MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 1/31/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my least favorite of all the Mac lipsticks I've tried. That being said, I don't hate it. I like the cremesheen formula more than the lustre, to begin with. Not as much staying power. I am Caucasian with medium skin tone. This color ends up looking too hot pinkish on my lips. I downplay it by wearing creme cup over it.

on 1/21/2015 3:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is my absolute favourite lipstick. It is a beautiful mid-pink colour. On my fair skin it is brighter than my natural lips but isn't too bright or intense. The formula is also lovely. I'd never used lustre finish lipsticks before because I thought they didn't last very well. But I find this lipstick lasts very well. It is a creamy finish so it won't last all day but it does last a good 3-4 hours. And a slight stain is left on your lips when it wears off so it isn't too noticeable where it has worn off. Love this!

on 1/8/2015 10:17:00 PM

LOVE THIS LIPSTICK. It is my go-to soft pink. As a lustre it is very hydrating and is comfortable to wear. It does not bleed or look to 'Barbie' or 'Bubblegum' pink. It's natural, daytime and workwear appropriate. My lips are quite pigmented so it gives them a bit of 'oomph' without looking fake. I love this lipstick and would recommend.

on 1/7/2015 3:20:00 AM

I like this lipstick more than I thought I would. It's a sheer, shiny brightened true pink that brightens my face but looks natural. I usually wear very heavy, matte lipsticks and so this is a good choice for my fresh-faced days. I am not a huge fan of the Lustre formulations (too much slip for me), but that's just a personal preference.

on 9/4/2014 7:20:00 AM

I am Nw20, almost black hair brown eyes, deep soft winter. This color is fascinating to me. It is a blue based pink, but doesn't feel that cool on my lips. It almost feels like a summer pink at times. It is more blue based and "pink" than MAC Giddy which is more of a pink lemonade shade. Lovelorn is subtle, yet still a statement pink...that I can actually pull off! My favorite look is when I am wearing a grey t-shirt and jeans, casual makeup and then I pop this on for an unexpected pop of girly goodness. This is an exceptional color for transitioning in and out of summer looks. I usually go more Fabby or Giddy in summer, but love this for spring and late summer. I have not tried this in full on winter, but I imagine it will provide a pop of life to my standard pink cheeked, Creme Cup lipped winter look. It is a very surprising color, check it out.

on 9/2/2014 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried wearing Girl About Town for quite some time now. It suits my skin tone and is beautiful, but just too "loud" for everyday wear and too fussy to apply. My daytime look is pretty sedate and almost all of my lipsticks are in the nude/neutral range. I love how easy it is to wear neutrals, but wanted something more pink and delicate as an alternative. Lovelorn is perfect in this regard. It's a lovely pink shade that would most likely suit any skin tone and makes my daytime look really pop. I love MAC's lustre lipsticks and would buy them in every shade if I could. I use Lovelorn with either MAC's Hover or Dervish or Rimmel's 018 Addiction liners. Besides the exorbitant price, the only con I can see with this lipstick after a week of wearing it is that your lips have to be very smooth and buffed or every little flake/blemish will show.

on 8/23/2014 2:54:00 PM

Lovelorn is a beautiful mid-tone pink in the Lustre finish. The shine is enough to not need a lipgloss on top but not overpowering where you feel like a disco ball fell on your lips. The shade of pink can be worn by just about any girly girl of any and all skin tones and ages. This is a very pretty lady like pink lipstick.

on 8/3/2014 9:14:00 PM

This is beautiful neutral but bright pink. I actually picked it up a little earlier today. I had my eyes on it for awhile and finally figured, why not?! I can already tell it will be an everyday staple. I am a nude everyday kind of girl. I think this really perks up my face. I am very pale with cool undertones. This is a pink that will look good on any skintone. It's a lustre and the cool thing about Lustre's is that you dont really need to apply a gloss. Just lipstick on and out the door!

I ordered this off posh mark and based on what I saw online I thought it would be a nice light pink but was more of a coral pink which doesn't look good on me since I'm fair skin tone and have dark hair. I wouldn't buy again

on 6/23/2014 3:22:00 PM

This is my first MAC lipstick! I realllly like it! Its a medium bright pink and goes well with my porcelain skin. I decided to buy this one instead of the creme cup which was a little more subtle. This has that extra oomph if you are looking for a wearable pink! I love it! Also isnt drying and comfortable on my lips :)

Popular Lipsticks