Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Imperatrice EDT

4.1

on 7/13/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mmmm, delish! This EDT smells like a soft smooth fruity beach cocktail -- like something I'd be sipping beside the pool at my hotel in the Bahamas. Soothing, relaxing, happy-making. And upscale too -- smells like a rich lady on a summer beach vacation -- or a cruise. I can almost hear soft steel drum music and seagulls in the background.

Launched in 2009 as one of the D&G Anthology series of numbered EDTs, this was the pink one, the most popular, and is perhaps the sole survivor of the collection? (although others can still be bought online.) I once either heard or read somewhere that it has a cult following.

Fruity & floral & fresh fragrances aren't normally my wheelhouse (I prefer gourmands, orientals, vanillas, musks), but this fragrance is just so soooooft, smooooth, limpid, and quietly pretty! It has a special subtle glassy-smooth quality, which is difficult to describe. Not "in-your-face" fruity, like a VS garden scent -- these fruits aren't bold-smelling -- they're really soft & exotic & seamless and a bit clean-musky smelling. Sheer and watery -- like a watercolor painting.

Sophisticated, for a fruity scent. Smells kind of like a shampoo's scent, really -- on the melony side -- soft, relaxing, and enjoyable. Vacation in a bottle. It almost casts a spell -- magical.

Ahhhhh -- so refreshing! I'm wearing it on this over-90-degree day, and it works perfectly. Every inhale smells like an exotic islandy retreat. Might be my imagination, but I sensed one of my male coworkers possibly lingering for a whiff as he passed by me earlier.

Launched in 2009. Notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Pink pepper, Kiwi, Rhubarb
Heart Notes - Cyclamen, Watermelon, Jasmine
Base Notes - Lemon tree wood, Musk, Sandalwood

Even though it's an EDT, I have no problem with strength or longevity -- I think it's just right -- and I wouldn't want it any stronger.

on 5/25/2015 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This perfume has a more mature scent to it in my opinion but I don't think it's a big deal. I can smell the sandalwood and tones like that more than the fruity scents. And I'm not the biggest fan of musky scents but there is enough of a fruit scent to grab my interest. The staying power isn't too bad either. On average, I think it last about 6 hours on me. And it doesn't disappear right off the bat, it fades very gently to me.
I think that if you want a soft scent that can be worn almost anywhere, this is it. I can wear it during the day but also at night. Also, I don't have to worry about it being too overpowering because it is such a light scent which makes me really happy especially when I wear it to work. I don't know if I'll buy it again since you do get a lot for your money and also I tend to never go back to a scent once I finish it unless it leaves a huge impression on me. But for a starter perfume or something for everyday, this is perfect. It isn't too over powering and can transition from day to night easily. It might be a little pricey but you do get a lot for your money and it will last a long time too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A close 2nd to my favourite Dolce & Gabbana perfume, Dolce, except l'Imperatrice doesn't have the earthy lower notes that I crave. Still, this is lovely. It's a beautiful symphony of red fruity notes - raspberries, cherries, mixed with some blackcurrent. I love to just let the beautiful juicy notes play over me. A most lovely sensation. Worth the price.

on 11/8/2014 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this perfume! It has a very fruity, floral and sexy scent, and it lasts a long time on my skin, I keep smelling it all day!

on 9/28/2014 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This perfume is definitely not for everyone, to me it doesn't smell completely bad but not amazing either.

on 7/27/2014 10:58:00 PM

If you don't like this fragrance then something is wrong with you. It's fruity, but doesn't smell like that cheap little girl/celebrity generic perfume. Smells fresh and subtle. Love, love, love, love this stuff. I'll probably wear this forever!!

on 7/27/2014 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I love this scent. It is so fresh and beautiful. It's perfect here in the summer. I am very picky with scents but when my friend one day showed me this I just had to own one myself. I'll definitely have more bottle but right now I have a brand new one.

on 7/26/2014 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite perfumes! I was looking for it for about a year until I found it at Sephora in Florida. It was shipped to the store by mistake. They said it is only sold online. So happy. 100 ml cost US$69.
Top notes: Rhubarb, Red Currant, Kiwi Accord.
Heart notes: Pink Cyclamen flower, Watermelon
Base notes: Musky Notes, Sandalwood, Grapefruit Wood

I love the fact that I can feel grapefruit, kiwi and strawberries (not sure why, but I feel strawberry scent). I do not feel rhubarb or currant scent. I didn't even know that rhubarb or currants has a scent (!) But I also love sandalwood scent that is one of my favorites too! I love the fact that this perfume is very sexy, not too sweet, can be great for day and evening.

Note: I took off one star because I noticed that this fragrance does not last long on me. It takes about an hour and the scent is gone! And the bottle is just way too heavy to carry around. Unfortunatelly. Not the best perfume bottle for travelling.

on 4/26/2014 3:40:00 PM

I ordered this from Sephora based on the rave reviews . It arrived last night and I was so excited and ripped open the package and sprayed it on the back of my hand. Thank goodness it was only my hand because this stuff is horrible. It smells like dead fish or something. So today I went to a Sephora store to try their tester (thinking I might have a bad bottle) and again same skanky smell. So thinking it was just me, I walked over to a SA and had her sniff the back of my hand and she said ewe, what's on you're hand, as she eyed me as though I were Sasquatch or something. I don't get why people think this smells so good unless Sepora has some bad batches? I love Sephora and hate to name them in a poor review but maybe they should stop selling this. I obviously returned it and am glad they did so without question.

on 3/31/2014 3:27:00 AM

Well I think I found one of my favourite new perfumes. I got a couple of samples of this from sephora after my coworker told me about this fragrance... And I'm So glad I asked her about it. D&G 3 l'emperatrice is a perfect combination of fruity, clean and floral. IMO it smells like grapefruit, watermelon and some floral musk. I think it smells better the longer it stays on your skin. It lasts about 6-7 hours on me after one spritz... And I think after the 3 hour it smells even better than the 1st hour... The fragrance just blooms somehow. It's comforting and I can't stop sniffing my wrist and cardigan. I would definitely buy the full size.

Popular Fragrances