November 26, 2014 | 1764 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I am Nw20, almost black hair brown eyes, deep soft winter. This color is fascinating to me. It is a blue based pink, but doesn't feel that cool on my lips. It almost feels like a summer pink at times. It is more blue based and "pink" than MAC Giddy which is more of a pink lemonade shade. Lovelorn is subtle, yet still a statement pink...that I can actually pull off! My favorite look is when I am wearing a grey t-shirt and jeans, casual makeup and then I pop this on for an unexpected pop of girly goodness. This is an exceptional color for transitioning in and out of summer looks. I usually go more Fabby or Giddy in summer, but love this for spring and late summer. I have not tried this in full on winter, but I imagine it will provide a pop of life to my standard pink cheeked, Creme Cup lipped winter look. It is a very surprising color, check it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've tried wearing Girl About Town for quite some time now. It suits my skin tone and is beautiful, but just too "loud" for everyday wear and too fussy to apply. My daytime look is pretty sedate and almost all of my lipsticks are in the nude/neutral range. I love how easy it is to wear neutrals, but wanted something more pink and delicate as an alternative. Lovelorn is perfect in this regard. It's a lovely pink shade that would most likely suit any skin tone and makes my daytime look really pop. I love MAC's lustre lipsticks and would buy them in every shade if I could. I use Lovelorn with either MAC's Hover or Dervish or Rimmel's 018 Addiction liners. Besides the exorbitant price, the only con I can see with this lipstick after a week of wearing it is that your lips have to be very smooth and buffed or every little flake/blemish will show.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovelorn is a beautiful mid-tone pink in the Lustre finish. The shine is enough to not need a lipgloss on top but not overpowering where you feel like a disco ball fell on your lips. The shade of pink can be worn by just about any girly girl of any and all skin tones and ages. This is a very pretty lady like pink lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Emmylou28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is beautiful neutral but bright pink. I actually picked it up a little earlier today. I had my eyes on it for awhile and finally figured, why not?! I can already tell it will be an everyday staple. I am a nude everyday kind of girl. I think this really perks up my face. I am very pale with cool undertones. This is a pink that will look good on any skintone. It's a lustre and the cool thing about Lustre's is that you dont really need to apply a gloss. Just lipstick on and out the door!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by queengoldchainsz

I ordered this off posh mark and based on what I saw online I thought it would be a nice light pink but was more of a coral pink which doesn't look good on me since I'm fair skin tone and have dark hair. I wouldn't buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first MAC lipstick! I realllly like it! Its a medium bright pink and goes well with my porcelain skin. I decided to buy this one instead of the creme cup which was a little more subtle. This has that extra oomph if you are looking for a wearable pink! I love it! Also isnt drying and comfortable on my lips :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by AlEvers

i wouldnt buy this again, simply for the reason that it is way too expensive for what it does, mac lippies are overrated. Drugstores are stepping up their game lately and it just isnt worth the price tag anymore. I do really like this colour, its quite sheer and moisturising, altough it does seem to fade quickly. easy to find a dupe in drugstores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a extremely pretty and girly shade of pink without being to garish and clownish it is a medium toned pink that gives a fresh feminine approach with any look I prefer to opt for Neutral eyes when wearing this for a more natural muted down look its a definite staple in my collection love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by itsEmmaTime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This was the very first MAC lipstick I ever bought and I absolutely could not be happier with it! It is my go to everyday lipstick! It's a soft light/medium pink that goes with everything.

I'm very very pale (NW10) with dark hair and this suits me amazingly. It's a pretty close match to my natural lip colour which makes it extremely easy for me to wear.

It's a lustre finish so the staying power isn't amazing and it does need to be reapplied often.

I will definitely be repurchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Maclover93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A very cute pink, kind of in the middle of bright pink and baby pink. It gives a nice youthful look to my face and suits most looks. It never looks to bright or stark like a hot pink or baby pink would. It also reminds me of something Hanna from Pretty Little Liars would wear, and she always has flawless makeup.