundbreaking results either. So I can safely conclude that the price / performance ratio is not all that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by charmed2sxi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is great on my forehead which is very dry. I brought 10 samples of this and had to purchase a full size bottle as I saw the results after using 5 samples. I leave it on overnight 3 times a week. My un even tone has evened out and my skin feels much smoother. I apply with my fingers as using a cotton pad would be wasteful. I feel the packaging would be better if it had a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by patfl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For years I have had discolored skin on my neck and chest due to inconsistent use of sunscreen. It was a large V-shaped area. I started using Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment on it (just on a whim - I had bought it for my face), and it beautifully "resurfaced" that area within a couple of weeks. My skin is even-toned and I am being diligent about applying sunscreen each morning. Excellent product. And I also have to comment on the exceptional customer service from Paula's Choice. They are the gold standard in customer service. Excellent products and incredible service.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by wendylee526

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've left a few reviews today of the Paula's Choice line. Cannot say enough that I feel like I'm an expert on trying products. This treatment is amazing. I have tried everything. EVERYTHING. I have very dry skin.. This resurfacing treatment transformed my skin. I am so glad I found this product line!! I would highly recommend!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried several PC products a few months ago this being one of them. My face broke out and seemed more oily. I did not care at all for the bottle. I used this with the 5% AHA daily smoothing treatment. If anything my skin looked worse. I used for an entire 6 weeks. I didn't see any difference.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is serious business. It's a little much for my sensitive skin - I probably use it once a month. However, I've shared it at girls' nights and everyone loves it. It will absolutely deliver soft, smooth skin. I might try it again later in life when I have more skin accumulated to slough off.