April 16, 2014 | 1899 users online

Polishes - Sephora - Sephora by OPI LOOKS LIKE RAIN DEAR

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Alleighe

One of my favorite polishes EVER. Such a gorgeous yellow-based glitter gold. It's sophisticated, yet fun. And the color is sooo flattering on just about everyone! Highly recommend! Pick this up while you still can!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this colour, it is gorgeous, and like all OPI polishes it goes on perfectly and dries quickly. BUT, it chips off within hours!! Even with a decent top coat, it chips and flakes right away. And that's a dealbreaker considering how expensive it is. Am I suppose to paint my nails every day? I don't think so. I'm done with OPI, there are way better brands out there for a fraction of the price, and they actually last for several days without chipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Kiirah2008

I love this color! The gold is so pretty! Not only does it have gold but there is some silver glitters thrown in. I did 2 coats cause 1 wasnt enough just by itself. If you want to layer a gold glitter on top of another color than 1 coat of this will work but on its own you'll need 2, at least.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

Super glad I got a hold of this gold glitter polish. The polish is just packed full of gold and irredescent glitter. It could go with only two coats but, I went three. Beautiful polish, great for the holidays!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by leleigh

This is such a beautiful gold glitter polish. I think you can still get it on sephora's website. It is limited edition, though, so I would snatch it up. It looks pretty as a glitter coat on top of other colors and beautiful on it's own. It's a true gold, and the gold glitter is fine with chunkier iridescent glitter just the like description on Sephora states. I would say it's a sophisticated glitter polish. Sometimes with glitter polishes you're afraid you look like it's for a 13 year-old, not this one. So pretty, get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by flipper5577

Love this gold nail polish! It is much better than last year's holiday edition gold "Worth my weight". You could get away with one coat but two is better. It is even prettier if you apply "Only Gold For Me" (clear with chunky and micro gold glitter) on top. Since the glitter is larger it creates cool patterns. It lasted over a week on my nails. It did take a little work to get all the glitter off but well worth it. Got a lot of compliments and could see wearing this during the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought LOOKS LIKE RAIN DEAR in NYC in November - I think it was a LE for the festive season. I'm totally in love with this one - it's so pretty and unique. It's a muted gold shade, packed with fine silver glitter - which shines in different colours when it catches the light.

I'm usually wary when it comes to glitter in any makeup product, but the glitter particles here are so fine; they reflect the light to give more of a shiny, high polished look, rather then screaming glitter ball. The formula is a bit on the sheer side, so it will take three coats for a solid finish. The formula does apply evenly and streak free though, and it dries quickly.

Using my usual base and top coats this polish will last me around 2/3 days with only minimal wear; but I'm tough on my nails (self powered wheelchair user), so it will probably last longer on other people.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by meetmeinmontauk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color for the holidays. The staying power is better than that of normal polishes. However, it was a big pain in the butt to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by l1zzyholmes

looks like rain, dear is my favorite polish atm. i was hooked on the gold polish from opi's burlesque line, but i think this gold is much more refined and goes on nicer. i have yellow skin tones, and the yellow in this polish compliments it well. the only downside is that it tends to get clumpy after a while a needs a heavy top coat, but otherwise an amazing polish!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by rayquaza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So pretty with my dark skin tone! I shied away from glittery polish for a while, since it usually ended up looking pretty cheap/12-year-old-ish on me. This is certainly cheery and holidayish without appearing tacky. I was pleasantly surprised by the pigmentation, too. Needed a thick topcoat since I'm not fond of the gritty, glittery texture, but overall I'm pleased and am definitely buying this again.