November 22, 2014 | 1470 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Mascara in Blackest Black

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This used to be HG for me for years...then they seemed to change the formula quite some time ago..where it used to last all day on me and wear beautifully with no smudging or flaking at all and it used to remove pretty easily, and it never bothered me...well..something changed..It now flakes on me, it gives me 'raccooon eyes,' makes my eyes itch and makes my eyelashes feel 'dry' when it never used to.....Also, when I remove it, it comes off in flakes, whereas it used to remove cleanly and smoothly and evenly.....Very disappointed..never thought this would give me raccoon eyes and all these other problems like it now does.......Really bummed because this used to be fine for day or night, day into night, fine for the workplace, great volume, great length..everything was great....But now I've been looking for a new HG mascara.........

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product was a good mascara but I prefer the Covergirl mascara in the orange tube and maybellines the falsies over this product. It gave me volume and length but it just doesn't look as good as the other mascaras I mentioned. My search for a holy grail mascara continues.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm torn about this mascara. I have repurchased it once and may buy it again, but for now I'm still looking for something better. I still have yet to find my HG mascara, but maybe the perfect mascara that both lengthens and thickens and washes off relatively easily just doesn't exist and I'll have to settle for good enough.

Pros:
Thickens very well
Buildable--can give a false lash effect that's only mildly clumpy (which doesn't bother me)
Lashes feel soft
Cheap (I get it for $5 at Target)
Dark
The tube lasts awhile and doesn't seem to dry out
Lashes stand out

Cons:
This mascara is wet and takes forever to dry. I like to curl my lashes, apply mascara, then curl again a few minutes later, but that doesn't work at all with this mascara. It will come right off onto the curler
Doesn't hold curl well (see above)
I have a tendency to get this on my eyelids. That happens to me with a lot of mascaras, so maybe my eyes are just weird.
Hard to remove. Even when you think it's gone, you may wake up with raccoon eyes.
Way too messy for lower lashes. This isn't much of a con for me because I just use a lengthening mascara for those.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I think it's more like a 3.5 - I like this mascara - it makes my lashes feel natural, the smell is nice & lotion like (not toxic or chemical-ish). 1 coat is nice for natural looks, 2 builds some more volume up but not spider like or overly clumpy. I also LOVE that it does not make my lashes feel stiff nor brittle, instead they feel soft & still like hair (if that makes any sense lol). I think that the panthenol or whatever is in the formula makes it so nice & such a classic. It is not much for separation or length like the cousin (One Million Lashes which I really adore as well), but it is a lovely daily slightly thickening (depending on how one coats) mascara. I will re-purchase, but next time prob go back to Carbon Black for a tiny bit more pop, or try the Million Lashes Excess as I think variety is half the fun of drug-store (in-expensive) mascara purchases :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this mascara because it's been around forever. Also, I like that the brush is dense so it can coat my fine short lashes. I purchased it @ Walgreens for about $10. When I finish this tube, I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Favorite. I've gone back to it over and over. Makes my lashes long, full, and luscious.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by lwpcolonel

I got this on clearance at my local Target for $2 so I am very happy with its performance considering its price. I have supershort hair right now, so it was imperative that my mascara give me long, fluttery lashes and this one fits the bill quite nicely. With just one coat I have long, full, soft lashes which stay on pretty well without smudging. It also removes quite nicely, especially if I coat my lashes with coconut oil before washing my face. I would probably buy this product again full price when the need arises. A+

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

This review is for #310 Original Voluminous Blackest Black.
Pros: minimal-to-no clumping, thickening, no smudging, minimal flaking, nice brush
Cons: might be too wet for some, no blacker than other black mascaras, harder-than-average to remove.
I am really liking this mascara's performance. The results are fairly dramatic. It is somewhat waxier than many other mascaras but I do not mind that aspect. EDIT: I added a lippie because I am getting more impressed with this product with more use. I prefer it to the Butterfly version.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by elmarut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love everything about this mascara! This was actually my first mascara ever, I got it when I was 12 I think and I've been using it for 5 years. In these 5 years I've probably tried all the mascaras in the world! I'm a mascara junky! But this is my all time favorite and I've never tried anything like it! It really thickens your lashes and makes them look longer and fuller and just wow you have to try it yourself!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by mommala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Picked this up on sale and maybe it was on sale because it was old. The first couple of times I used it, I got nice separated black lashes. After that, the wand came out clumpy and the mascara was too thick. Good black color, however. Better ones out there that last longer- won't repurchase.