April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I see I'm not the only one who disliked this mascara! I actually liked it the first time I used it; I personally had zero problems with the wand, the formula didn't smell overly strange, my eyes didn't burn or sting after application. Plus, it lengthened and defined my lashes. Winner, right?? Nope. This mascara smudged under my eyes every single time I used it. Yup, I looked like a total raccoon. I have oily skin, so this may be why. For a dollar it's certainly worth a try, unless you have oily skin/eyelids. I'd say look elsewhere if that's the case.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am shocked at how much I like this mascara. I have been so disappointed with both HE and DS products and constantly change my product preference. This one is cheap, goes on well, removes *pretty* well, and if it gets thick I don't mind just tossing it for another one. It keeps the curl in my lashes and lasts all day. I usually end up tossing my mascara every two months or so anyway because my eyes are sensitive and get itchy if I keep my mascara too long. I am pretty sure I have never actually used up a tube of any mascara before tossing.

I hate spending a lot of money on makeup that isn't colorful, like blush and eye shadow, so getting cheap mascara is great. It's a basic for me and I will continue to use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received this mascara as part of a smoky eye holiday set. Firstly, the packaging is horrible. Half the time when opening the product, the cap comes apart. (If you own this, chances are you know what I'm referring to.) Secondly, while I did like the actual formula, it dried out in under a month. I did feel it actually "lengthened" and "defined". I do not believe this was supposed to be a trial size, and even if it were I think it should have lasted a bit longer than 2-3 weeks! I don't even think I'd purchase again for travel purposes. 90% of the time, you get what you pay for with E.L.F. products. I do love their Studio Collection, though!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by CecilCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always get this mascara in E.L.F cosmetic kits for eyes. I really like them for a cheap mascara this is really good. I have no problem with clumping and it goes on nice and thin and makes my eye lashes look nice. I like to keep them around in case I need mascara in a pinch. Overall for the price and quality it's worth giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ShortAndProud

So what that you can find this brand at the dollar store?! You get the same quality for 15x the amount of money! This works SOO well for the money. You can put a lot on and it won't clump at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Lizzielizay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara SUCKS, I cant use mine because literally there's so much mascara clogged on the brush! Not to mention the brush is so hard/stiff, too much mascara comes out that when you try to put the brush back in the tube mascara gets trapped at the top so now its pouring out, and not to mention its a pain trying to take this off!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by catlike

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I forgot my makeup and brush case when traveling (yes, you can apparently do this!), so I explored the mega-cheap options for makeup to tide me over through the weekend. I trolled the ELF rack for bargains and picked this up, along with an eyeliner, eyeshadow palette, and brow pencil. This was horrible. It was dry and clumpy and did not want to leave the wand, which is a pathetic excuse for a wand, to be honest. Granted, I don't expect much for a buck, although I've gotten some great products for two or three bucks. I'd forgive the bad wand if the consistency of the mascara were usable. I added some contact lens solution to the tube, which I know isn't a long-term solution, and that made it serviceable. I tossed it before I left to go home, figuring I got my dollar's worth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't let the fact that elf products being so inexpensive means that they're cheap. This mascara, along with the others I've got from elf, is very good! Great lengthening and separating and the brush is wonderful. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by StyleInCMajor

My everyday mascara. Very natural definition and lengthening with no clumps or smearing. I usually use one or two coats, but it can be built up for better definition. For $1, it gets the job done!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara for a very natural, everyday look. It's not a wet formula at all. I love the packaging since it's sleek (black colored with the name in silver writing). It's not going to give you a ton of volume, but that's not what it promises. It does lengthen a little, and it definitely defines my lashes. However, if you're looking for a dramatic mascara, look elsewhere (unless you're willing to keep building it up). This mascara is for people with already full lashes who want to make them stand out a little more. :)