April 23, 2014 | 1945 users online

Lips - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by itsEmmaTime

This was the very first MAC lipstick I ever bought and I absolutely could not be happier with it! It is my go to everyday lipstick! It's a soft light/medium pink that goes with everything.

I'm very very pale (NW10) with dark hair and this suits me amazingly. It's a pretty close match to my natural lip colour which makes it extremely easy for me to wear.

It's a lustre finish so the staying power isn't amazing and it does need to be reapplied often.

I will definitely be repurchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Maclover93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A very cute pink, kind of in the middle of bright pink and baby pink. It gives a nice youthful look to my face and suits most looks. It never looks to bright or stark like a hot pink or baby pink would. It also reminds me of something Hanna from Pretty Little Liars would wear, and she always has flawless makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very fair, an NW15/NC15 at Mac, and I have quite dark brown hair so it's easy for me to looked washed out. I have always avoided light/sheer nude and pink lipsticks because I didn't think they suited me, then I met Lovelorn! I saw an old video of Kate from the Gh0stparties beauty blog reviewing her favourite Mac lipsticks and this was among them, I thought it'd be give it a shot on my quest to find a pale, sheer lipstick that suited me! I love this lipstick. The colour is so pretty and the texture is smooth and it's very moisturizing. It is exactly the shade it looks to be, a perfect, neutral soft pink. My only complaint would be longevity, you have to re-apply it every hour or so but it's worth it! This is currently my favourite lipstick, and I have many from Mac, all are quite bold so Lovelorn and Chatterbox are the two lighter pinks that I have that are very flattering on my skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by jessahorsting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The perfect everyday pink! Nothing too bright like St Germain, I wear it to the office every day. Would definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by msbrittneyhernandez

I have such a loving relationship with this lipstick. Initially I had purchased as a 'stepping stone' into a 'brighter' lip color (before I typically wore shades like Angel, Shy Girl, and Creme Cup on the daily). This is the perfect pink for day/school/work, and just as it did for me, helped me embark on the journey of more 'dramatic' lip colors (like Vegas Volt, Impassioned, and Rebel). Will Repurchase when I am through with this tube

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Lley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first Mac lipstick. I was looking for the perfect pink for everyday use and I didn't want it to be too nude or bright. People often compare this with Speed Dial and I myself don't really like how cremesheen formula turns out on my lips (weird, I know.)
If you want something more natural and sexy looking pouty lips instead of the summer color, pick this instead of Speed Dial.

I am NW25, dark brown hair&eyes and it fits me perfectly. I personally think that this one can works in a lot, different, skintones. My lips isn't too washed out and it's not too pigmented either, in case you guys are wondering.

The only downside to this lipstick is its staying power. But, its okay since I can always reapply it! It stays for 1-3 hours for me.

I need more lipsticks like this one. I am so glad that it's from the permanent line and I hope Mac will never discontinue it though!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by dstar12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to bright lipstick. I usually stick to neutrals for everyday wear, but I break this out any time I have a special event or even if I'm just going out for dinner. It's a great "bright" for people who are just starting with lipstick and/or don't want to go for really vivid colours like Vegas Volt, Impassioned, or Viva Glam Nicki. Also looks good with Revlon's Pink Pout lipgloss.

Super happy with it and will def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by khov92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the perfect everyday pink for me. I have warm-toned skin (NC20) and cooler pinks and nudes by MAC like creme cup and hue completely wash me out. I love the long lasting formula and it doesn't dry my lips out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Cayla29S

This is my go to lipstick if I'm not sure which shade of pink to wear. It is smooth and creamy. It is definitely work appropriate. I can see this looking great on anyone. NC 45

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by DPinon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pink has never been any part of my make up collection but I thought I'd try something different.. It is rich and creamy, it stays on well too!