L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Blackest Black

3.9

There is nothing "waterproof" about this mascara. Flakes, smudges and runs. The butterfly waterproof mascara has better staying power. This one is a waste of $$$$.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I rarely post on here, but this morning I was so done with this product that I thought I'd take the time for a review. I used this many years ago and remember liking it. The last two times I bought a tube (thought I'd give it a second chance), it was an utter mess. Every time the wand is pulled out of the tube, out comes just huge globs of product. You can't just wipe it down on the side of the tube because there's too much mascara all over the wand. I have to wipe it with a tissue each time I pull it out. The opening of the tube gets gunked up with mascara right away, so I have to wipe that down as well. I realize it's cheap, but seriously. Can they not even build a small enough wiping mechanism inside the tube? I saw this received a 4.0 rating but haven't read any of the other reviews. I admit I'm spoiled by Definicils, which has zero clumping ever and goes on so smoothly (I get sets of travel tubes on eBay-great deal), but I ran out so.... Still, no mascara should be a mess in your hands like that in this day and age.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is an awesome mascara. I am taking one lippie away because it does smudge a little bit, but it's nothing I can't handle. I would definitely recommend and I do plan on buying this one again eventually.

Years ago this was my fav but it smudges everywhere now.

Absolutely the best mascara. My eyelashes stay soft when I'm wearing it and it doesn't clump. You can apply multiple coats easily so you can range from natural to "falsies" look.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really like this mascara. I always like to try different DS mascaras as I prefer to save HE ones for special occasions as I don't wear false lashes. This is a great everyday mascara which provides length and volume and longevity. It feels soft on eyelashes and doesn't make them feel or appear stiff. I will repurchase this once I run out. Definitely recommend :)

Ive been using this for years! Sometimes i think there might be something better...but i ALWAYS come back to this! I like that the brush is a brush and not plastic. It grabs all my blonde lashes ,gives them length and volume..no clumps. I also loved Lash out but sadly discontinued..i find it on ebay.

This used to be HG for me for years...then they seemed to change the formula quite some time ago..where it used to last all day on me and wear beautifully with no smudging or flaking at all and it used to remove pretty easily, and it never bothered me...well..something changed..It now flakes on me, it gives me 'raccooon eyes,' makes my eyes itch and makes my eyelashes feel 'dry' when it never used to.....Also, when I remove it, it comes off in flakes, whereas it used to remove cleanly and smoothly and evenly.....Very disappointed..never thought this would give me raccoon eyes and all these other problems like it now does.......Really bummed because this used to be fine for day or night, day into night, fine for the workplace, great volume, great length..everything was great....But now I've been looking for a new HG mascara.........

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was a good mascara but I prefer the Covergirl mascara in the orange tube and maybellines the falsies over this product. It gave me volume and length but it just doesn't look as good as the other mascaras I mentioned. My search for a holy grail mascara continues.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm torn about this mascara. I have repurchased it once and may buy it again, but for now I'm still looking for something better. I still have yet to find my HG mascara, but maybe the perfect mascara that both lengthens and thickens and washes off relatively easily just doesn't exist and I'll have to settle for good enough.

Pros:
Thickens very well
Buildable--can give a false lash effect that's only mildly clumpy (which doesn't bother me)
Lashes feel soft
Cheap (I get it for $5 at Target)
Dark
The tube lasts awhile and doesn't seem to dry out
Lashes stand out

Cons:
This mascara is wet and takes forever to dry. I like to curl my lashes, apply mascara, then curl again a few minutes later, but that doesn't work at all with this mascara. It will come right off onto the curler
Doesn't hold curl well (see above)
I have a tendency to get this on my eyelids. That happens to me with a lot of mascaras, so maybe my eyes are just weird.
Hard to remove. Even when you think it's gone, you may wake up with raccoon eyes.
Way too messy for lower lashes. This isn't much of a con for me because I just use a lengthening mascara for those.

Popular Mascaras