November 26, 2014 | 1896 users online

Highlighters - rms beauty - Living Luminizer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

Like the previous reviewer, I too have dark Indian skin. Although I read that it works for all skin tones, this "luminizer" only made my face look ashy and greasy. Also there are absolutely no guides available online on how to use this on dark skin. This was pretty expensive and I feel sad that I believed all the hype. I'm sure it works great on fairer skin tones but the product should not promise it works for everyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Brazinda

I have never had fussy skin- really I could put whatever I wanted on and I would never breakout until I tried this stuff. First of all it was frosty so if you're dark skinned like me (Indian/Brazilian) then stay away just for that reason unless you want it to look like the 90's shimmer eye shadow threw up on you. It caused really bad cystic bumps immediately and I only used it twice because the top of my cheeks looked horrendous. I wash my face and hands religiously but having it in a pot in not hygienic at all, your fingers can get dirty so easily and constantly dipping them into the pot just allows bacteria to accumulate over time.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by dlbaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading lots of hype about this product, I finally ordered this. I was completely disappointed and quickly sent it back. For $38, this product didn't do much except make my cheeks feel kind of sticky-greasy. I could just put a little coconut oil there and it would look the same! I'll stick to my powder luminizers. I love the idea, the ingredients, and the packaging, but this is really not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like everyone who follows beauty news, I bough this after reading it's the product that gives J.Crew models their signature glow. While it certainly hasn't transformed me into a fresh-faced model, I'm happy with it, for the most part.

To apply, I like to take a very bit on my fingertip and dab along my cheekbones, on the outer corner of my eye, and down the center of my nose, which definitely gives my face a glow, although I've found it looks better when I'm not wearing much makeupó I think it gives my skin an odd "thick" texture when I wear it with foundation.

I love that it's made with natural ingredients, which is probably the reason I'd continue to buy, as opposed to using Vaseline for the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of those talked-about products with a cult following so I had to try it. I can see why so many people love it - I find myself reaching for it everyday!

Pros:
- Adds life back into my dry dead-looking pale skin. I have rosacea so I sometimes wear foundation + concealer to cover the ruddiness/acne, but that can deaden my face. Blush + this product really help to make me look alive and glowy (but not greasy or shiny) again.
- the PERFECT kind of shimmer! Superfine, almost metallic, and only noticeable in the sun, as a highlight.

Cons:
- I took some points off for packaging because I'm not a fan of the jar as it's not hygienic to put your fingers in the product everyday. I much prefer an airless pump and I hope they do switch to that someday - something like the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector packaging, which feels more high-end (but that product is definitely not as thick/solid as the RMS).
- People with oily skin will not appreciate the greasy feel of this.
- Can be hard to find - why doesn't Sephora carry this?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by CeciliaLark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

All I can say is WOW. I have sensitive, dry-normal skin that sweats and gets a mite oily throughout the day. This is a luminizer that walks a fine line. It doesn't make my skin look greasy, rather it brings out a glow that makes me look like I've had the best fascias ever. You need to use it sparingly because a) this product is a lil' pricey and b) too much can just slide off the skin.
And it does last. I tried it sans any powder products and it lasted about 8 hours easy. Over a loose powder containing silica, it lasted 12 hours. People kept asking me if I was in love!
...I guess I am, but it's this luminizer that I'm crushing on.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite highlighter. I like the cream ones best, because I feel like they are the easiest to control with my finger. Powder and liquid can be too much with a brush. I also love the color and amount of shimmer. I am in my 30s, so I need something that isn't too in your face and something that still shows. This is a dewy sheen, and just looks like I have high cheekbones. I even feel comfortable using it on the bridge of my nose, it doesn't look like I have oily skin. Best of all is the color. It is kind of a really pale gold, not too silver or pink and still good for my super pale yellow toned skin. It does not starkly stand out like others. It is super expensive, but worth it since this jar should last a really long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Naturalchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the most angelic and beautiful highlighter on my NC15-20 skin tone. I mostly like my highlighters to be very light and in the silvery direction and it's not easy to find. This gives the skin a moist and youthful sheen. I like that the skin looks dewy but not oily with this on. The only downfall/trade off for this effect is that it never dries down and therefore the wear time is not the best. It's easily rubbed off if you're the type who touches your face a lot.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

Crazy rumor is spreading around about this product and its life changing qualities. Way too many good reviews, organic beauty blogs telling you it's a must have.
Please do yourself a favor and lower your expectations before getting this luminizer and I promise you won't be disappointed.

I wanted this little thing for too long. And now here I'm I have it. Did my life change? No. Are people stopping me and asking what have I done with my skin? Not really, my dad said my skin is smooth though, (but hey family members don't count, do they)
So yea, it perks up my complexion, but you won't really notice anything special. It looks better when I have foundation on, I don't really like to apply this on bare (=moisturized only) skin.
You can apply a little amount, so you'll achieve a slightly glowy face, and you can apply a little more to almost wet-looking, glossy cheekbones. I do think the Living Luminizer is versatile.

Overall I like this product, but the packaging is not so HE as I'd expect.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by peoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product definitely has the hype factor. I think it was the first rms product that I purchased, probably because I had seen coverage everywhere, from natural to mainstream beauty editorials. I didn't entirely dislike it to begin with, but I increasingly felt that it was making the skin along my cheekbones a little bumpy. It stopped short of breaking me out, but there were very small, under-the-surface bumps that seemed to appear over time. Ironically, the congestion caused by the living luminizer, looked even more obvious once highlighted by the product itself. I cleanse very thoroughly, starting makeup removal with the rms coconut creme, so this shouldn't have been an issue.

Despite all the reviews stating how natural and indiscernible the shimmer in this product is, I would have to disagree and stand alongside the minority of reviews that have felt this is somewhat of an overblown statement. Even with the lightest of touch, it definitely has a 'frosty' finish to my eye, as opposed to a 'lit from within' subtle glowing radiance. It could be pretty if that's the look you are going for, but I don't really want anything that translates as sparkly or glittery on my face during the day. Finally, it doesn't last very long on my skin at all. By the time I have travelled to work (navigating public transport and often inclement weather conditions) it has all but disappeared. Likewise, on a hot weather vacation, it just seemed to slide off, and after a while application seemed pointless. This goes for many of the rms beauty products - I've often left my house happy with how my makeup looks, only to get a shock when I catch sight of my reflection an hour or so later.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No